Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
This is a game. That's for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Jairock posted:

drat good write up m8. The game is alive again , what a great time to be in Eve .... Common BOIS join us. Its time to Write the History again.

o7 friend

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

darth cookie posted:

Sion and an IWI guy on the same chat? :stare:

Might have to watch that.

They're using teamspeak in tyool 2016 and its not working surprisingly enough.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

causticBeet posted:

The strat requirements for machs were dropped to the floor. P sure you can get SRP with meta guns and BS4 now.

Oh yes you can.

crew posted:

was that an april fools joke about going back to baltec?

As far as I know that's for real. A shame we don't have baltec anymore though :(

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

pugnax posted:

I miss the Kugu Hurf Containment Zone.

Kugu was unironically dope.

pugnax posted:

Also, with regard to r/eve and how bad it is, it has 60k subscribers and 2,100 people are looking at it /right now/. So even if the vast majority of the actual comments are swill (peppered with the occasional Elise or Endie or ulllerm gem), it makes sense that CCP would pay attention and use it as a sounding board. Reddit as a community is abysmal and horrid, but as a communications platform it's not bad - the capital rebalance focus group subreddit is a great example.

In actual spaceships, is anyone else looking forward to a grand new era of dreadnaught Phoenix awesomeness?

ftfy

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Ice Fist posted:

I gather that the gist of this game is now all sub-caps?

Are dreads used at all anymore?

Turn off sound though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkiipNZpSc0

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

GaussianCopula posted:

asymmetric demobilization

lol

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Sir Molle is the greatest military genius the game has ever known.

http://www.pcgamer.com/how-eve-onlines-greatest-military-leader-once-fooled-the-entire-galaxy/

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Please tell me that tib pastebin wasn't actually from elysium.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

gotta make SUERE THE FUCKJIN GOONIES INT HE ECHO CHAMBER KNOW WE ARE WINNING

nice meltdown

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

sorry everyone, i was trying to do an impression of the thought processes of someone who would pay money to only ever try to be smug in a single topic about an mmo and i did it a little too well

poe's law strikes again :saddowns:

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

silentsnack posted:

If I had the resources to burn like an established member of a rich alliance (and actually played) I'd anchor a dozen superfactories, if only for the reveal that they were all empty/idle and the smug self-congratulations were entirely incorrect.

"Made you juice your jorts over killing decoys" could be more than a little bit demoralizing for bloodthirsty nerds mid-celebration, I'd imagine.

got em

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
It's all about pet island imo

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

ullerrm posted:

CONDI, now freed from the shackles of holding sov, does wolfpacks in Amarr factional warfare.

We have karmafleet dudes unironically advocating for this over on GF dot com

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

darth cookie posted:

Some of them are :shobon: newbies who don't know any better, but a lot of them are just stupid and need to be turfed.

Edit: and also spies.

realtalk losing karmafleet would be the best outcome of this war

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Syndic Thrass posted:

The most shocking thing about that log to me was that when I ctrl f-ed "friend of the family" it returned 0 results. If there's any proof it's a faked tib log this is it

lol

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Goatman Sacks posted:

I don't believe half of what mittens says - the super trap narrative is especially laughable. But the other side is full of ye olde assholes, and idiots from pro-pedophile websites like reddit and 4chan. So I'd still rather be on this side.

A majority of our own alliance is from a pro-pedophile site? :ohdear:

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Remember those star citizen furries that made some video where they squeaked and barked for like 15 minutes?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

RiffRoff posted:

So I came back to the game about a week and a half ago because of all this news. Got back into Goon and had fun for a couple days. I'm probably going to stop logging in now though and let the sub run out.

I understand what mittens and co are trying to do with making the war unfun for the enemy but it's also anti fun for us as well. I've been on about 30 swordfleets and like 15 caracal fleets with a dozen other random fleets thrown in to the mix. The alliance just doesn't have a Goony feel to it. Nothing is done just to be clowns anymore and it just feels like I'm an entry level employee in a big box store that tries too hard to take itself seriously.

Sorry guys I tried but good luck with the war.

Tbh the leadership and the line are hilariously disconnected, and your average line member is way too apathetic to do anything about it. Hopefully things will start changing after we lose all our stuff.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

nessin posted:

Still can't figure out why we didn't move into Sister space instead of lowsec for that matter.

Bubbles

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If The Imperium losses all of its space I really don't think it would be all that awful if the directorate abandons the whole space empire thing and consolidates all active Goons and palatable allies into a new GoonSwarm of maybe 5,000 members (not capped at that, I'm just throwing out a ballpark number of people who would want to do that) and moves on to doing something else. What that is I have no idea but it might be fun.

This war looks like it's one giant culture shock in the form of a massive kick in the nuts. Maybe Goons should, for a while, go back to basics. And no that does not mean moving into Syndicate loving god no.

The directorate as it currently stands cannot really exist without a space empire. I mean, the entire reason to have all these layers of beauracracy is to herd 40k nerds and maintain the infrastructure.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Rhymenoserous posted:

My post isn't getting enough attention rip me.

I read it and thought, that it was a good post

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Rhymenoserous posted:

Ok realtalk:

I'm having this discussion right with someone in jabber now and yeah, I agree. I actually logged in intending to gently caress off to random other parts of the galaxy about a month ago ~ish~ because I was really getting the eve, and eve goons itch but I wasn't really getting the "Imperium online" or "The Mittani Media" itch. This poo poo went down and I decided to fight for our side because... I guess I just want to ride this out to it's flaming conclusion? I hope what comes out the other side is different than the last couple of years.

The number of actual goons defecting/willing to defect and willing to eat the title of "Goonfucker" or "Traitor" was massively concerning from my standpoint. A lot of people I have a lot of respect for are no longer in the alliance or the coalition, the Endies, Themadj, hell even fairly minor figures like Lykouleon and Faphammer. I feel like I'm watching those stupid loving brave coups all over again where something that nominally shouldn't be happening in a happy healthy group is happening and rather than ask "Why" we're too busy giving it a kneejerk reaction.

I will say gently caress C02 though. And Despite reddit calling him a psychopath Tibs logs were my top entertainment for the night.

~truegoon flame of gooniness~ spotted. prepare to be commissared

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

What the gently caress are they doing? :cripes:

e: capital BPOs too?

Lugnut Seatcushion fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Apr 8, 2016

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

please don't sign your posts

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Szcwczuk posted:

goons are bad

Counterpoint: goons are cool, and also maybe good?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

and he called me the troll :rolleyes:

I appreciate your honestposting itt

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Endie posted:

That is at one end of the range of potential outcomes: a smaller, goonier group gradually shedding some of the shitter J4Dek corps and Waffe presented with some exciting things to do on a long road to recovery. The other end of the spectrum is a successful defence of Deklein and glorious fightback.

If I had to put money on it, though, I'd guess that approaches are being made in the east and the south to secure a soft-landing for everyone who decides to stick with goons and rebuilding behind a shield of Russians. In that version I'd kinda expect the deader allies to widot in. No way would Init, nor do I think Fcon would, but someone like TNT or the remains of SMA after the pending bout of departures might jump at the chance to forget all the effort of rebuilding and hand over responsibility to Goons to bottle-feed them back to strength.

One problem with that would be trying to extract supers. You'd have people like the wrecking crew lurking in Hakonen and Obe for years.

I sincerely hope you're wrong. Bloating ourselves with castoffs and remnants of failed allies was a contributing factor to where we are now.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Colgate posted:

Wowwww, holy poo poo that's kind of corrupt.

:ccp:

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Foe Hammer posted:

K so I have to say that while I do not like the whole "World War Bee" it does have more bling and pizzas than "war of sovless aggression". While the "war of sovless aggression" may be accurate it needs a stage name, something catchy, with pizzazz. like "Imperium vs Eve war" or idk something cool thoughts?

go away please

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Tbh we're due for a dadbuck puppetmaster post in the next few pages

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

it's stupid and you're awful

huh all these imgur links or bad puns at the top of a thread with dozens of lovely LOL U WENT THERE comments wow this sure is growing on me

ANOTHER ONE BOIS #REKKINCREW

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
It'll be interesting to see if DOKDO follows him

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

evilweasel posted:

of course if youre going to spy you shouldnt post your top secret leaks on reddit for mad upvotes either

The leaks blew too. Not even good ones

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
[1/27/2016 9:47:11 PM] Boson: hey I need to talk to you about the tishu contRACT
[1/27/2016 9:47:21 PM] Boson: (about lowering the amount
[1/27/2016 9:47:24 PM] Boson: or stopping it
[1/27/2016 9:47:28 PM] Boson: obviously don't tell lex

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
~tradecraft~

[3/13/2016 6:13:56 PM] Boson: I delered our chat history by mistake
[3/13/2016 6:14:00 PM] Boson: can you please send it to me
[3/13/2016 6:14:11 PM] Lenny Kravitz2: bro you are killing me
[3/13/2016 6:14:12 PM] Boson: I will semd you redacted version
[3/13/2016 6:14:17 PM] Lenny Kravitz2: where do I even find it
[3/13/2016 6:14:23 PM] Boson: scroll up
[3/13/2016 6:14:31 PM] Boson: aftery ou hit show previous emssages
[3/13/2016 6:14:33 PM] Boson: a acouple times
[3/13/2016 6:14:43 PM] Boson: you can choose how long you go
[3/13/2016 6:14:51 PM] Boson: and then select go back 6 months
[3/13/2016 6:15:00 PM] Boson: and then CTRL+A
[3/13/2016 6:15:02 PM] Boson: ctrl c
[3/13/2016 6:15:13 PM] Boson: into a pastebin or word document

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is The Mittani just releasing all of the dirt he has on everyone? Amazing.

I mean, I think they just stumbled upon these on pastebin which is amazing in its own right.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

awesomecopter posted:

That's a lot less explainable, but Blawrf did say something along the lines of "I'm not going over to PL" in his farewell address, then a few months later he's in PL.

To be honest I've seen a bunch of vitrol from BAT members who were with CONDI only 4 months ago. Plenty of transition time, lots of peaceful member swaps, and 4 months later BAT shows up at the gates.

I honestly don't care for the rhetoric but would prefer people to bring their objections up and talk about things like not-teenagers rather than harbor a secret grudge that they don't try to sort out and gently caress everyone on the way out.

People in GSF get purged for disagreeing so v0v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Unfunny Poster posted:

Correction, they get purged for being "mentally ill."

I knew I was forgetting something

• Locked thread