Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

CharlestonJew posted:

does batman really kill people in this movie

he does also brands them with the bat symbol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it owns how incredibly bad this movie is cuz i knew it was gonna be bad but i thought it'd be like middling to bad like man of steel so peeps with bad taste could still defend it but nah it exceeded my wildest dreams.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they shoulda had it be gina carano but she was already in dadpool

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

legit feel bad for Gal Godot because the last actress to play Wonder Woman was Lynda Carter and she looks like an actual comic book character

watching this show when i was younger is how i turned into a man.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

etalian posted:

The bad guy in Guardians of the Galaxy was hypnotized by amazing dance choreography

and it ruled.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

quote:

Batman vs. Superman is where you go when you admit to yourself that you’ve exhausted all possibilities... It’s somewhat of an admission that the franchise is on its last gasp.

- david goyer, 2005

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

when i was walking out of man of steel i was thinking man superman returns looks amazing in comparison.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i like when people go why you so mad they kill it's realistic. it's because killing is the coward's way out. i'm watching a space god with laudable morals fly around in blue and red tights (which they made even stupider btw) i don't need realism i wanna watch a hero be good and do good.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

hseroK divaD posted:

I liked Watchmen, is that wrong?

likei said before the dr manhattan origin story ruled but he also cut out the best dr manhattan part.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zzulu posted:

Probably the best superman movie

(there are no good superman movies)

lmao there's three betters ones and two of those three are actually good.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Man of Steel did what a Superman movie needed to do, basically, and I enjoyed it.

lol

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

bow before zod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFyHTU8tg_0

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

so what was lex's plan after doomsday killed all the heroes it's a nearly unstoppable rage monster. wouldn't it have made more sense for him to recreate zod into bizarro and use that to frame superman for poo poo and then he'd have something under his control.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he makes bizarro, frames supes, batman gets pissed and goes after superguy, then they fight but they realize it was all a misunderstanding and lex and bizarro are the threat and they go after them. maybe even get bizarro to look into his heart and turn good so it's not all about killing bad peeps. it's so simple.

i'm sure this happened in a comic book at some point.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Marketing New Brain posted:

Good, but will never top Prometheus for all time most embarrassing cined thread.

star wars prequel thread

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the problem is the kents' (attempted) murder is already in watchmen. so he already did that.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

so the cartoon show was smarte rand more logical than the 250 million dollar film.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Say Nothing posted:

The hero we need.

i remembe rwhen i found out one punch man was a webcomic originally. and then i looked it up and literally anybody in this thread could draw better than that guy. he is now rich as gently caress. gently caress the world

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Otisburg posted:

i can't believe they circumcized mister manhattans dick. i wanted that big uncut turtleneck, like in the comics

he was an american so the comic was inaccurate.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Neurosis posted:

i would also like a movie to run with grant morrison's all star superman interpretation of lex luthor where he pushes himself to peak human physically and mentally to be the best he can be and resents superman for trivialising all the things a normal person can achieve without trying and holding humanity back by being a big paternal figure solving our big crises for us. That is a cool and understandable lex, even if he is still a sociopath.

also i am a nerd who will never be loved by anyone but my mum

when he finally sees how superman sees the world is one of the better comic pages. too bad these new movies don't have that superman :)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

does superman stopping the jumper come from that comic? cuz that's probably the single best superman moment ever.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

friend linked me this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDMQ3tXNKgM

this guy actually understand superman:

"a dude from kansas doing the right thing"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

asia keeps awful movies afloat.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the worst thing i can say about man of steel is it makes superman returns look amazing because at least superman returns had a couple scenes where i felt like i was watching superman.

again it's like that fleischer retrospective i linked earlier said - the story surrounding superman can be complex but the strength of the character is how straightforward he is "a guy from kansas doing the right thing". people who think man of steel made him more humanized or realistic have a pretty lovely view of humanity since the big blue boy scout is a rejection of the idea that power corrupts and that being raised by good people can produce a good person no matter their circumstances of birth. superman is possibly the most human of all the superheroes.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

awesome scenes in returns where i felt like i was watching a superman movie:

shot in the eye

saving the shuttle

flying up into space and listening to the world

pulling the boat out of the ocean

getting all juiced up on mother sun and throwing the kryptonite island out into space

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

FizFashizzle posted:

Honestly I'll take MoS over Returns any day of the week.

Say what you want about accurate comic book movie portrayals, a movie has to be slightly more interesting than watching flies gently caress before we get into comparative analysis.

man of steel is more boring and also lacks any scenes comparable to the ones i listed. like i said the worst insult to man of steel is it makes returns look good.

the john williams superman theme is so good because you definitely feel like yeah gently caress yeah this is superman. the snyder poo poo doesn't evoke that same feeling.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Mar 28, 2016

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Uncle Wemus posted:

Man of steel and prometheus are both good movies nerds are just dumber than poo poo

the nerds are the ones who love man of steel lmao

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i think that's what lumpy was getting at.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

and lots of hgh.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how is is it so difficult to write a competent script.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Otisburg posted:

still angry about that foreskin, but tbh i'm impressed they let him hang dong at all

i actually do consider it an important plot point that he hangs dong, because it show's hes disconnected from human mores and ideas about modesty and comfort
:goonsay:

he's american why would he have one.

also that's literally the reason he's nude.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Frankenstyle posted:

Well, history kinda supports me on those points.

the two best superman movies have him as a boy scout and they're two of the best superhero movies so you're kinda dumb as poo poo i think.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zzulu posted:

counter argument: all the spuperpman movies are really bad and cheesy and bad

a counter argument doesn't work if it's wrong...jeez get a load of THIS guy.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

there is a god.

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Will MoS/BvS/[possible JL movie if it's even made I guess?] hold the same weight of failure as the Star Wars Prequels in the minds of people?

the problem is there were three good star wars movies before the prequels. the only good dc movies were the nolan ones.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Apr 2, 2016

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i don't think those were offish dc flicks were they? superman 2 is a top 5 superhero movie.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

just lmao

http://kotaku.com/batman-v-superman-isnt-like-other-superhero-films-and-1768676827

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Just gonna post my favorite Kevin Smith pic

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why is this man wealthy?

i think the funniest thing is how he and his wife got together. she was a reporter for usa today or something and went to his place to interview him. then they just started making out. i mean she's no stunner but she could do a lot better than that.

Young Freud posted:

I know Devin Faraci gets a lot of poo poo here, but he posted an article on how the original comic and the 1978 Christopher Reeve Superman was born to reflect the anxieties of their time and assuage them with a superhero that could overcome them and how Snyder kinda killed Superman for this generation with his renditions of a Supes that is overwhelmed by the zeitgeist. Anyway, he included this quote that Synder said during the press tour:

it's great how the article brings up that superman was created in literally the worst point in human history but was a shining light in the darkness. there's literally no other time you could be more cynical than the great depression followed by ww2.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Apr 3, 2016

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they just give me a migraine cuz you should have at least some semblance of taste in the medium you post about.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's not that the movie costs 800 million it's that the studio doesn't get all the money from a movie (and they actually get less each successive week).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sylink posted:

I find the marvel movies don't take any risks which is why I have become tired of them. At least BvS is different in a way, as was MoS.

people who use this argument are retarded.

• Locked thread