Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
so is hawkgirl going to be in the justice league? was she in this movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
Wow I didn't expect the civil war reviews to be 100% after a dozen or so reviews. I wonder what BvS was at the same time after its release.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Trast posted:

Marvel still hasn't considered making a solo movie when fuckin' Ant-Man is getting a sequel.

Ant-man was actually good

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BMhOBzXzg4

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Pvt.Scott posted:

Harry Potter with young superheroes. Jubilee was my favorite X-Man on the cartoon because she wasn't an overpowered rear end in a top hat. She actually needed to be part of a team, you know?

Yeah not having really read comics much before, I always wondered what exactly stops people like Cyclops from just soloing everything. All he has to do is look at things and they explode. I prefer the less powerful characters too because their conflicts actually seem credible.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
ok but all of this makes it sounds like there are all of about 2 problems he can't just immediately solve. Anything not involving his brother or ruby is going to get looked-at to death

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
just to contrast the dour shittiness of BvS with what Marvel does, here is something that apparently happens during the airport fight sequence in Civil War (major spoilers ahead!):

apparently ant-man reverses the power of his suit or something and becomes gigantic and starts throwing airplanes around

Ghost Head fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Apr 20, 2016

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Me too, but several decades of comics where he does the same thing should have also clued me in
I'm starting to regret posting this since people who have been long time comic fans might not be able to stop themselves from looking at the spoilers and then ruining the moment when they see the film. should i take it out?

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Too late, you got quoted several times!

Oh yeah I forgot it worked that way.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Young Freud posted:

I don't know. I would have been genuinely be surprised by it if it happened in the movie, but (spoilering it for discussion of a spoiler) it's happened in the comic decades before and it's like Hank Pym's other two giant-sized alter-egos after Ant-Man. It was bound to happen.

but surely for comic readers, it's a spoiler to tell them that things happen in the MCU that they have enjoyed reading in the comics in the past.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
I just saw Civil War and my review of it is basically that picture of chris evans laughing with his hand on sad ben afflecks' shoulder. Really great movie. Black panther was cool but they didn't really explain why he was able to do some of the poo poo he can do. I know he has a vibranium suit but he seems to be able to run as fast as bucky on top of having super strength too. he's definitely on something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Say Nothing posted:

He uses a mystical heart-shaped herb, so yes drugs.

Oh I see. I guess I can see why they didn't include it. It would have just been another thing to explain in an already long film.

• Locked thread