Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I"m already like almost done with Hyper Light Drifter. I like it. There are few things here and there the game could do better on. There is no text dump of a story, it's mostly told through cutscenes and visuals. The combat is pretty good, nothing too complicated but it's not a button mash game. The dashing mechanic does take a little getting used to, and you have to keep in mind the dashing does not make you invincible. The game's music is good, the artsytle, yes it's pixel art but I think it is used for its strengths. This game doesn't hold your hand in terms of what you have to do. It's not that hard to figure out. I enjoyed from what I played.

The only knock I have against it is the power ups. Wish they could be a bit more clearer on what does what on some upgrades. Some of the upgrades are pretty easy to tell what they do but some you have to figure out.

I enjoyed my purchase so I say go for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Accordion Man posted:

You must be one with your box.

And Big Boss didn't became one with his box. It's only until MGS4 that he realized this.

I want someone to draw a picture of The Boss Ghost just with her arms in the air with Venom Snake and motherbase, just going NO this is not what I meant at all!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

PantsBandit posted:

I'd be surprised if Kratos didn't star in GoW4. They managed to find a character that manages to be a giant, raging rear end in a top hat and not be totally unlikable at the same time. Hard to catch lightning in a bottle like that.

Even if it is him, what would he be raging and killing about?

He killed every drat god that pissed him off.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Have you ever read the webcomic manly guys do manly things?

Kratos is pretty much that.

http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/comic/03222010
http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/comic/just-imagine-how-much-all-you-can-eat-korean-bbq-theyd-go-through-in-a-sitting
http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/comic/based-on-a-true-story

But yeah they probably will find one. I mean the PSP games he went after everyone. Hell they had reunite with his daughter.

Only to have to push her away because Persephone/and a Titan were gonna destroy the world above so he had to go kill em. :v:

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Apr 5, 2016

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Gow's gameplay was never the shining point. The set pieces were the bright spot.

That and seeing how pissed Kratos got.

I thought they couldn't get him more pissed off but 3 showed me, nah we found other ways to make him angry.

edit: And yet you have a boner for Forza or whatever everytime. :v: Why do goons keep dong that the whole gee I don't know why people get excited. It's like why bother. I mean could explain maybe differences that it ain't a rehash but that would probably end with no that's not new etc, blah blah.

So TLDR, you don't like Dark Souls 3. That's ok. Now talk about what game you are excited about for April.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Apr 5, 2016

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Never gonna happen dude. Basically what corn said.

PC fans said they wanted Demon Souls, 5 to what 10 years later? Still ain't happening.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I doubled checked to make sure I wasn't in the speedrun thread.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Jay Rust posted:

More like Crapcom haha

crapcept doofus.

or Comcrap. :v:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
NG2's story made of been nonsense but nothing is bad as 3.

Ryu YOUR KILLING IS BAD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Devil may Cry was all about being flash and whupping rear end.

NG was more defensive.

Also when you put DMC like that you are making me think of NT's game which NG styles all over. :v:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Fair enough.

Just been so long since we had a proper DMC. :(

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
leveling tips how? like what build to focus on?

Magic is pretty much goddamn OP in Demon Souls.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Wamdoodle posted:

Oh is that the whole impetus for that "killing the lowly soldier" scene?
Yup. It's so goddamn ridiculous and at the end they are nah Ryu dont' feel bad you can kill!

edit: I hate that goddamn bird. Trigger warn that poo poo. :v:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Snake died trying to fultoning a FORD.

Fool.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Zone of the Enders 2 bitch.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Only thing I could knock about Transformers is it doesn't use the old theme. It does have kick rear end music though.

Also Prime dishing out one liners was great.

I forgot how he said it but after beating the poo poo out of Starscream, he just goes yeah you are pretty much useless like Megatron said.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Jay Rust posted:

I preloaded it but it's still downloading something and won't let me in, so far it's my least favourite game in the series

Game is going git gud at downloading better scrub.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

exquisite tea posted:

dirk stows update: first boss went down like a chump from my Pyromancer just casting fireball. This game so ez, I dunno why so many people say it's hard.

I hope you get ganked and invaded.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
40 hours into Dark Souls 3 and I"m still not done. drat. Though some of that has been sun broing.

These areas are just goddamn huge. Like take 4 or 5 worlds of Dark Souls 2 and combine them into one. Because that's how it felt for me.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

corn in the bible posted:

i am enjoying ninja gaiden razor's edge and think it is fun

I heard they revamped some things from NG3 to make it better, glad to hear it might not been bullshit. :v:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I mostly used EB or Gamestop for old ps2 games or what not. And even then that is pretty much scarce.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Bravely Second is due to arrive on Wednesday, which is fine because apparently there's like, entire realms of danger and mystery I failed to discover my first time through Dark Souls 3.

Well I do hope you do find some.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
What makes the hidden ending for Arkham Kninght so dumb is it leaves on a cliff hanger. I love Rocksteady's games and all but you end a trilogy with a cliff hanger. I will admit I did the trophies because I wanted to punch Riddler's face in.

It wasn't as satisfying like Arkham City's unfortunately.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Palpek posted:

The original Prince of Persia had a 1 hour time limit on top of the screen. You literally couldn't play it longer than that because it was a game over.

More like you get the bad ending. You can still go through the game and kill Jafar. Just afterwards when you finish, you just find an empty room and welp.

Two was more brutal though goddamn.

edit: googling Shadow and Flame and they made a PoP reskin. Only it's moblie.

Ew.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I know I think I said in this game chats before , but I really wish they made another PoP. And alot of people say Assassin Creed was that, and it in some ways yeah but the platforming and what not was just awesome in PoP. From time to time I like to play the first one because how good it was.. (the ps2 one I mean)

I liked/diskliked PoP 2008. Loved the style, the climbing stuff etc was good.

The whole literally holding your hand so you don't die though?

That was lame.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I was like what do you mean he's dead. Nah you guys are joking

*look at news*

:smith:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

He died and went to videogame heaven.

Also jesus why the hell they thought that was a good idea. I use to have Prime, but it was mostly so I can use it for the shipping discounts.

This is just bullshit.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Runs fine with my GTX 680. If anything I can put everything on high now because that patch fixed the bonfire crashes.

It's definitely better then it was on launch day.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Pretty much, the steam overlay causes the stutter.

I didn't have to remove the files, I just went under properties and ticked not to run during DS3.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Double Dragon Neon, Rayman Legends, Far Cry 3's seperate Campaign Co op.

Thos are the three that are the top off my head.

DD Neon is just goddamn 80s as hell and the villain is just full of bone puns. Plus a very kick rear end soundtrack.

Here I'll give ya a sample.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4plVuPWNicU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Not gonna lie my only beef with TP is how loving ugly/hideous the characters look. That baby is just offsetting and creepy.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Jay Rust posted:

This probably gets asked a lot, but if I liked The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us but didn't like Borderlands' aesthetic or writing, is Tales From Borderlands worth looking into?

Nearly the whole Steam thread gushed about how Good Tales from Borderlands is.

And they have a huge hate boner for that series.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Apr 23, 2016

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

raditts posted:

Before you recommend this, you should make sure not to recommend it for PC. It's crash prone under any circumstances, but it's straight up unplayable on Windows 10.

:smith:

Son of a biiiiiiiiiitch.

I knew I shouldn't have upgraded to windows 10.

gently caress.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Ciaphas posted:

I meant more to ask what they are

Go to the thread. And I"m not being snarky, everyone has their own ideas of what they dont' like

Bosses are too easy. Sword and board is too easy. Enemies are too hard. PVP sucks. Too many estus flasks.

Magic is not good til mid game. Game is too linear.

That's off the top of my head in what they brought up about in the souls thread.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Sakurazuka posted:

Some bosses are pissing me off.

Get gud then scrub.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Golden Goat posted:

Morning Games chat, I played more Dark Souls III and Star Fox Zero over the weekend.

Very minor gripe at the moment with Dark Souls but I thought it was kinda dumb that (Undead Settlement Spoiler)Siegmeyer is basically in the game under the name Siegward. He's cool and all but he feels kinda shoved in there. It's kinda silly to clone a dude straight for that and give him a big reveal going "Hey remember this dude!"

It's minor and I know what others really wanted from DS3 was more DS1but it irks me a bit when it's like that.

Get the gently caress out.

No.

Seriously.

Get the gently caress out.

Dissing my Onion bro?

Get out. :colbert:

DS2 was basically hey remember DS1, so not sure why you would think that this would be any different.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Apr 25, 2016

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Golden Goat posted:

I don't remember DS2 having literally a Sieg clone appearing with the same armor, same mannerisms and the very same voice actor but with a different character name.

I'm fine with equipment from other games and having the item blurbs having references but straight up identical characters is a kinda bad reference.

Anyway it's not a huge deal, I find that one character to be lazy. Everybody else in the game is great so far.

I was gonna be a smart rear end and said he invades in DS2 in NG+. :v:

But he doesn't talk in that so point taken.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Quest For Glory II posted:

what I'm learning is that you can't say anything bad about a dark souls game even though dark souls games are bad

Go back to your dumb e3 thread troll. :colbert:

Also yes DS3 is basically Bonfire souls but you know what? Whatever.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

PantsBandit posted:

Naughty Dog has their heads way too far up their asses to do anything as "juvenile" as a Crash game. hosed up :shrug:

Do you have any article that says that or you just talking out of your rear end.

edit: Considering goons have a rep for saying poo poo and it ends up not being true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

bloodychill posted:

I took a quick look at the ds3 thread and will continue my policy of enjoying souls games without reading the souls threads here. Man what a train wreck.

That joke thread title suggestion was accurate.

DS3 is the worst. Worst at bringing out Soul goons being a bunch of goddamn spergs.

• Locked thread