Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Do we know what is going to be in the season pass yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So preordering from Sony nets you:

angler dlc
16bit car dlc
masamune dlc

but preordering from amazon nets you

masamune dlc
gold chocobo car dlc

BUT WAIT, do a really quick flash game and you also get

Travel Pack, Camera Kit, and Gourmand Set. and Mage Mashers from Final Fantasy IX, The Blazefire Saber from Final Fantasy XIII, and the Gae Bolg Spear from Final Fantasy XIV

preordering from squeenix:

royal rainment
masamune
platinum leviathan car

.....why is this so loving difficult to just have a complete collection...

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Will this be released at midnight on Monday or Sunday midnight?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

VanillaGorilla posted:

So far, it's not quite that bad. But you can definitely spend a lot of time in the field between story beats. Xenoblade X lost me like about 10 hours in, because it just got repetitious and boring. I'm really enjoying my time with XV, though, because it feels much more crafted. It's not the story-driven experience that the older games were, but it's very fresh because it tries some new things. It feels like an evolution of XII, although I think that game did a more able job of delivering a story. Obviously, the world is better constructed and fleshed out in XV though.

I put 310 hours into Xenoblade X so that sounds good.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I have no idea if it's not a fake rumor or not but I've been hearing the car flying is on rails. True or not?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

If i buy Kingsglaive, will I get any DLC from it? They said you would when pre-ordering it.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ohtsam posted:

There isn't anyway to preload the patch if you are getting a physical edition is there?

I can't download patches for games I don't have, so no.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Two reviews are out early:

http://thisgengaming.com/2016/11/28/final-fantasy-xv-review-a-disappointing-experience-for-a-first-time-player-xbox-one/ 7/10
http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/reviews/final-fantasy-xv-review-1630801 8/10

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

1.02 patch notes:

Battle

Added actions inspired by the “Omen” trailer produced by Digic Pictures to the game:
– “Shift (Warp) Drop Kick” (When daggers are equipped).
– “Backward Shift (Warp) Magic” (Elemental Magic Activation within a short distance).
Below are examples of Wait Mode-exclusive abilities added to Ability Call to improve the Wait Mode experience:
– Libra Speed Increase
By using Libra you can obtain information more quickly.
– Wait Gauge Recovery
The Wait Gauge will recover upon defeating an enemy.
– Surprise Attack Shift Break
When Shift Breaking to an enemy that isn’t targeting you it’s easy to destroy the targeted part.
– Final Blow Shift Break
When Shift Breaking to an enemy with less than half HP, the damage multiplier will increase.
Additional battle screen effects added to make it easier for players to understand their HP status:
– When HP is less than 25%, the whole screen will be covered by a light red filter.
– When in a pinch, the whole screen will be covered by a dark red filter.
– The Enemy Whistle will be available to use after downloading the patch. You can call monsters but they won’t always appear.
– Movement taken at the time of a MP Burst is cancelled. Trying to shift in MP Burst will cause movements to fail.

Field

You can now shift forward in the field outside of battle.
Music Player item has been added so that you can listen to your favorite songs while walking.

Menu

A gallery has been added to the main menu where you can see the dishes acquired by Ignis and the fish caught by Noctis.

Regalia

Opening the menu during auto-drive will not halt driving.
Regalia Shop added that lets you shop while riding in the Regalia.

Event

Event scenes from Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV and the “Omen” trailer were added as they exceeded the disc space capacity.

Additional Improvements

Various bug fixes.
Adjustments to gameplay comfort:
– Camera adjusted in narrow areas.
– Menu use improved.
– Addition of other functions to enhance convenience.
Adjustments to improve the main scenario experience:
– Changes to towns were made to fit the scenario.
– Changes to the open world were made to fit the scenario.
Side-quests have been balanced, dish types added, added fish types and fishing locations.
Leviathan boss encounter and battle experience further improved.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Raxivace posted:

Are there five episodes or six for Brotherhood? I'm seeing conflicting sources.

5 episodes for Brotherhood. Episode 6? is in the Ultimate Collectors Edition.

Other review is out early:
http://gearnuke.com/final-fantasy-xv-review/ 9/10

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Anyone happen to have an extra amazon road trip code they could give me?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

3 hours until everyone accepts Lightning's games are not the worst final fantasy. :unsmith:

What's in 3 hours? Game doesn't come out for another 9.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

It's way way easier to dodge and parry attacks if you're locked onto that enemy. Wow lol

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Skeezy posted:

So how's the frame rate on the regular PS4? It wasn't so hot in the demos but I'm assuming it's more stable now? Not expecting 60 or anything tbh.

Mostly 30FPS. There are a few dips in combat but it's hard to notice with everything else going on.

Also anyone got their road trip code from amazon yet? It says it emailed me the codes, but I've been waiting for 20 minutes and nothing is showing up in my email...

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Pathos posted:

Can someone explain, in detail, how to make magic? I'm juuuust starting the game and I tried to make a spell and for whatever retarded reason I can't get it to work. I select the spell component (ice) at like 1x, any random thing in the bottom slot (a potion, say) and then.... what? None of the buttons seem to actually create it. I have a free slot so I don't know wtf.

You select an empty slot, press l1/r1? to fill it up, then move the cursor down to Craft. It's really obtuse and not obvious, but I eventually figured it out even drunk.

I was able to obtain the dlc minus the jacket, chocobo car, and leviathan car. When do you think those are going on sale? A month from now?

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Nov 29, 2016

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Phoix posted:

Mine dungeon spoilers Is there a gimmick to the Aramusha fight with all the goblins or am I just supposed to come back here way later?

If you have a gun, you can apparently shoot him from above until he dies and they can't get at you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ryOMFZwqEY

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

How do you level up your techniques? From using them I assume?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'm stuck in the mine in the first chapter...how do I get out? I can't even save...

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Mt. Modular posted:

I haven't gotten home yet to install my copy yet (woo...archaic plastic discs...), but for those of us who completed the Platinum Demo, weren't we supposed to get some sort of thing in FF15? Do I have to do anything special for whatever the reward was?

The Carbuncle thing shows up in the tutorial with whatever name you gave it. IDK if there's more

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

LawfulWaffle posted:

Yo, were you able to get your Roadtrip DLC redeemed? I've having problems with the codes they sent me.

I didn't get the chocobo car skin but I was able to redeem the other ones without issue.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I must say, I wish they'd made the DLC sword a skin or something instead of a weapon that is completely and utterly outclassed by a sword you find on the ground in the first 30 minutes of the game, because it looks pretty neat.

What weapon would that be?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

SquirrelGrip posted:

ok wtf

wait mode has special upgrades?

There is literally an upgrade that keeps the wait mode timer from depleting at all, making it a true pause, not just a timed pause.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Blade of Brennaere, it's a greatsword with bonus fire damage and does like 70 more base damage than the Masamune on top of that. You can find it pretty much right away, and the treasures seemingly respawn over time because I went back and found a second one in the same spot later on.

I mean I'm used to pre-order weapons being outclassed, but usually they last a little longer than that. Oh well, I mostly just think it looks way cooler.

Huh, I found one up in the alcove of destroyed buildings in the first map, and I gave it to Gladlios without even looking at the stats xD

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Nov 30, 2016

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Zotix posted:

My god the loading for everything you do in this game is unbearable. I guess it's because I'm a member of PCMR and haven't touched a console in a year, but this loading sucks.

Yeah.... I'm debating getting an SSD instead of my 2TB in the old PS4 because these loading times are terrible. Another thing is just not doing fast travel which will trigger a loading screen...

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Oh, regarding the Road Trip DLC stuff that's not the weapons. They're key items. It's 50% off coupons for gas and lodgings (dunno if they're one time use) and a better camera for Prompto from what I can tell.

They're not one time use.

Better fishing rods and some extra lures, a "better" camera that drops a blue filter on everything, some key items which are handy, and some cooking ingredients so you don't have to buy them at first.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Nov 30, 2016

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

qte

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

It's really obvious all the shortcuts they took to give the game a manageable frame rate. Characters' hair looks like it's partly trapped in the Phantom Zone. Shadows are messy. Aliasing is all over the place. The pop-in is bad enough to make distant textures look PSX quality.

Some of this might be alleviated in a future PC release, but I'm not letting it get to me for the time being.

Yeah the draw distance for shadows is way too low, once you notice its bad.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Shoehead posted:

Today I read a cooking magazine and suddenly Ignis had a brilliant idea for a recepay.
Dude just lifted it straight from the magazine and said it was his own idea!

I saw two of those in the first zone and I have no idea where the others are. This is going to hurt the ocd in me

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Sick shot.

I was running around in the zone near the huge walled off city thing? in the first zone, just beatin up some doggos, and suddenly I notice my poo poo is getting pushed in, and I'm like what the gently caress? I wreck these level 2 doggos normally?? I'm level 12

Then I activated wait timer and I somehow spawned a loving lvl 15 Cactaur. He dodge a whole lot, but it seems this one doesn't just immediately run away, he's just a bitch to hit, even warp strike half the time he dodges.

Killed him though, for a 5000xp boost. Holy poo poo that rules.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So how do I get a chocobo dlc and outfit dlc now?

Edit: also leviathan dlc

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I don't understand how this game looks worse than xcx at times and yet has worse loading times. Square is not good at optimization

Also does prompto's camera only hold 10 pics at a time?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I just killed a 29 scorpion at lv12 by making a bunch of quad cast blizzara. It would one shot me if it touched me, but quad cast would deal like 30% dmg to him

Turns out, any picture you save with prompto gets saved to the ps4. Idk if deleting the image in game deletes it from the ps4 tho

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Dec 2, 2016

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

How is everyone getting cash? I'm so loving broke

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Sunning posted:

In addition to Terra Battle, they're working with Silicon Studios (Bravely Default) on a new game. I'm guessing it's a mobile game with fancy graphics, similar to Final Fantasy Mobius.

Ugh...I loving hate mobile games

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I guess I'm weird, I've spent 13 hours and I'm still in chapter 1

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

FFXV's music kicks the everliving poo poo out of XCX.)

Wrong.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So how the gently caress do I get the Justice Monsters 5 car skin? The guide says I have to play the app, but no more details. I can't find the info online either...

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Triangle is horn. Idk how to put the top back on.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So, does anyone know what the requirements are for getting the Justice Monsters Five regalia skin? Internet is worthless and the guide doesn't say what the exact requirements are.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

So, does anyone know what the requirements are for getting the Justice Monsters Five regalia skin? Internet is worthless and the guide doesn't say what the exact requirements are.

Anyone?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So I collected 46000xp, then stayed in the quay for free (end of chapter 1 bonus) for enough xp to level to 32 at the start of chapter 2. About 18 hours in. Do you think I'm overleveled? :v:

Also if I hadn't watched Kingsglaive before playing this game, the cutscenes would not have helped. Who was King Regis? Who were the people in the cutscene? What was going on? Was it a dream? Who knows! But Gladios was able to get in touch with his sister, whoever that is (if you hadn't watched Brotherhood...)

In any case, I'm horribly overleveled now xD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Trying to get a lot of debased coins and stuff, but it seems like it takes a long time for them to respawn, anyone have an idea of how long it is?

• Locked thread