Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is that a guy with a skeleton face wearing a skeleton mask?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So does everyone know the CEO of Wonder Woman Inc. is also Wonder Woman, or just her key people?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

I think either some of us are misinterpreting the series of events or I'm misinterpreting it.

From what I can understand, fifteen years ago Superman came on the scene and the Justice League was together for a while. Then Doomsday attacked and Superman died and the Justice League broke up. Then, about five years ago, the Darkseid invasion event -- or some version of that -- happened and the Justice League got back together with its current roster that includes Cyborg. So, basically, the New 52 version of the Justice League is being retconned as the most recent incarnation of the Justice League, which has actually been around before then.

But who founded the original one, Wonder Woman or Black Canary?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Yup Green Lantern is good, but I'd go to Jeff Lemire's N52 run first. Most of the supporting cast spring from that. You can get it in one collection https://www.amazon.com/Green-Lemire-Andrea-Sorrentino-Deluxe/dp/1401257615
Also, it rules. The artist collaboration was so choice they went off and made Wolverine comics together.
You can skip the issues between Lemire's and Rebirth, even though they're by the guy who writes it now, they weren't amazing.

edit: You definitely don't need to seek the N52 issues before Jeff starts. Yeesh.

He means Green Arrow here, not Lantern. You don't need to read Green Lantern for Green Arrow, there's no cross-over or anything.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Grant Morrison thinks he's a wizard and can do real magic.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wizards have beards. Morrison doesn't have any hair at all.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also Morrison made Magneto Hitler, which is pretty much the only worse Hitlering you can do in comics than Cap.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That was a different Green Arrow though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The supposed DLC leak was:
1. Darkseid
2. Starfire
3. Black Manta
4. Spawn
5. Terra
6. Katana
7. Klarion The Witch Boy
8. Static Shock

So that seems debunked.

Another leak had the only known DLC characters as Subzero and Vixen. Vixen doesn't have a distinct enough silhouette to really say, that could be her on the right.

redbackground posted:

Wildcat to the right of Manta? Ooh, or Bronze Tiger. Someone with widdle cat ears sticking up.

Seems to have shoulder length hair though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

McCloud posted:

Hey now, just because Red Hood is a bit lame in the comics doesn't mean he wouldn't be cool to play in a fighting game. He's certainly more relevant than Sub zero or loving Raiden in a DC game.

It already has Deadshot.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's a TV show tie-in. Speedsters have to be morons now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Moore is probably into that. Geoff might be a bit too old though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not really seeing how you can be unsure on that one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but Bart sucks so it's less bad when it's done to him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

purple death ray posted:

I can't believe anyone who has read Impulse would say that Bart is a bad character.

Excuse me I said 'sucks'.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Watch out Artemis, he shot the last girl he had feelings for.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Are Green Arrow and Canary in the Suicide Squad now?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I know the name Jason goes way back but today's trend of Jaydens and Haydens and Kaydens makes it sound modern and just weird there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just caught up a couple of issues of Injustice I was behind on.

Is there any universe where Green Arrow and Black Canary's wedding goes smoothly?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You mean like timeline wise? It's the game's storyline from Harley's perspective.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You haven't played the game?

Not ends. Starts. Injustice 1 is all about Injustice Batman transporting a bunch of basically-but-not-Earth-1/Prime Earth/New Earth/Whatever it was called at the time heroes to help take down Superman.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

... That is by far the worst place way you could have taken that statement. :psyduck:

Adoptive children being considered not 'real' children/unimportant/etc is a pretty frequent problem in a lot of fiction. Bringing back Lois and Clark's kid, even if it's an alternate version of them, only to have him be the evil rival to their biological kid, is pretty crappy. Also the idea that 'half-breed' means 'inferior' is uh an entirely different uncomfortable kettle of fish.

I think when you're talking about a species that has superpowers you can use that terminology.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

How is it that both threads went off on someone's random speculation at the same time?

I really, really, really don't want to be E&C but maybe read the thing you're getting mad about first? At least for this it wouldn't have to be Secret Empire.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's currently both a JLA and a Justice League.

JLA is by Steve Orlando, though I hear it's also not very good?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jeff Lemire doesn't do teams well.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Earth Prime is also sometimes called Earth Zero.

And in the past has been New Earth and Earth 1.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The character's just called Thirteen and apparently isn't Traci.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A number of articles from July 21st call her a new character for the show.

But they were all reporting on the panel itself, so I guess CBR got him to confirm it to them after?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Superman has DNA sequencing vision.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He did the DNA test at super speed, obviously.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Superman could presumably use his telescopic vision to just see DNA similarities I guess?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TwoPair posted:

No, he took it to his pal Batman, whose crime lab is surely so bullshit that it takes the DNA and just pops out a name with no need for a descendant's DNA to match it.

Batman already has everyone's DNA.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The sun isn't yellow guys.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Signal is a synonym of Green Lantern.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wearing all black in space is a terrible idea, if you're not careful you're going to walk right into the street and get hit by a Space Cabbie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nessus posted:

Then where does Superman get his power from, smartass?

Well, this is going to ruin the big surprise in issue 5, but: The Signal.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Timm cartoons pronounced both Luthor and Ra's Al Ghul wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think technically they're bringing the main DC universe into Watchmen.