Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
Wormholes exist and querns cant do anything about it. Not even with his newfound director powers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

RhoA posted:

Let me into your wormhole :heysexy:.

OK, just be gentle, my mass limit is low and I dont want it destabilized.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

god your insufferable

:ironicat:

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah basically. We tend to go wherever we figure we can get the most entertainment. With Citadels I have no clue where that will be, but it will be a lot of fun destroying a 250 billion ISK autism tower.

I pretty much see you guys being the first to pop one of those and look forward to the eve-o/reddit whining about loot recovery and citadel defenses from the recently displaced.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

vyst posted:

Wouldn't be a thread without a lovely Garnt hole squad woe is me post

Yeah why can't we just conveniently ignore how we hosed him over?

We(old HV) didnt want ~alliance assets~ from GSF we just wanted to hangout in a wormhole with space friends but apparently that was unreasonable.

Venom Snake posted:

i don't think you get hole squad

:ironicat:

Stop talking about Hole Squad. There being a war on has little to do with GOKU being a ghost town.

Foehammer007 posted:

tolstoy for ceo the true pvp leader for hole squad

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

why are more people logging in than ever then

edit: like, I understand being bitter because w/e old hole squad is dead and never coming back but christ dude

Because there is something to do other than sit in a hole with unscanned statics while talking about the different ways to roll chains in search of wolf rayet isk.

Venom Snake posted:

i was referencing the fact hole squad is not some super elite pvp organization but okay

Yeah it was never ~elite~, just pvp focused. Which of course you never really figured out and were befuddled when people got sick of you not shutting the gently caress up about ratting.

Venom Snake posted:

he said people who join hole squad do so becuase they don't like being around inept people which is obviously false because everyone didn't quit when I was let in

okay well maybe some did

That wasn't me you jack rear end, that was some ex GSF member who went gently caress goons like 4 years ago and doesnt play anymore iirc.

And to a to a degree sure, I don't like playing with people who have trouble flying their ship because when I am trying to set up a gank on someone and multiple assholes jump into the target's system because "I HAVE A CLOAK THEY CANT SEE ME" and scare the person I'm hunting, or yell at everyone because they were dumb enough to bring a slow brick tank T3 to obvious bait and die, it starts to wear on you.

Venom Snake posted:

anyway it's my space opinion that hole goons aren't dead or dying or w/e sky fall meme of the day but i know arguing with people about it will just make them upset about it because well thats just how that goes, good night and god bless

The squad is in the "lets try an open relationship" point down the road to falling apart. Eventually youll(well probably not you) realize that nobody still wants to be there and the only thing that was keeping you there was the memories.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

objectively bad posted:

"Throw BAT, OSS and C02 into that gaggle of shitlords and you get the Band of Backstabbers"

This bit of the ceo update confuses me.

How long are we supposed to ignore the highest concentration of neutrals in eve for to avoid being called backstabbers?

It was my understanding that BAT left amicably?

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
My favorite part of the mittani/fcon pastebin is dod spending the entire thing looking up the HV roster.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

darth cookie posted:

What? I must have missed that one. Got a link?

Daruna posted:

Idk if it's been posted yet cuz I ain't got the TIME to check but here's that batch of logs both 15 minutes before and 15 minutes after Mittani says "we don't give a gently caress about fcon" so you can see there is no other context to take that quote

http://pastebin.com/bPhgbi7e

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

VideoGames posted:

What is the learning boosters thing?

And having to buy the skill books now explains to me why I searched for some skills to train and they were not in my list and I had to buy them from the market. That is a bit difficult to get.

Either jita or one of the newbie systems(such as the one you started in should have a good selection of books. Jita will be a bit more expensive but everything you could want will be there.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

my skills are at like 3-4 or something

it's 5-10 minutes depending on if the loving thing decides it wants to be scanned down when it splits into 2 spots

and you have to loving zoom in and move the poo poo around to match exactly where the dot is

it's a loving pain in the rear end.

When you get a split result like that focus your probes on the one furthest away from where you just scanned. It's always that one.

Get your scanning skills to atleast 4-3-3-3 and there are some cheap implants called prospectors that are real useful and worth the isk. Also get covops to 4 and splurge for the extra 35 mil to get the sisters probes and launchers. Also use grav capacitor upgrade rigs [or whatever the probe strength upgrade ones are] and the scanning upgrade mid slots are.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

pseudanonymous posted:

thetwilitehour

HEY TWILITE!

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

darth cookie posted:

Mr Bong come back to Hole squad. Nex is running old school ratter hunting ops and I'm going to turbo purge the inactives/dead weight this weekend. :kheldragar:

I might one day, but for now I am going to enjoy shooting FCON finally.

!ping fuckFCON

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I feel like laughing at someone's question and then saying you blanket dismiss their perspective because of their perspective is a pretty dick move.

Yeah, i agree. I get that he probably gets poo poo on a lot as a dev because it's impossible to make everyone happy. Also it's the internet so people will say really mean hyperbolic stuff so it probably wears on him.

I just don't feel like that is the proper response to some random guy who will get similar ticks throughout like 50% of null while basically being ganks for someone else.

Yes null has gotten a lot better in the past 5 years as far as quality of life goes[aside from jb/fatigue stuff], but when it comes down to it, it's not super lucrative for the average joe and without a ya0 style market it's a logistical pain in the balls.

Fozzie knew where the guy was coming from and should have framed his response from there.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

like I get that the new posting gimmick is concern trolling your enemies to death but come on lets not act like trotting out the same old retarded arguments that holding sov and having line members able to make money is somehow a bad thing isn't dumb

Having sov and ratting space isn't bad in itself, but bloating up with a bunch of dudes who just let others do the heavy lifting while you worry about PvE is bad for any group. The guys who do stuff get bitter and burnt out. See a theme? Funnily enough you are calling an OG hole squad guy's argument on the matter dumb.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Daruna posted:

Oh hey you guys have a waffe banner ad I see

What's up with that? You worried about something?

You could at least be polite enough to pretend to put some effort into this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Elmnt80 posted:

And to think I was happy to bench like 165 after not going to a gym or stepping for in a weight room for over a decade. I really need to exercise more. :sigh:

I just started running again after completely quitting when I got out of the Army. It's awful, but if I don't do that and eat better I'll die fat at 45 or something.

To the others out there, never get out of shape. It's horrible trying to get back on that horse.

• Locked thread