Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Red hood embracing it's homoerotism is actually nice.

Plus a book acknowledging it's wasted your time is also weirdly nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah people defended that by calling it accurate to the source with no hint of irony.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

SonicRulez posted:

Say it's bad for reasons that actually matter. Not because it wasn't Heart of Ice. Don't be a baby.

He gave a reason, explain why it's bad instead of trying to be that guy

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Lobell has no loving idea what he wants Red Hood to be either so.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I do not think DC gives enough of a poo poo to meddle with Red Hood DT.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That would also be dumb and kind of weird yeah.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Either way it will last four issues so why care at all

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

One is a lot more interesting than the other.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The day that Johns grew an up fathomable hatred for Wally West.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

SonicRulez posted:

That doesn't stop them from churning out Watchmen stuff ad nauseum in spite of Moore.

Alan Moore doesn't attack DC in particular and generally only when he is asked.

Waid is just a colossal douche.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Nothing will stop them. I bet the only person who can defeat the Watchmen is V.

We already have a V stand in, the red hood.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I like how he seems to think making great WW comics is somehow accomplished through variant covers.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Die Laughing posted:

Rucka sounds like a dick for getting all pissy about some gorgeous variant covers. He must have gotten DC by the balls when they wanted him back for another go at Wonder Woman.

It was Ruckas book, they gave him control and he didn't want some Mediocre covers ruining that. It happens all the time but Cho is a giant baby so.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

:shrug: Shame you didn't liked but the book has had and overwhelmingly positive response everywhere else.

I sincerely doubt anyone but you (and us to a degree) gives enough of a poo poo to form an opinion one way or another.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I read a half dozen reviews and it feels like none of those people actually saw the film.

Does it still have the twenty minute boring exposition dump at the beginning and a plot that might as well not exist?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I thought we had a thread for this poo poo.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Even that happened for like two issues. There was a lot of promise with the concept but it never amounted to much as superbro was just regular superman stories but a bit younger, I guess?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

goldenoreos posted:

Greg Pak's DCYou run doesn't exist?

Not as people perceive it apparently.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

How was his animal man, I know people thought the rot stuff dragged him down but still.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Guys guys, no one cares about either.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

A lot of writers (especially comic writers) seem to think that marriage or even a long-term stable relationship is the Good Ending and once you hit it all interesting things die and it's kind of sad and depressing.

Well it's also because it's easy to write boilerplate romance. You can hit the same basic plot points but because one of the characters is different it technically isn't rehashing. It's a lazy writer goldmine.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Roth posted:

Yeah, I also liked how Red Son (from what I remember at least), also showed him to ultimately be a good person with some misguided views.

Much better than what Injustice did with the concept.

Red Son actually taught that foreigners are the ultimate evil.

Also democracy, Communism, suck while Absolute Monarchy rules.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Roth posted:

I'd have to reread it to either agree or disagree with you first.

It beats you over the head with the idea that Superman can't rule because he can't relate. The twist ending kind of undermines that but Red Son is not well written so eh.

Also America literally collapses and is then fixed and even made better when Luthor assumes sole command.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Onmi posted:

Like... half off classic mythological heroes are someones rape baby, or made from a sneeze, or from pissing on someone. I'm not saying it's my favorite backstory but it is pretty... well... standard.

Half of mythology would not fly for most modern people

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah but they died a long time ago and we have plenty of creepy people to take their place so who cares. I mean we aren't lacking for poorly written fetish comics.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Semper Fudge posted:

Ah okay, you're just being a pedantic gently caress even though it's extremely evident what I meant. Apologies.

It was not evident, I assume you meant minimal in comparison but that is inferring based on nothing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I can't be racist some of my favorite heroes are black!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Edge had a large effort post on this somewhere.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I read it after it was through and the ending felt like rushed through trash.

I don't know if there were deadline or sales issues but it feels like it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

That might be remotely a valid answer if we didn't have plenty of other creators say far worse on social media without so much as a slap on the wrist.

A reminder that we've had creators go on literal racist tirades, sexually abuse others, and actively attack people and companies loudly over social media without anything happening.

Peter David literally went on a racist tirade about Roma at a panel.

Nothing happened.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Madkal posted:

Feel free to post his apology if you believe apologies count.

It doesn't have any bearing on the discussion at hand.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Mr President posted:

People mutilate children to beg all the time though. it happens in India and you better believe it happens in Romania. David supposedly saw it first hand and got very upset about it. I also like how nobody talks about the dude that provoked the discussion who interrupted an LGBT panel to go on an hour long rant about Roman representation in comics.

The point is that maybe using one incident, gotten entirely from a third party, to generalize a people is real lovely?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Three characters? Two of which are about as Romani as Captain America

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Gypsy is a slur for Romani and pretending it's about nomads in general is hilarious.

Also lol at unironically using the term identity politics.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Edge & Christian posted:

"All of Frank Miller's work is about whores. ALL OF IT. IT'S ALL WHORES.

WHORES WHORES WHORES WHORES WHORES WHORES
WHORES WHORES WHORES WHORES WHORES WHORES.

Just like in that Shortpacked comic, WHORES WHORES WHORES, ha ha I showed that motherfucker, always writing about whores. Like in Sin City, and uh

um

er

well, Catwoman in Year One

and uh

well those are the only two that spring to mind but gently caress him if he thinks I'm going to read like thirty issues of Daredevil screaming WHORESWHORESWHORESWHORESWHORESWHORES over and over again

Give Me Liberty? GIVE ME WHORES
Ronin? More like WHORENIN
300? MORE LIKE 300 WHOR-

Daredevil also has the whores thing as a pretty huge plot point. How could you forget that.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jan 4, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Red Hood is cable as hell

90s cable

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

At that point just make a new character giving a character an origin that actively clashes with his name is dumb.

It would be like making Batman themed around horses without changing his name.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I do like that they have Batman come every couple issues to validate Jason.

No guys Batman is totally okay with it!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I am aware as it's kind of a big part of my point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Sweet Iron Man cosplay