Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
hello friends!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i will play on kailpedia with silento #klailadarity

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

just get the klap, who cares, hail satan

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

made it to like level 25 before I had to go to work

lmao someone is really angry about your av

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

lethargy is ok because at 3 pts into it, you can get an attribute that increases damage dealt to lethargic targets. sleep is prob the best c1 wiz skill because it works on any not boss. eshield sucks, 1 ebolt if you need another spell to cast at ranged and it is a knock back.

subzero shield is a bit different but yeah mostly the same.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

space marine todd posted:

Are there any summoner-type builds that are fun and good?

there's two classes in the wiz line: sorcerer and necromancer. there's also bokor in the cleric line. the two wizards use cards you get from bosses. sorcs summon the bosses, can issue commands and ride them at c2 :3: while necro summons skeletons and an abomination based on the stats of boss cards. bokor summons zombies and casts offensive magic. special mention to cataphract in the swords line and falconer in archer line, as well though they arent really summoners

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Blazing Zero posted:

i will play on kailpedia with silento #klailadarity

the first time ive ever regretted posting :smith:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Kylra posted:

Holy shirt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X_Ot0k4XJc

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i finally got my shooter after much complaining today! it owns and if you are a sorcerer you need it in your life

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

god bless you, king of lemons

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

ahhh the mew under the truck meme. :golfclap:

Blazing Zero fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Apr 23, 2016

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Lemon King posted:

I'm regretting going Summoner. :<
I feel like I can't damage anything.

get a templeshooter card and suddenly you win the game

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

guts and bolts posted:

okay i know poo poo about this game and it seems incredibly overwhelming

can i re-spec if my poo poo sucks?

also, how do i become the best squire ever i just want to make tents and feed bros and i guess kill stuff on the side???

you cant re-spec class choices, but you can reset skills with a cash shop item. you can also reset stat points with a different cash shop item.

i dont really play swordsmen so i dont know about good builds for that. i recommend you do a bit of reading around before you end up at lvl 160 with a character that just isnt fun to play. its really easy to make an unfun build

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Gegil posted:

I've got a Talt! let me in!

Also, for the new F2P players about to :goon:

I found some good reference materials

Game Mechanics explained. Its a lengthy read, but everything makes so much more sense to me now about what stats / skills do and why.
https://github.com/vyne1/tos-mechanics

Area level cheat sheet to help you quest up to 220+

highly, highly recommend this map. if you follow it and eat cards to stay about 5 levels lower than the map level you cant go wrong. also do dungeons and the merc missions once you hit fedimian at lvl 100

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Fuzzy1 posted:

Who do we yell at for an invite to the guild?

jump in discord and type @silento or whisper him ingame (silento)

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

forge posted:

Wow, this whole time I thought this was an elaborate anime pillow design program.

theres definitely some pillows with tos characters on them

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

quote:

dps cleric2/diev3/druid/either druid2 or plague doctor - one of the highest dps characters in the end game, dominates world bosses, can support in dungeons into the 200s, dps is immobile though because its owl statues require pulls around them

as a lvl 229 cl2/di3/dr2, id also point out that the highest dps skill that the doctor has can be overwritten by other PD's. plague doctor is an insanely popular class because it has a lot of damage and really good support skills. therefore, going PD for world bossing is terrible but its good at everything else.

druid2 however is good everywhere but you lose out on the support skills PD has.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

the best wiz build I have ever seen is

wiz3/pyro1/cryo1/psycho1/runecaster1 (not leveling in that order of course)

set up a small ice wall prison with 2 fireballs inside, have wiz3's fast cast on (more damage attribute) and RC's ice damage bonus on, psychic pressure the prison so all the ice bolts hit boss

Pressure triggers ice bolts from the wall directly and also triggers the fireball shotgun blast which hits the prison and triggers more ice bolts

Dirty rear end Eating Mole + Rough Gay Golem + Crazy Woodspirit went from 90% hp to 5% in, not joking, about 5 seconds. This build is a boss dps machine.

was the person who killed it over leveled? same level? this matters. also that build sounds great for world bossing but insanely slow for solo'ing

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Alder posted:

Current Build: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/vqtlyqtpd0/

Any comments would be nice :3:

Idc about PVP. I'll be focusing on PVE and soloing atm.

So far I like the Ost and it's oddly soothing to kill tons of onions with spells.

it looks like a good build. dont take ice blast, period. its a filler skill that you wont use again once you get psycho3. put that point into gust instead. im not an expert on psychokino but id make sure teleport works like he says it does before going into that.

other than that, good stuff imo

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Scoss posted:

Is spirit basically a total dump stat? Even on casters?

there's items and gems that add sp recovery to the point where any points in spirit are wasted. combat sitting to regen sp is a thing as well. on some classes, it actively makes you worse. like sorcerer for example.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

sadhu also used to be really powerful until a recent patch wrecked its dmg. if you want to be a damaging cleric, dont do sadhu imo

another anecdote: i know of two goons who made sadhus. one of them deleted that character and the other doesnt play this game anymore

Blazing Zero fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 11, 2016

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

so okay, the 'tanking' thing is like this.

whoever deals the most damage gets aggro. once you have aggro, you cant dump it unless you have a skill that does like cleric's fade. there are a few generate aggro spells that swordsmen have but they arent great and/or busted. finally, peltasta c1 gets swashbuckling which draws attention of mobs in an area but other party members can easily take aggro from you just because they poo poo out dps.

essentially, swordsmen are only useful thanks to peltasta swashbuckling. cataphract builds put out p good dps but they dont match wizards or archers. they do better than dps clerics, but those usually still have cleric2 which means lots of heal tiles and divine might. divine might is crazy good for boosting party dps so most all clerics are wanted unless its a monk or sadhu build.

youll see world chat asking for peltasta or tanking swordsmen and they mean pelts with swashbuckling

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Rahu posted:

I'm stuck in the sky, send help

youve ascended to the secret sky god level, congrats :toot:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

eh i spent 65 bucks and im leveling up my third character. its fun to me :shrug:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Fixit posted:

Does that mean if I cannot play it on Steam any more? Been really enjoying this game, bringing back memories from RO.

Also, are Swordsman decent for DPS builds? It looks to me that Doppelsoeldner is the only way to go for DPS. Is Dragoon good for DPS? Other players in game are saying Swordsman can only be tanks and to reroll now. I won't be doing that, but just wanting to know if Swordsman can do well for DPS.

Thanks!

you can still play, theyre only removing new signups. swordsmen arent popular right now because the only thing they bring to the table at earth tower (max level endgame thing) is an aoe taunt called swashbuckling in peltasta. their dps is easily eclipsed by archers and wizards and many groups dont even bother bringing peltasta swordsmen to et

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Fixit posted:

So, for max level end game stuff, either reroll and go full tank or play an archer or wizard for DPS?

id say do what you want right now and decide later if you wanna do all that. if youre sure you want to put in the effort for the endgame jank then yes.

also, have a read around about what class builds work really well together. randomly mashing classes together will ensure you have a Bad Time

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Danakir posted:

So I wanted to try this game out but I'm guessing it's off Steam for the time being? So much for that. Any advice/tips for when I do get to try it out? There any kind of goon guild to join up to ease the grind and team up for fun and profit?

its off steam until they can fix the lag issues associated with creating new accounts. the goon guild is up but unless someone starts up a new alt or you convince a friend to level with you, youre going to be leveling solo because there's such a wide spread of levels (280 is max)

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

YES bread posted:

that list is missing quite a few of the previously datamined classes/costumes, I wonder if the others will be hidden or r9

Some solid info on new classes might actually get me playing again :toot:

i just want them to fix problems with the existing classes :smith:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

lots of cool changes but the game is unplayable cause of fps stutter :sigh:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i wonder if a diev miko would be a good build (tm)

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

much as i DESPISE gachas in f2p games, silento, you forgot to mention the important bit.

all the poo poo that drops from the gacha is:
1) cosmetic
2) sellable on the AH

so that means its not a complete ratscrew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

huh. i thought the cube was purely those new hats and the costumes. welp

Silento posted:

lol is that 1 (one) blessed gem? Call the police, game is over!!!! P2W forever!!!!!!

well its kinda poo poo but i appreciate your sarcasm, friend

• Locked thread