Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Venom Snake posted:

Hole Squad is always undocked :sun:

The true price of Citadels...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Otacon posted:

eonwe i used to have you on MY LIST way back when but then i grew to understand and now i enjoy your posts

it just took me a long time

stay safe, eonwe!

:3:

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Unfunny Poster posted:

How much do you deadlift bruh?

Gymchat: I've been doing 5x5s for a couple months now and about two weeks back I got really excited that I would be able to break a 200lbs deadlift by the end of the week. So I go about and do my thing, manage to get what I thought was 195lbs deadlifted.

Only I come back on Friday, slot on the weight I had on Monday +10lbs, count it up and realized I entirely forgot to count the bar. Turns out not only did I break 200lbs, I shattered it by about 30lbs. And that's the story of the first time I deadlifted four plates. :3:

somnolence
Sep 29, 2011

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Gymchat: I've been doing 5x5s for a couple months now and about two weeks back I got really excited that I would be able to break a 200lbs deadlift by the end of the week. So I go about and do my thing, manage to get what I thought was 195lbs deadlifted.

Only I come back on Friday, slot on the weight I had on Monday +10lbs, count it up and realized I entirely forgot to count the bar. Turns out not only did I break 200lbs, I shattered it by about 30lbs. And that's the story of the first time I deadlifted four plates. :3:

2 plates. 4 plates is 405 lbs.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Venom Snake posted:

https://imgur.com/lK2MWJh

trying to undeadify hole squad, did a gate camp in O1Y with 5 dudes tonight, obligatory hole squad is recruiting

:golfclap:

:black101:

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

somnolence posted:

2 plates. 4 plates is 405 lbs.

he (I think) is counting the plates on both ends of the bar, obv. does not understand gym math

re: d-name posters I only have one on ignore. maybe using the ignore feature is bitching out but it's either that or literally feeling myself get dumber when those posts pass my eyes

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

an ignore list should be fluid - everyone should reevaluate posters from time to time to see if they have grown or moved on

kinda like in life

and spaceship games

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Nice. I was doing around 250 lbs a few weeks ago myself.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

And to think I was happy to bench like 165 after not going to a gym or stepping for in a weight room for over a decade. I really need to exercise more. :sigh:

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

again idk why that dude and the rest of reddit is happy with darius ostensibly Doing Things, cause that dude hates you pubtrash more than mittani does

Because it spawns drama, and there needs to be something to do while we're docked in station.

I enjoy it, it adds value to my 15bux a month.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Elmnt80 posted:

And to think I was happy to bench like 165 after not going to a gym or stepping for in a weight room for over a decade. I really need to exercise more. :sigh:

dl is higher weight than bench unless your physiology all sorts of hosed up

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011
for a bunch of internet griefers you goons sure have ricepaper skin

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

please grow up and move on

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

deadtear, Elmnt80.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
that name literally means nothing to me so

BromanderData
Mar 20, 2013

Stroke it with me

The Chosen One

Daruna posted:

for a bunch of internet griefers you goons sure have ricepaper skin

I exfoliate too often

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Or you have bad knees/back isssues and can't deadlift/squat properly.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

Or you have bad knees/back isssues and can't deadlift/squat properly.

how is that not "hosed up physiology"

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

how is that not "hosed up physiology"

I thought you meant it as in "being born with hosed up physiology."

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

I thought you meant it as in "being born with hosed up physiology."

either or! abnormal is abnormal!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

either or! abnormal is abnormal!

Calm down. It's late and I am more focused on Enter the Gungeon than what you typed. :colbert:

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Elmnt80 posted:

I just started running again after completely quitting when I got out of the Army. It's awful, but if I don't do that and eat better I'll die fat at 45 or something.

To the others out there, never get out of shape. It's horrible trying to get back on that horse.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Deadtear, if you liked Nuclear Throne or Crypt of the Necrodancer you'll like Enter the Gungeon.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I can dl 315 for reps, 1 rep max was 405 sumo, but my max squat is in the 250 ballpark. Don't skip leg day in gym class kids

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Jazzzzz posted:

I can dl 315 for reps, 1 rep max was 405 sumo, but my max squat is in the 250 ballpark. Don't skip leg day in gym class kids

prove it

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

Deadtear, if you liked Nuclear Throne or Crypt of the Necrodancer you'll like Enter the Gungeon.

didnt like, never tried dont like premise, dont really like

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Orange Red Bull posted:

Their corporation name is s friend of the family dly stay classy PL

I listened to phalanx once try to awkwardly explain on a podcast that its a real word which its not http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/snigger

snigger is like a three hundred year old respeling of snicker. from england.

snigg has like a half dozen definitions from a bunch of different languages

im all for calling out people on dumb bullshit but thats grasping at straws for what amounts to tattletaling

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

no they are really just going for the casual racism laugh, don't pull that 'UH ITS IN THE DICTIONARY' poo poo like this is middle school

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

nigga crab pollock posted:

snigger is like a three hundred year old respeling of snicker. from england.

snigg has like a half dozen definitions from a bunch of different languages

im all for calling out people on dumb bullshit but thats grasping at straws for what amounts to tattletaling

sniggeredly isnt a word, you know that right

sniggered is, niggardly is, sniggeredly is not

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
are we being concerned for a group of people who don't play EVE ever

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

hang on, I need to make sure my e-dick doesn't go flopping around and get caught on the bar

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

ullerrm posted:

There's weird streams of liquid running down my face, am I melting down? Thread plz advise

(nvm, it's just the gym sweat)

If you're just getting back on the horse allow me to extol the virtues of the squat, the world's best exercise. Do that and if you have a home gym or you are the type of person who doesn't mind lifting in front of other people: clean and press, the world's most fun exercise. Focus on good form, don't worry about weight.

PS: if you were just at the gym as part of your regular schedule, carry on.

This message brought to you by Theta Squad: Please Work Out

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!
I don't recommend you do too much bench press. Your chest will get too hot and your ribs will boil.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

vulvamancer posted:

I don't recommend you do too much bench press. Your chest will get too hot and your ribs will boil.
This is incorrect, I have heard people describe their muscle groups as being roasted after a hard workout but never boiled.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

LemonDrizzle posted:

This is incorrect, I have heard people describe their muscle groups as being roasted after a hard workout but never boiled.

please dont boil your ribs by benching too much

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

protip: the coon thing makes you racist, you stupid fuckhole

I thought it was a cat reference :saddowns:

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

you're gonna have to be more specific: daruna is permanently melting down because he craves the attention, despera melted down awhile ago and ran to test because he jumped instead of bridged (which is basically impossible to gently caress up nowadays) , I'm apparently melting down because i said syndic thrass is from georgia, darius is melting down because xenuria got put on the csm, mittani is melting down because reddit said he is etc and so forth

That wasn't a meltdown that was standard deadtear response and I'd expect nothing less. Who said it was?

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

This is patently false. Unfunny Poster is a p chill dude

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Syndic Thrass posted:

That wasn't a meltdown that was standard deadtear response and I'd expect nothing less. Who said it was?
FivepitfOneire the totally normal and not incredibly angry at me bos guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
:stare:

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/GoonSwarm/corporations

• Locked thread