Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Gropiemon posted:

(1:55:17 PM) rc: :siren: Infrastructure Hub in VFK-IV (Deklein) (UKC [CONDI]) is being hacked :siren:

:yayclod:

(3:00:53 PM) rc:
:siren: Repair Service in VFK-IV (Deklein) (UKC [CONDI]) is being hacked :siren:

They're after the services!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Is it true that Fozzie was in PL or have I just been spreading lies? And if true then what does that say about fozzie sov?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Unfunny Poster posted:

When he was playing he was known as Raivi and was, at the time, a big part of PL's AT team. If I recall, he also was one of the active programmers on The Sphere program we still use pretty regularly when in war mode. That said, I can't confirm nor deny what you're saying about how he made the entire new sov system to benefit PL since we're at war and all. Maybe when it's over I talk you through it, but you seem to be drawing your own conclusions at the moment which is OK.

Well I don't know much about Fozzie's game experience other than what I've heard about him being in PL at some point in time. I think it's at least somewhat suspicious or funny because of his history.

I have no idea what The Sphere is, but from what I could tell from a few quick google searches it's a fitting tool?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Unfunny Poster posted:

If you're suspicious of Fozzie's past in playing with PL and then being hired by CCP, then you should be equally suspicious of the ex-members of Goons ending up doing the same thing. You should also be incredibly suspicious of the TEST guy CCP hired to manage the CSM since he could have lied to them to benefit TEST in-game :tinfoil:

Well I've never heard of which ones were in TEST or GSF, and definitely none of them have their name attached to a release ala 'fozzie sov'.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Locating tool? I'm still lost on what it is and does.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

crew posted:

I believe the gist of it was: you didnt show up in local. This dude Monkeysphere was notorious for murdering tons of shitfit carebears and ratters and they developed a legend that he was using hacks or software called: The Sphere, PL has been stoking the fires and feeding that troll ever since.

oh weird.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

quote:

As mentioned, Goonswarm leadership knew about all of these issues long before the M-O betrayal. We showed up to defend CO2 time and time again these past few months despite these background issues because that’s who we are, we honor our word--we honor our commitments--even when it is difficult to do so. We have bled and will continue to bleed for our allies, minor and major problems aside, because they would do the same for us.

This is something Gigx, Da Winci, and TheJudge increasingly failed to understand. The Imperium isn’t held together by moons, by isk or by space. It’s held together with intangible bonds forged in blood and sweat, over beers in bars, and on the dance floor in clubs. A CO2 increasingly consumed with greed lost sight of that.

This is what makes me think we're going to win.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Comstar posted:

10 minute rant by MBC member on why they fight. The rant starts after 30 seconds. I don't recall who DNSBlack is.

SMA retreats from homeland.

SMA joined the CFC because they put everything they had into holding their space, and so impressed the CFC they invited them in when the old NC fell. SMA leaving their home now? I'm saddened by that.

Who would be next - RAZOR? I haven't seen anyone mention them on either side much. I haven't seen any of their propaganda like they used to do.

As a member of SMA.. WTF? I can take a screenshot of all the pings though, so I'm saying this is 100% bullshit.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

GaussianCopula posted:

ccp is afraid of goons, the alliance who creates by far the most attention for the game exactly why?

*cough* no sions rule *cough*

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Dalael posted:

Attn: Sir/Madam Ok Baby,

I seize this opportunity to extend my sincere hope that you will be successful in this endeavour.

I am certain that by the time you read this EVE mail, you will already have defeated the ~evil goons~ that plague New Eden. I was passing by Jita and decided to use this opportunity to send you this mail believing that my donation is the one that will ensure your success.

My name is [Insert name here] and I am currently in the possession of a very valuable ship which I would be willing to sell solely for the purpose of donating you the ISK to wage your war. Unfortunately, this ship is currently locked in a station in [insert system here] which I am unable to dock in. The only way I can get this ship back is by having [insert logistic corp here] ship it back to Jita and who would charge me [insert amount of ISk here] to move it. I know their fees is high, but the risks they take by going in this system is very real.

At this time, I find myself low on liquid ISk and assets and therefore would request that you send me [insert ISK here] so that I may have the ship sent back to Jita where I can sell it for the most profit. Rest assured that all the money made from the sale will promptly be given to your foundation since I strongly believe that [Insert Mittani or Sion's name here] is literally Hitler and need to be stopped for the good of the game.

I would also consider joining [Insert dumb pubbie corp in TEST] in order to fight the good fight myself and finally put an end to Goonswarm's domination over our beloved game.

Please be informed that confidentiality of this transaction is of the utmost importance.

Yours Truly

nigerian prince [Insert your name here]

I should save this...

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

AAPsel posted:

The SMA alliance meeting literally has a crying baby in the background. You can't make this poo poo up.

Surprise, people have children!

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

AAPsel posted:

Honestly I can sympathize with that and I feel a bit bad about about laughing at it. Still, when you're going to outer ring because syndicate is too dangerous, hearing a crying child in the background is just too beautiful to ignore.

I mean yeah you can laugh about in game poo poo if you want but laughing at the literal baby crying because that's what babies do is kinda stupid.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Potato Salad posted:

Someone enjoys pissing away cash for bubbles.

I hope they bought them locally.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

dark souls has invading

new Imperium invasion?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

ullerrm posted:

I'm firmly of the opinion that everyone should do the following things at least once in their eve career:

* Set up a Planetary Interaction chain
* Huff gas in a WH
* Build a T1 module
* Invent a BPC for a T2 ship or module, and build it
* Run a data or relic site
* Suicide gank a miner
* Run a lv4 mission (which may include grinding standings to be able to use a lv4 agent)
* Run an epic arc mission
* Set up a small POS with a moon miner, even if it's just atmospheric gases or some other worthless goo

Chances are, for most of these, you'll cry out, "holy poo poo this is terrible, why do pubbies pay $15/mo to do this?" But you'll be wiser for the experience. (Alternately, you might go "this isn't so bad" and have knowledge, and often an income stream, that few Goons possess.)

Cute thread is here and is one of the best threads on SA.

You should make a guide on how to do the more SP-intensive ones.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

None of those are particularly skill intensive individually, actually. You can train into the capability to do all but perhaps the L4 mission poo poo in a matter of days for each activity. The only reason there's a delay on the L4 poo poo is the necessity to get Social to 4 and then be able to Datacenter your way down the chain, which is tedious to put it mildly.

I mean I know how to do most of the, but for other people it might be a little "what the gently caress do I do?". I have yet to do more than L2 missions, invent a bpc and build t2, or set a pos up.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
That's hilarious

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Zethe posted:

My co-worker has gone from literally frothing at the mouth grr goons to telling me he's leaving PH due to constant whelps, no SRP and goons being boring to fight.

Cultural victory?

It's almost like PH is a meatshield and slave labor for PL who don't want to do the dirty work of ~entosising~ or ~ratting~.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is a Kronos good for PVE? High level mission running at least? Because the ship looks cool.

The Kronos is I think the shittiest Marauder for PVE afaik.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
"It's okay when I do it" -Lex

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Jesus loving Christ, Lex.

http://i.imgur.com/h59EiWT.png

What a massive oval office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016