Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Regardless of who it is, it's going to be disappointing no matter what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

IT'S PIKACHU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Bring back Green Lantern Frankenstein.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Trast posted:

I was surprised that it took this long to have a woman from earth be a lantern, even if she has to be from the literal criminal dimension.

Isn't Jade from Earth?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Is there somewhere we can talk about Rebirth or do we need to wait?

Because I'm staring at this spoiler and I don't even know what to think.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

X-O posted:

People's heads are going to explode. Both in good and bad ways.

I'm a huge DC apologist and even I can't see the 'good ways' in this.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

:swoon:

This might be my favorite Starfire costume ever.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

DrProsek posted:

I'll try but don't know how long they'll stay;

Batgirl
Batman Beyond
Blue Beetle
Red Hood & The Outlaws (I'm morbidly curious!)
New Superman
Titans (I have terrible pattern recognition!)
Teen Titans (I have nostalgia and more money than sense!)
Suicide Squad
Superwoman

Don't try Batman Beyond. Batman Beyond comics are almost always terrible.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

I forget, does 'Tec always outsell Batman or is it that Action outdoes Superman?

Also, for gently caress's sake, DC, if you actually want to pretend like the Trinity all matter equally, launch a print Sensation Comics.

They had that recently. It wasn't in continuity, but it was still pretty good. Wonder Woman short stories done by a variety of writers and artists.

The sad thing is though is that Wonder Woman really DOESN'T matter anymore, though she should. Hopefully Rucka can help on that but until DC decides 'hey we want Wonder Woman to ACTUALLY BE IMPORTANT' she's really not going to be.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Lark is fine. I don't see what the issue with it is.

I agree that yellow is an awful color though.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Toxxupation posted:

Spoiler is a hero that just doesn't work. She seems to have no direction or distinguishing features, down to her costume being a ninja outfit with a hood and her totally nonsensical name. She's ostensibly a part of the Bat-Family but often gets called up to help behind people like Black Canary or Huntress. As aforementioned Bluebird was recently introduced and already a more compelling character then Spoiler.

What's so nonsensical about her name? :psyduck:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

greatn posted:

I don't know what isn't to like. He's a black cyborg Megaman who can control machines.

If he beat up gimmicky evil robots and stole their powers for his own use, I would be much more interested in Cyborg.

Also give him the robot dog while we're at it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Wasn't one of the reasons that Cyborg was added into the Justice League because Dwayne McDuffie was a fan of his, and they did it in his memory?

I remember reading that somewhere before, but now that I'm looking into it, I can't find a source on it...

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Travis343 posted:

Oh it's not a good movie. I watched it because I could not ignore the fact that Batwoman was in it. I got Alfred kickboxing a guy and then they blew Mad Hatter's head off (literally with like a bomb of some kind). And Batwoman was all "gently caress YOU I use GUNS" and the whole thing is pretty dump.

That movie's portrayal of Batwoman left me honestly pissed off. What an awful was of time that was.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Semper Fudge posted:

There were a more than a few really good New 52 books, even at launch. I will maintain this until my dying breath.

I'm in total agreement. The New 52 may have been a hot mess, but there were a lot of really, really good books during the last five years.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

I hate to even consider saying this, but I'm getting a big kick out of RHatO's Artemis. I actually think this snarky schtick is working better for her than a lot of her prior interpretations.

Now how will they gently caress this up? STAY TUNED

I almost hesitate to ask, but how is that book? I mean, it's a Red Hood book, so I'm obviously wary, but the idea of those three characters together is interesting to me.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Roth posted:

Post the DC characters you love no matter what.

Me:

Raven, Beast Boy, Starfire, Guy Gardner, Rose Wilson

Power Girl, Saint Walker, Kate Kane, the Riddler, Wonder Woman.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

All this talk of Morrison and no one mentions All-Star Superman?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

AS Superman was confusing as all hell when I read that a couple years back. I bet if I retried it I would enjoy it more, but I found it real offputting.

Confusing? In what way?

I've heard AS Supes called a lot of things, but confusing is a new one.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

What happened?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Yeah that's a bit too much. :stare:

Which creative team had this issue?

(I haven't been reading it monthly, I decided to wait for the trade, but I may end up skipping that too now. Yeesh.)

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

DC's been killing it with their crossovers these past few years. I'm looking forward to this one.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I just want the Joker to be funny again.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Animated Joker really is the best take on the character, isn't he?

What's the closest version of the Joker in the comics to the animated Joker? Aside from the TAS tie-in comics, of course.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Edge & Christian posted:

Anyway, DC is doing pretty well right now, at least if you're a Batman book. DC's top selling books in July were:

1. Dark Days the Casting
2. Batman
3. Batman
4. All-Star Batman
5. Detective Comics
6. Detective Comics
7. Flash
8. Flash
9. Justice League
10. Justice League

I'm kind of surprised to see Flash and Justice League outselling Harley Quinn. Is that not a huge seller for them anymore? I thought her book was selling fairly high?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

DC To Receive LGBT Visionary Award For 'A Commitment to Showcasing Diverse Storylines'

This is neat.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Inkspot posted:

Action Comics!

Detective Comics!

Sen...sation... Comics...?

The recent Sensation run was a lot of fun and had some great one-shot stories in it. I wish they'd bring it back. :sigh:

Space Fish posted:

Curious if Sensation Comics, Wonder Woman Earth One, Legend of Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman: The True Amazon, and Odyssey of the Amazons sold strongly enough to keep additional Wonder Woman titles going.

There was Wonder Woman '77 recently, too, which was at least popular enough to cross over with Batman '66 and the Bionicle Woman.

Was WW '77 any good? I never got around to checking it out.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

vegetables posted:

Thanks to this thread I was trying to think of ways to make Cyborg interesting. I came up with "He fights a neural network that generates names for supervillains, then makes those supervillains real," and now I want to read that very badly indeed

1) Stop with the 'oh woe is me I'm a robot and not a human' angst (I'm assuming he's still doing that because that's all he's ever done).
2) Give him an upgrade that lets him shift to a more human looking form.
3) Have him realize how rad it is to have crazy robot powers.
4) Basically make him more like his Teen Titans Go character.

There. Fixed. :colbert:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

nofather posted:

Batman is, at least, part of the DC universe, even involved in the namesake and one of its oldest characters.

Has Star Wars even had a crossover with Marvel?

A Guardians of the Galaxy/Star Wars crossover seems like the most obvious thing in the world to me.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Lightning Lord posted:

Whatever happened to that other Terra, Power Girl's friend?

She last showed up as a major character in the Starfire book from a couple years back. Her and Starfire teamed up and had some adventures, then the series ended.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I'm going to dread asking I think, but what the hell is a 'stan'?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Roth posted:

I laughed pretty hard at Terrifics' cover gimmick because I forgot that was going to be a thing.

Maybe it's because it's like 6 AM and I'm tired as gently caress but I'm not seeing it. What's the gimmick here?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Oh poo poo.

That's kind of rad.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/04/17/breaking-news-spielberg-enters-the-world-of-dc-with-blackhawk?sf187206137=1

Wait what. This came out of nowhere. :stare:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Deathstroke is pretty lame and I love that the new trailer for the Teen Titans Go movie takes the piss out of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4BzlmCbKEk

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Doctor Spaceman posted:

There are further rumours / comments that something else happens at the end that the NYTimes doesn't mention, but I don't know what it actually is.

According to Kieran Shiach's twitter, the wedding is the least interesting part of that issue and the last page sets up the next fifty issues of Batman in a big way.

I'm pretty rustled at the wedding not actually happening, but I'm curious as to what exactly that second bit is.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

If anyone finds it hard to believe that Identity Crisis has defenders/fans, come to North Carolina and we’ll do a circuit of my local shops. You can see the madness firsthand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Random question that popped into my head after watching Aquaman and listening to the Journey into Misery episode on Aquaman’s history:

Has there ever been a story/stories set in pre-fall Atlantis, before the kingdom sank below the sea? Seems to me that ancient Atlantis could be a fun setting for storytelling.