Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electromax
May 6, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Better version.

https://youtu.be/sVRJtqPRZhQ

I mean gently caress, look at that Gamecube at the end.

They had to be durable, it's one of the few consoles that encourages you to carry it around through its design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Nintendo tells the world "we don't really make Pokemon Go", and their stock drops like a rock. Expect that to dominate the Nintendo news cycle til we hear about the NX

quote:

The Pokémon Company, which is an affiliated company of Nintendo Co., Ltd. (the "Company"), holds the ownership rights to Pokémon. The Pokémon Company is going to receive a licensing fee as well as compensation for collaboration in the development and operations of the application.
(Nintendo) owns 32% of the voting power of The Pokémon Company. The Pokémon Company is the Company’s affiliated company, accounted for by using the equity method. Because of this accounting scheme, the income reflected on the Company’s consolidated business results is limited.
Also, a peripheral device for use with the application, "Pokémon GO Plus," which will be produced and distributed by the Company, is scheduled for release. All of the above are reflected in the financial forecast ending March 31, 2017 as set forth on April 27, 2016.

I don't know if "investors are idiots who didn't pay attention" reflects that badly on Nintendo, who was not in the news period before the game came out. Plus as greatn mentioned, the Verge article I found gave a 17% drop, after the last few weeks' ~45% bump. It makes for some funny articles about investors not doing their due diligence though.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
NX won't have a touch screen or detachable controllers, it'll have 2 leather gloves with embedded fingertip sensors so every surface becomes either. You can hold any old controller you feel like!

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

I don't carry video game consoles on my person because I am a 30 year old man :smugdog:

When I was in prison we would have to strap original Xbox controllers to our stomachs before going out into the cafeteria, otherwise you got murked. I'm back out now but I can't share the habit, it's a comfort thing.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
The Metroid 2 fan remake releases today:
http://metroid2remake.blogspot.co.uk/

It's been in development for like 9 years. Looking forward to "new" 2D high-quality Metroid this weekend.

e2: Metroid 1 was released in Japan 30 years ago today!

Electromax fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Aug 6, 2016

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I liked Wii Sports golf where you put the gamepad on the ground and could see the ball in sand/etc. with the club head visible. Unfortunately stuff like that means your game requires at least one additional controller of some kind. If only the sides could've detached from the gamepad screen or something...

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Phones can be cool if the games are suited to the nature of the device. We played one where everyone is on their own phone with a different spaceship control panel, and you have to shout at each other which levers and buttons they need to press based on instructions only you can see. Simple touch controls, but leveraging many different screens isolated from one another.

If it's a gameboy type RPG or platformer with touch buttons, not interested. If it's an infinite runner/bird throwing/jem stacking game, still not interested. But there's at least some creativity here and there.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I'm not surprised there's no mic, I can't even talk to my buddy privately in online MK unless we want to race just the two of us. They did such a great job on Miiverse IMO trying something new, but then handicap every feature that would appeal to adults who don't live on the same street as their friends.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Maybe the screen accordions together like one of those hand fans.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

s.i.r.e. posted:

Where can I watch this full trainwreck?

They just announce the PS4 slim and a PS4 that has some resolution/performance improvements. It's not really a trainwreck, just dull and everything in it had leaked before. Don't bother.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Boten Anna posted:

we aint gettin poo poo on the NX this month. next month isnt looking too good, either. in fact i dont expect jack poo poo until like, january.

If they did it sooner, greedy Sonys would steal their ideases

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Kashuno posted:

I'm playing Faxanadu for the first time it's p good

Yes. Good tunes, stylish graphics, cool game structure.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
If 2d pikmin had been on the SNES first, he'd be whining that Pikmin 3 doesn't return to the true pure form of sidescroll pikmin.

e: only good one is Gaming in the Clinton Years

Electromax
May 6, 2007
MK8, Splatoon.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

What does it mean for the OS to get out of the way?

It means androids with this ringtone:

e: soon you can also shout this to pedestrians as you bike down the sidewalk playing your NX

Electromax fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Sep 12, 2016

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Miyamoto <3

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/775364069779869696

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Rumors getting wackier:
https://twitter.com/GamingBrown/status/775247852968747008/photo/1

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Haha, another Forbes article today titled "This Would Be The Perfect Time For Nintendo To Announce The NX". They must be making bank on feverish Nintendo fans hungry for any morsel of info.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Step 7: live on in the hearts of children forever

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Kashuno posted:

How many days of the same joke can we take before the NX is announced?

They're still gonna sell the XB1 after the NX is announced too though.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Chernabog posted:

tl;dr. Also, I don't speak Japanese.

Basically the NX has no screen so to play it you'll project the image onto the sidewalk or the bus seat or the back of the person in front of you or whatever.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Nintendo is installing power cubes at every McDonald's and DQ as we speak.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
You're meant to capitalize millenials?

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Part of me wonders what would happen if Nintendo just didn't release any info until shortly beforehand, for real. Challenge the modern perception that people need 6-12 months of mental preparation before a product appears in stores.

Not finding a lot of good writing on the subject though.
http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article/new-products-like-the-iphone-announce-early-or-go-for-the-surprise-rollout/ (decade old)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_effect

Electromax
May 6, 2007

oddium posted:

[runs mba over nintendo's stock report like ouija board]

d... e... l...

https://youtu.be/IFUlmEJqgys

Electromax fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Oct 7, 2016

Electromax
May 6, 2007

greatn posted:

In other news gently caress you Michael Pachter

https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/786909686784073728

Just for fairness (this is what I saw when I clicked is twitter, I hate this dude):

https://twitter.com/michaelpachter/status/786973461713346560

That woman carries all data about the NX memorized in her head, and the world will only learn the truth when she finally chooses to break her silence.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

What's wrong with you guys? Burning Love, Stella, Mike and Tom eat Snacks, Michael Ian Black is good.

Heck, Stella alone. But also Wet Hot American Summer.

I know Wain's stuff isn't for everyone though. I wish MIB had been on Children's Hospital.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
This thread gets less amusingly childlish and a lot more Internet Nerd Venomous when actual details are released to argue over whether or not it means Nintendo Is Doomed anyway.

Just keep the children of the world in happy ignorance until the March 1 reveal. Until then knowledge is only a burden.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
That kid needs 5 months to react to the difference between like $250 and $400. Cmon duder.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Stan Taylor posted:

Generally people don't want to spend money on something that is a very very slightly better version of a thing they already have. Some people have money and still choose not to blow it on unnecessary purchases. Hth.

The original post wasn't really that, it was "I know I am spending several hundred dollars regardless but I'm mad you won't tell me if it's 200 or 300 the year before". So your post didn't even h and you shouldn't be H about it!

Electromax
May 6, 2007

zolthorg posted:

Similar to a person called NWplayer who doesn't seem to have ANY git commits i can find for wii u homebrew but she's the "GO 2 SOURCE" for all wii u homebrew information on twitter and social media?

I don't quite follow what one has to do with the other. Many actual journalists don't actually work on the software/hardware they report on (not calling NWplayer one, dunno who that is). You just have to be active crawling the pages of people who do.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I just hope it isn't the 3rd console in a row with a name that causes months of mockery leading up to release.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I hope the first 2.5 minutes are a moment of silence for Iwata.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Polo-Rican posted:

Well that video was... something. Looks pretty cool but I really don't know how you're supposed to control a system using that thing. And I'm not sure how to pronounce the name, haha... could have used a voiceover so people would know how to say it!!

It's pronounced "Minaj ah twah"

Electromax
May 6, 2007
This is the Independence Day Blowing Up the White House of our generation

Electromax
May 6, 2007
NINTENDO SWITCH

Electromax
May 6, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

thanks so much for this its really horrendously embarrassing when consumers fail to prostrate themselves before the legal fictions of their corporate gods

eat poo poo jivjov i've missed your bad thoughts with the wii u thread having closed

You're getting upset that you won't be able to buy a DeDeDe Amiibo in 2032.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
study it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Phimosissy posted:

QUESTION

I noticed that the Amiibo in the trailer had red bases instead of black

Is this already a thing, and what does it mean?

If it's a new thing, what do you think it might mean?

If an Amiibo has done something bad, I mean REALLY bad, the base turns red and you shouldn't use it anymore.

• Locked thread