Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

I'd like someone to read the Shaw Manhunter series and tell me if it's any good, or if I have warped memories because I thought the character looked super cool and decided his comics must be cool and good qed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Jack of Hearts posted:

I can't wait for CoIE III in 2019.

I'm more excited for CoIE V in late 2019.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Wheat Loaf posted:

Crisis Times Five was a great story. It's the one where the JLA teams up with the JSA and Captain Marvel to fight five-dimensional reality-warping imps (and also Superboy-Prime the Sentry Miracleman Triumph).

As far as Grant Morrison JLA stories go, I like it better than Rock of Ages or World War III.

I still think that the Wisdom of Solomon should have made Captain Marvel especially helpful in containing rogue genies. :colbert:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

The big one in that article? That's Bengal's variant. I meant this one.

That and the spread where she's flying were shown before and it just looked a bit much with the massive doll eyes.

Feels like the penciller and the colorist aren't on the same page re: perspective on those faces. The shading is all wrong to my eyes and makes the facial features look out of whack.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Super loving rad visual note with the ace of hearts only popping up in the good night kisses panel.

e: And the cape billowing around to look like his family is wearing it.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Think of all those iconic moments of heterosexual romance this retcons! To think, someone would have the temerity to twist so sacred a figure as Snagglepuss, peace be upon him, to the craven purposes of cultural commentary...!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

purple death ray posted:

I'm not really a huge fan of Poison Ivy having a set "look". I think she's got enough variety she can pull off just let every artist design a new plant getup for her every story you do with Poison Ivy. It's not like you're going to see a redhead in slightly different plant-based lingerie and not immediately think "Oh hey its Poison Ivy" because who the gently caress else would it even be.

Whatever Woodrue does when he ain't criming isn't for anyone else to judge.

Also Rose Canton. :c00lbutt:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Still, the weak link on this issue was the art. Is hard enough to fill Soy's shoes and while Colak does a good job for the most part (in particular with the closing page), it looks, I don't know, sketchy? rushed? Certainly not at the same quality of his other works. Particularly noticeable are his faces

I mean, those two don't look even a little like Jason and Artemis.

Looks to me like the inker isn't doing their job and the colorist is doing a lot to make up for it.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

X-O posted:

Your gimmick is old. Stop posting here.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Priest is a Wolfman student and will break his own back

I'm still a couple months behind in the thread, but let me pop forward to say that this sounds very Midnight Sons.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Rhyno did you punch Berganza? Please yes.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

I like Penguin better reformed, because he realized he could make way more money by selling watered down drinks at the Iceberg Lounge than he ever did illegally, and he only still keeps his ear to the ground because he knows that what draws the tourists and hipsters is the chance that tonight, Batman is going to come crashing through the skylight and start yelling. That's a lot of fun to me and nobody else can fill that niche.

A lot of Batman villains work better as corrupt, but still not openly criminal, antagonists/semi-allies. Riddler as a private eye, Penguin as an Entirely Legitimate Businessman, Catwoman as—uh, as most of post-'90s Catwoman, I guess...? Has Hugo Strange ever had an extended stint as a doctor who doesn't ask questions and takes cash-paying patients at any time of night? It might work Ok.

Having a bunch of crime-adjacent types around helps build out a pulpy crime fiction underworld, imo.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Diane Nelson has stepped down as DC Entertainment president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Jiro posted:

So is that a good thing for the comics and movies?

It is entirely neutral until we learn who her successor is.