Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I preordered the switch because yeah, there's some bad stuff, but I also totally skipped the wii u so it'll be cool to be playing nintendo games again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

SelenicMartian posted:

From Software should make an Armored Core for the Switch just because I'd love to see how they'll gently caress up the control scheme people get angry that they didn't release a Souls game on the Switch.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

I played the Overwatch free trial and wasn't too impressed by it.

It's literally just Team Fortress 2 with less mobility and meter management.

I'm surprised that it has garnered such a following.

It really isn't, but it's cool if you didn't like it.

I look forward to playing Splatoon and Mario Kart 8 as yet another person who didn't get a wii u.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

zolthorg posted:

yes but doctor what is an idiot
the game was also shown in the reveal with english subs and japanese audio betraying that it somehow exiss in some form wih that? I would have imported the japanese game in 10 seconds if it had english text and japanese audio, that's supposed to be the whole advantage to having a region free console.

Pretty sure the advantage of being region free is being able to import my anime titty games without having to buy another console.

Also Taiko no Tatsujin.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

koolkal posted:

I am a man who dislikes VideoGames

I think they're a pretty decent mod.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lol

Yeah have fun playing spandex kid goo fest with everyone on their lovely wireless routers. After you pay money for the privilege of course.

I imagine it's less lovely routers and more everyone going to trendy roof parties living in apartments, resulting in there being 6 routers within range of each other and competing to communicate on the same radio band.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

fat bossy gerbil posted:

Why do people like Smash

fat bossy gerbil posted:

offering Nintendo dorks the chance to battle their favorite characters together.

Also they're fighting games with a low barrier to entry, so they're great for groups of people to play regardless of prior experience with the genre.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Fighting game players are more messed up in the head than eve players, confirm/deny?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Phimosissy posted:

Mario isn't a platformer.

No, he's an Italian plumber who eats shrooms and steps on turtles.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Overwatch is a really good fighting game

You can punch people in it, so this checks out.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

All good things come to an end.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

My favorite part of that commercial is that we're supposed to want to be the people playing video games in a lecture hall or cafe with the volume cranked up.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

thats what headsets are for

I usually have my phone wherever I go. I do not bring a headset wherever I go.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

you don't have earphones with inline mic for your phone? lol are you the guy that listens to his own rap tracks on the subway at 7 am full volume?

I do, but they're bluetooth and I have no idea whether the switch will support bluetooth headsets even if it has the capability to do so, like the PS4. I'm also not trying to defend nintendo's decision, just offer an explanation.

Poops Mcgoots fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Feb 2, 2017

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Waggle is all well and good but it shouldn't be the primary way that you interact with the world imo

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Zore posted:

You sound like those crazy people who flipped their poo poo when control sticks were required over D-Pads.

Control schemes should always be experimented with. There is always cool new poo poo to figure out and fossilizing around something because it was the best we could do twenty yeara ago is myopic. Sometimes it won't work and sometimes it will.

Thanks for comparing me to someone losing their poo poo when all I did was express an opinion. And yeah, experimenting with controls is good, like how nintendo has been experimenting with waggle controls for 11 years now, and the result of that was skyward sword which I personally did not enjoy. I'm preordering the Switch cause I'm excited by what I've seen, motion controls included. But the biggest issue I have is when the motion controls are used for precise actions but it's never quite as precise as I'd like. I'm totally okay with using the wiimote as like a pointer such as in prime 3 and using it for imprecise stuff, like when it's just vigorous shaking like in no more heroes.

Maybe there were examples of better motion controls on the Wii U, but I skipped that console so I wouldn't know.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I'm glad that Imagine Dragons is still around to make sure we have lots of trailer music.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

What does everyone want to argue about now? How about how SM64 is actually trash? That should get people riled up on both sides.

Federation Force: best Metroid game or best 3ds game?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Gosh, I am so excited to play the new Switch and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild by Nintendo.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Nothing ironic about it, friendo.
I haven't been this excited for a video game thing since the GameCube.

I only wish the switch came in purple and had a handle.

I'm only half joking here.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Is that warioware literally just bop it?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

That guy that reviews cheap poo poo on his brown couch.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Are there any successful video game webcomics outside of Penny Arcade anymore? I checked CAD after seeing VGCats mentioned and that site's forum is a loving ghost town now lmao

Manly Guys Doing Manly Things is the only video game webcomic that seems worthwhile imo. Even then, I think the author just does it for fun since I think she works (worked?) on Steven Universe.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Jimmy Hats posted:

Clothing items that I would like in Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: DLC Pack 4: Summer Heat

A Tapout shirt
An SA grenade shirt
A Three Wolf Moon shirt
A Mega Milk shirt
An 'It's Dangerous to Go Alone' shirt
A chain-linked skort
MAGA cap
BLM (Bokoblin Lives Matter) shirt

You're forgetting the kawaii Zelda shirt that makes an uguu sound with every footstep.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

PerrineClostermann posted:

Link goes to Hyrule Academy, where he finds himself surrounded by beautiful and quirky high schoolers!

The twist is that he's one of the love interests of Princess Zelda, and the entire DLC is about making her work for your affection by spending stamina daily and building her stats.

Yeah, I'd still play that.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kxG_jqv-V0

This was uploaded recently on the Japanese Nintendo channel.

That handheld framerate looks REALLY rough.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Is Snipperclips a download only?
I don't see any box versions.

I think so, yeah

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I don't see any games pictured, so I'm gonna assume this guy only has the console itself.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Better question.

Who is going to buy a gooseneck mount and play their switch in bed in the most hedonistic, lazy manner possible?

Unironically considered this but I wasn't sure which mounts would fit the switch, so that plan is put on hold.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Yeah, I kind of pictured the shrines as being like the puzzle tombs in the tomb raider reboots.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I look forward to playing BotW on the new Nintendo Switch!

But what I'm really excited for is Taiko no tatsujin and disgaea 5 since they're indicative of the Switch carrying on the vita's legacy as a dope portable for weirder Japanese games and imports.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

That thing you like is anime. You like anime.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

*Sits in padded room, rocking back and forth*

"I don't like anime, I don't like anime, I don't like anime!"

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I guess it comes down to how flexible the cable is at the point where it enters the plug itself.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I wish I cared about anything as much as you care about the nintendo switch, Utnayan.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I happily supported my Vita despite that thing being dead on arrival and I plan on doing the same with my new Nintendo Switch on the 3rd.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

You should probably sleep more. Get it all out of the way now so that you don't have to sleep anymore when the Switch comes out!

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

This thread better get loving locked in about 3 pages or imma be heated.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

The only important thing from my preorder list is my gooseneck tablet mount.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Hammer Bro. posted:

I can't tell if people are joking about the gooseneck mounts, but I legitimately want one of those.

Is there any consensus as to what's good/not, or is the prevailing wisdom to wait until the thing comes out and reviews for whatever's compatible roll in?

Allow me to put an end to your wondering:

No idea how good this one is or if it's so short it'll result in me literally having the switch rest on my face, but I can report back in a week if people want me to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Sorry about that!

drat you for getting my hopes up that the thread would be closed just before page 1000.

• Locked thread