Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Soul Glo posted:

Macbooks, my dude

And even with those we can still play classic's like Stardew Valley, Starcraft, and others...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Chances that fallout 4 come to it? We've got Skyrim coming so... pretty please?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Added it to cart, cart said empty

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I just want the GameCube classic rouge squadron on my switch please. Also, should I hold off buying Metroid Prime trilogy and super Mario galaxy on my Wii U :(? I haven't played either but will finally have time to play some games for thanksgiving weekend (okay I'll also have Pokémon sun...)

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

You should buy them because 1) they're all good to great games and 2) the Switch isn't coming out for months and odds are any Virtual Console stuff the system has will be bare bones and trickle releases, as is the traditional Nintendo method. Play Metroid Prime asap.

Okay, good advice. I'll do it!

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I have been playing more of my Wii U lately, and all I can say is man does this system have a lot of great games. It's a bummer it wasn't more popular, and I can't wait to pick up a switch.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

bef posted:

Melee!!!

Rouge squadron and the bond games (everything or nothing) and beyond good and evil from that era please.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

thexerox123 posted:

Is this some kind of Sonic/Star Wars crossover?

Edit, goddamn phone posting.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

greatn posted:

All the bond games of that console generation sucked

I remember everything or nothing being really fun. This may have been me being like 15 though. Unsure about that.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

bef posted:

I'd kill :black101: for a rogue squadron trilogy pack

Right?! What are the chances that happens though ? :ohdear:

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I'm a writer. I have a home office where I do most of my work, but when I'm sick of being in my apartment for too long there is a dope local coffee shop about a mile from my place I like to go to. The idea that I can walk to the coffee shop on a warm spring day, write on my iPad for five hours, and then take an epic lunch break with my Switch playing Zelda has me SO PUMPED.

This is coming from a guy who sold his PS4 last month to his buddy because aside from FPS's, I just wasn't playing it, and I was sick of hearing all the trash-talking online. Comparing that to my WII U and my N3DS, where I have so many games I want to play and still haven't, (I only just got the WII U this summer and wish that thread was still open) and reminds me of the pure joy of what it was like to play games when I was a kid.

I will not be carrying the Switch in my cargo pants either. I'll have a nice backpack for that.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

mycot posted:

I don't think people like the Metroid 2 remake guy do it for attention tbh. I think he just honestly wanted a less assy version of Metroid 2 to be available.

And as some one who just found it last night (on my Mac no less) I thank him. Am2r is amazing, and Nintendo is now going to get more money from me. Playing that game made me want to replay fusion and zero mission, so I'll go buy them from the Eshop for my Wii U.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

Speaking of which, I just completed my first playthrough of it:

Truly makes the original game obsolete in every regard. Nintendo should have cut DoctorM64 a check.

I'd happily pay $10 to buy it on the Switch. Same with Fusion and Zero Mission.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Soul Glo posted:

It sounds like you want a N3DSXL

I mean, besides Pikmin

Also a great system. I have a N3DS and a Wii U, and I was always planning on getting BOTW for the Switch. This does make me motived to go grab Twilight princess HD in a store like Right Now though.

In related news, Mario Run owns.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

youcallthatatwist posted:

The problem with the wii u's lineup wasn't a lack of good games - it was a lack of variety. Almost all of the best games for wii u were platformers and/or local-multiplayer-focused games. These are two genres that Nintendo does extremely well, but they aren't enough to sustain a console. I like story-driven singleplayer stuff, and pikmin was the closest i got for a looong time - wii u will be the only nintendo system in history not to have an exclusive zelda game, and the one it's getting is basically being released as an afterthought, months after the thing ends production.

There were definitely exceptions to this, like Splatoon and #FE, but they both came too late to make an impact on hardware sales.

I just got a Wii U this summer. I'm having a great time ordering games right now cheap that I haven't played. I grabbed splinter cell today for $14 bucks. Yes, I will be getting a Switch too, but I really like the system. There seems like there are third party gems if you look.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I have so many games to play on my 3DS and Wii U that I honestly may not pick up a switch till a year from now simply because I want to get through my back catalogue. I've got every Metroid game I care about, every Zelda game I want to play, Mario games, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Splinter Cell Blacklist (for Wii U) and I'm going to grab Wooly World and Toad Tracker post Christmas. As someone who's running a company and works 60-80 hours a week, that's enough games to last me a year.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

greatn posted:

I'm going to go ahead and wager that Seasons of Heaven will never come out for any system

Which is too bad, because if it wasn't a glitch fetch I'd be down to play it

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Brother got a nes classic for Christmas and it's awesome. I'm happier with my Wii U and all of the great games, but what I really want now is a SNES classic and what I REALLY want is an N64 classic, basically for Jet Force Gemini. Why can't that game be available on the Wii U?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

tap my mountain posted:

Probably cause it's in the Rare Replay bundle, with almost sane controls too.

Well that makes me consider getting an Xbone for the first time

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

s.i.r.e. posted:

There's a good goon LP of it, it'd probably be the better way of doing it just for the added commentary. The game still plays well but somethings feel really dated like the combat. Worth picking up if you find it cheap enough.

You got a link?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Soul Glo posted:

lol at anything on the N64 being worth playing, imo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

How about jet force Gemini, goldeneye, pod racing, Perfect Dark, just to name a few.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

deadwing posted:

Guys I don't think I'll have enough time to finish all my Wii U games before the Switch comes out

I thought this thing had no games but it actually has too many!!

I'm in the same boat. I still haven't finished Pokemon Sun, let alone the Zelda remakes, the M Prime trilogy, Skyward Sword, or Splinter Cell.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

glassyalabolas posted:

I've never had Amazon's email notification system work for anything.

Ditto. I'm going to try that wishlist idea earlier in the thread though. I really don't want to leave my Apartment to pre-order

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I'm so pumped. Wtf is this music? It's like the kind of thing I write to.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

COUNTDOWN!

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

pnumoman posted:

Funky fresh beats and a stoic, business attire clad audience. Love it already.

Yep

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Guys, I may not pre order this. :(

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Tatsuta Age posted:

lord jesus why would they shoot themselves in the foot like this

I know I'll get a switch, but because of this, and the fact I have a Wii U and Amazon gift cards worth about $65 lying around, there's no way I'm getting a switch before winter.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I'm curious how bad the Wii U version of breath of the wild will be.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Just pre ordered Zelda special addition for the Wii U on Amazon, even though the picture shows the Switch stuff. Curious when that will update.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Kashuno posted:

Between my PC and Switch what games would I miss?

Red dead?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Does anyone have video comparisons to breath of the wild on Wii U vs Switch? Also I can't find a drat link to the Wii U version on Amazon.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Looper posted:

Good news! The Wii U has some of the best games ever and is also super easy to get homebrew on so you can use it as a one-stop shop for almost all your Nintendo needs

How easy to get homebrew on? Like its pretty easy to get GameCube games on it? I'm thinking of the Rouge Squad games.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Ugh I almost just orders a master addition but know I'm just going to flip it. I can't justify that I don't think. I have a special addition pre ordered already and now know it's for the Switch instead of the Wii U. If I keep that version I wonder if it will go for more by release day?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Modus Pwnens posted:

Agree to disagree, I guess. I haven't played everything out there, but the last modern shooter that really grabbed me was Bad Company 2, and that's been a while.

Seriously though. The best modern shooter this year as far as I'm concerned is MWR. So a seven year old game with better graphics lol. Everything else is a twitch shooting fest. It's one of the main reasons I sold my PS4 (to one of my best friends so when good games do rear their heads... looking at you Red Dead 2, I can still play those) and just have a Wii U and 3ds. I wanted to feel justified buying a switch, but there's no reason for me to till the fall.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

I think I may sell my PS4 after Persona 5 too. I was thinking of keeping it for fighting games, but PC is getting fighting games as well. The ports tend to be pretty good too with the same timing so I don't drop my combos.

To be fair No More Heroes without motion controls is a sin.

Red dead. Don't forget about red freaking dead.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

My issue with the Switch is that it has so much potential. You give us VC GameCube games, let us port over our vc GBA games we bought on the Wii U, sold. You can even charge us $.99 per game we want to transfer, and I'd do it.

As it stands, they've pitched me a wait and see around Christmas. The Wii U version of BOTW looks like it's slightly less pretty, but still looks dope as hell. Thanks to this thread, I'm considering home-brew on my current system to play all those GameCube games I was happy to rebuy digitally. If they had pitched GameCube games Coming this summer, (rouge Squadron trilogy, bond games, beyond good and evil) I would have dropped $500 Friday night. As it stands, I dropped nothing but a gift card to buy BOTW on Wii U

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

Because they often look like poo poo on the old consoles, N64 especially.

And it would require owning a second tv or a bunch of cables and poo poo. I'd love to have one N system, that runs more or less everything. Old stuff being digital would be dope. I also plan on having two places I'll be living in different states in the next year and a half to two years, and I'll be flying between them. It would be great to have one Switch and two base stations, and basically all the games anytime I want.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

greatn posted:

What good bond games existed in the GameCube era? Do you mean like the Timesplitters games that were made by Goldeneye devs?

I really had a weak spot for everything or nothing, and there was another one too. But now that you mention it, time splitters and the first two red factions would also be dope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

the 3ds has 2 amazing libraries and you should probably keep it forever hth

Truth. I have a New 3ds, a 2ds, and honestly I'm likely to pick up a new 3ds XL (Galaxy addition) because there are still
So many games for it I need to play. I have I think 10 games for it in just my back log.

• Locked thread