Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Jerry Cotton posted:

O in the streets, G in the sheets.

FTFY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
None of you have been to a flea market before?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

What an amateur he should have said Cloyster :colbert:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
For some reason, after this thread's title changed to this, I read all these ads in the voice of H Jon Benjamin

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

someone awful. posted:

wasn't he allegedly a child molester?

Yeah, my family used to watch the poo poo out of that show and then *poof* it disappeared to the dustbin of history.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

AlbieQuirky posted:

I would totally pay $100 for that dinosaur made out of random metal.

I'll pay $110 :colbert:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Inescapable Duck posted:

Well post some loving pics man

Yeah, no poo poo, we wanna see haunted furnature

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Grandmas are allowed to have kinks too!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I recently went to Ikea, for the first time in my life. They had several complete apartments set up and furnished, from ~600 square feet, all the way down to about 290 or so square feet. It’s both brilliant marketing, and proof that you actually can live nicely in a small amount of space, if it’s well-designed. The apartment in those pictures is not well-designed.

Those are some of my favorite parts of Ikea. Of course I've never lived anywhere that it's common to have an apartment that consists of a bathroom and a little empty room.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Every time I think about how great it would be to live in the heart of a city, I remember this poo poo and my $1200/mo 1200 sq. ft apartment isn't bad at all.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Hirayuki posted:

I lost my beloved '99 Corolla in a flood four years ago this summer, and I still miss it. :( Such a good car, and in fantastic condition even at 15 years old.

eta: then again, mine had a sunroof

My parents had a '85 Toyota Camry for 20 years before giving it up due to frequent transmission problems. It also had a sunroof

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Khazar-khum posted:

Y'all are making me want a pinball machine

:yossame:

In high school my friend's dad had a Playboy pinball machine, so I played that one a lot. It was the mid 90's so it was probably from the 80's. Whenever you put the quarter in it, it would say "I'm Hugh, welcome to my party!"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I like how this one is just the ice packs they send your Hello Fresh poo poo in. I know because I did Hello Fresh for like two weeks :negative:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Don't forget the entire stigma that being poor/homeless/hungry makes you a bad person in a capitalist society, and a lot of groups make you jump through hoops to even have a chance at getting help.

E:
I know that one of the food banks near me at one time required you to take an 8 hour budgeting class before they would help.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

My Lovely Horse posted:

Some of those cans are probably still good, at least.

As long as a can is still sealed* it's going to be edible, they usually have a "best by" date, which means that they can't garuntee it'll be "right" after that time. Basically the contents start breaking down or settling, but you can definitely still eat it.

*If the can is bulging, it's full of botulism, and that will kill you.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Scathach posted:

It's funny that people even steal 'em to sell or use or whatever. When I was store security years ago, we had one person make one (just need a pair of strong magnets a certain distance apart) and it worked great.

Some lazy-rear end shoplifters out there these days.

Hell, if it's the spider type or any kind with a cord that goes through part of the product, a pair of dikes is even faster, since it's just a stainless steel cord.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

pseudorandom posted:

If people actually buy these, I might need to start selling them myself. Those bandanas are like $1 each at walmart, and if they cut one up into 3/4 smaller ones, that's a nice profit at $3 each.

I know I've seen Peeps branded dog bandanas at the store because easter.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Krankenstyle posted:

Skulls are badass
—me, age 12 and also age 38

:same:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Aesop Poprock posted:

Yeah I might not know what I’m talking about but it reminds me of the Body Worlds scandal where it came out they had no documentation for who the bodies were and where they came from, with the people behind being unable to refute they weren’t executed Chinese criminals

There were at least two of those exhibits roaming the country in the 00's. The one I went to definitely had fetuses, so I guess the criminals start early in China.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm a strong independent skeleton and I don't need no meat.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Lights Out was a good one TBH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

That's a fantastic deal considering legos are worth like $12/lb