Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
So in a few other threads several people had recommended The Vision to other posters and I finally got around to going to my LCS the other day and picked up the first 3 issues and Holy poo poo! Thank you so much! That book is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Hey - I haven't been to my LCS in a while. When I went yesterday, they were out of Vision #4 & #5. I've added it to my pull list so this won't happen again. But, I'd like to read those two issues before I read #6. Anyone have floppies they'd be willing to sell? I don't like digital, prefer to own full runs, and can't find any (or any reasonably priced, really eBay, 9 bucks for issue 4?) on-line. Or do any of you insiders know if they're being re-printed? Thanks.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
All I know is my guy said he's out of both 4 and 5 at both his stores and that he can't keep them on the shelf.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
What he said. (thanks)

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Hey. Thanks for the books. You're a good egg. Don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Extraordinary X-men has Moon Knight in it, if that helps.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Red Wolf would be great if Timothy Truman was on it.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
I don't follow a lot of news sites and all that so forgive me if this is common knowledge but:

Are there plans for Red Skull? He keeps popping up at the end of every drat book, all these teases, and not a drat thing is happening. It's just dragging on and on and I feel like nothing is going to come of it.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Endless Mike posted:

It would probably be more interesting if SHIELD hadn't been revealed as part of Hydra not too long ago. Like, who isn't Hydra by now?

Sunspot. Because he's AIM.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
I don't read any x-books anymore. They pop up in other books so I have a vague idea of mutant on-goings.

Are mutant powers pretty much just super-powers now? Like, have they abandoned the whole Bushwacker-Daredevil era thing where some mutants were just really good at violin?

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

JoshTheStampede posted:

There could certainly be some mutants out there who have non-super powers. But there's fewer mutants overall than there were, the violin player isn't going to show up in a comic book, he'll just go play violin.

Also he'll catch M-Pox and die.

I know there's less now.

The violin player did show up in a book and Bushwacker killed her. This was the 80's though.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

glitchwraith posted:

Where the narration boxes always red in Vision? I've got a weird theory that we've had a narrator change since the reveal of the original, which would cast doubt on the current foreshadowing.

One issue had the old man neighbor narrating, I believe.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Trast posted:

Having read through Civil War for the first time on Unlimited I was curious what other big events are essential reading in everyone's opinion as far as modern Marvel goes? Secret Wars 2 I would imagine and I heard Original Sin was entertaining.

Planet Hulk/World War Hulk got me back into comics. I know some folks aren't fond of the latter entirely.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

NikkolasKing posted:

The Avengers or Peter or someone should have like, a sponsorship program where they give the supervillains looking to reform a helping hand. It's not charity, it's just pragmatism. If you extend the hand of friendship they're less likely to want to punch you in the face.

Pete's got two working for him right now (last I read).

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Calaveron posted:

But hey, I guess the dissolved Parker-Watson marriage sure did stick, so that's one for those super permanent changes

I doubt it. She's constantly around in an almost teasing fashion to the reader. Sooner or later they'll be together again.

X-O posted:

That middle panel is showing all the possible mutations that Reed and Sue could have undergone. It was possible Reed could have turned into Thing or Man Thing. Sue could have been metallic or fire.

Reminds me of the awesome What If? (vol2, #11) The Fantastic Four All Had The Same Power? Four separate short stories for each power and for the thing one Sue is Man-Thing.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Star Lord should go up against Booster Gold and/or Blue Beetle (if he's alive again, I dunno).

Snark vs. Snark

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

quote:

Moon Knight is only on, like, issue 4, right? How the hell they gonna crank out 6 more issues by October?

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

ElNarez posted:

It adresses it. It says that, while Banner hasn't been The Hulk in a while, he's been experimenting on himself with gamma cells,

This is silly. A guy who since day-one doesn't want to be the Hulk and seemingly hasn't been in a while all of a sudden starts literally poking the (gamma) bear?

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
There's been a very poor attempt to paint carol as the "just following orders" type of military leader.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Lurdiak posted:

She does have a history of that, but it seems like it's something you'd downplay if you want anyone at all to root for her or like her.

Right. What I meant was either go all out with it or not at all. It's so half-assed that it's comical.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
I grew up on Atlantis Attacks and Inferno so CW2 really ain't that bad to these old eyes.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Havok married Wasp in uncanny avengers, so...

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Wanderer posted:

With Jen Walters in a coma and her old Timely supporting cast in limbo, Matt Murdock's the only super-lawyer on hand, and he just managed to screw himself out of ten grand in the last arc of his book. Dude's got to keep the lights on somehow.

What's a blind guy need lights for?

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Shinjobi posted:

I have a Venom question:

why does the symbiote want to eat brains? As a kid my only window into Marvel stuff was the 90s Spiderman cartoon, and obviously that series never mentions Venom wanting to eat brains. It was an awkward moment for me to read an issue of Venom around the same time, where the suit was loose and rampaging around New York or something. Can someone care to explain? Seems like such a weird detail to add to the alien.

It actually started as a throw-away line in one of the very first appearances of Venom. Either the McFarlane or Larsen run. Just typical bad-guy talk. It was later used for a toy.

All this other poo poo about a race of symbioses and them needing to feed on brain matter is retcon from a line in a 90's comic and a crappy, controversial talking action figure.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Wouldn't keeping the name Iron Man not only "keep the memory/brand alive" but also be, like, the perfect alter-ego thing for a young girl?

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Are there robo-breasts on the suit? Because if not, how the hell does anyone even now the gender of the person inside?

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Roth posted:

I kind of want them to just use Iron Man just for the potential comedy of everybody assuming she's a guy until she talks.

Uh, robo-voice-modulator thingy. Duh

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Never forget Atlantis Attacks

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Had this conversation too many times over the years.

I don't want any powers.

(so in this scenario, I'd run from the mists).

It's the whole "great power..." thing. I mean, if I suddenly gained invulnerable skin or healing touch or flight or whatever, I'd lie awake at night feeling guilty I wasn't helping others every waking moment. And yeah, you could be a villain. But you'd lie awake at night wondering about your next caper and if there's a counter to you out there (nature finds a way, etc).

Too much pressure. Pass.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

bobkatt013 posted:

Have you ever read Impulse? Same team as Champions and its an amazing book.

Ramos' giant feet make up for Liefeld's lack-thereof.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
I read spoilers all the time since I end getting to my LCS once a month.

Now, I haven't read the end of CW yet, but could

Rhyno posted:

Tony dead

mean, maybe Cap, eventually, gets jolted out of his hydra/brainwash bullshit because of guilt or sadness or something?

That's pure speculation on my part, btw.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Lurdiak posted:

No no, Nick Spencer led a movement to drive a black club out of his white neighbourhood because it was attracting "the wrong kind of people". He's definitely a racist.

You're right except OTR isn't really a "white neighborhood".

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
It took me forever, as a youth, to figure out who Ed was* and why he was involved with so many comics.

* See last issue - Ed.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Nobby posted:

And gaslighting the poo poo out of Sam (and to a smaller extent John Walker. That one's gonna hurt when he finds out).

And sent US Agent after him to beat him up on live TV.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Steve Rodgers: Captain America #1.

They're only, like, 7 issues into the series.

The Sam Wilson Cap stuff is recent as, what, two issues ago?

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

SilverSupernova posted:

So any other Avengers who are tied to specific states besides New York?
The only ones that come to mind are Nova (Arizona), Ms. Marvel (New Jersey), and Speedball (Pennsylvania). And to my knowledge, all three of them quit their respective Avengers teams.

Beast is Illinois, and he's from the Chicago suburbs.

Rick posted:

You could just plop down various Hulks in Southwest states.

They did. Red hulk is Nevada and Hulk is New Mexico.

And although I think Luke Cage is fine for New York, it's weird Spidey is New Hampshire

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
That's garbage. Sina Grace can't turn into ice. Why can't we get writers that have the same problems and backgrounds as the characters?

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Oh. So she's a target now. Even better.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
We still don't know what Fury said to Thor and now we gotta speculate on what Vision said to new Wasp, re: Kang.

I need closure, dang-it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Friendly Neighborhood Mustard-Stain

• Locked thread