Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Black Mage Knight posted:

Tabata has gone on record of saying that when he first started work on the game he absolutely hated Noctis because there was no character there at all, and one of his big goals was to make Noctis relatable.

Smart move: remember how many people dropped FFXII because Vaan was an annoying twerp?

Edit: Justice Monsters Five is up on the Play Store, assume the same is true for the iOS App Store.

Die Sexmonster! fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Aug 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Gologle posted:

I think I'm beyond all hope

You're certainly not a quick learner.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

You don't have to go far to see that *stares meaningfully at No Man's Sky thread*

If FFXV removes half of what they've been advertising, I'll grab the pitchforks and join GameFAQs. (Actually, I can't even say that in jest, the internet rage mobs are insane. I'll just be quietly sad that another FF game sucks and go play something else like I did when XIII released.)

I don't consider that likely, though. No Man's Sky was one hell of a bait and switch.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

ThermoPhysical posted:

I think I'm the only person in this thread who liked XIII.

I didn't see any trailers, avoided everything for the entire marketing campaign. This was only because I was in a phase of just not caring about video games so I didn't seek anything out.

Then I bought it at Kmart during the last time they actually sold video games...and then I liked it. :v:

Am I broken?

Nah, the Final Fantasy main thread is full of weirdos people like you. :)

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Basically the same reason everyone jumped all over Lochte. Everyone wants to tear down the idols they're jealous of.

talk about a false equivalency, yowza

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Vitamin P posted:

It's better than both of them. I mean maybe Spirits Within has aged really well and had layers of complexity I didn't notice

Nope nope nope holy poo poo it's terrible.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Tae posted:

FF7 got a gameplay demo in like under 6 months, it's way ahead of any FF project before

That wasn't a gameplay demo.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Evil Canadian posted:

I have not followed the game in a good while, but is it still the case that you only ever control noctis and the rest of the party is AI controlled?

Unless you have Playstation VR!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

AlphaKretin posted:

Final Fantasy is extremely my poo poo, but I understand that it's not for everyone, if not outright weird. :v:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Gologle posted:

and secretly directed by Akira Toriyama.

Please don't tease like this, Yuji Horii works for SE still. Get those two working with the FF team again and we'll have magic comparable to Chrono Trigger.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Eh, it amazes/depresses me when people settle for subpar.

Counterpoint: EDF! EDF! EDF!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Gologle posted:

Your avatar is perfect for that post.

You're... absolutely right that's hilarious.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Tae posted:

"They forgot to add in a save system."

You forgot?????

Have you played Rygar? It's not exactly complicated. And battery-backed save files on a cartridge weren't the norm yet - all 3 Super Mario games didn't save. Megaman had passwords, as did Metroid.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Is that demo going to be made available for us PlayStation accounts? It looks like it would be fun but I don't have time to jump through the hoops to set up a japan account.

There are no hoops. You create the account right on your PS4 and click a link in an email.

Here's how to create a Japanese PSN ID in 60 seconds - if you don't have time to make one, you don't have time to play the demo.

https://youtu.be/MUiLEZeIprs

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Anyone that uses a selfie stick deserves to get hit by a bus

Prompto definitely deserves to get hit by a bus, so this checks out.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

I said come in! posted:

Final Fantasy XV comes out and then The Last Guardian comes out a week later.

I loved Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, the latter being in my top 3 games of all time. Last Guardian just does not look great. Am I alone here?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Nina posted:

I'm probably biased because I've never been a huge FF fan so I can't sympathize with the outrage of those for whom the franchise is dear. But at face value XV just feels like a really cool game I can have a good time with to me.

FF fans are salty they haven't gotten a full main series game since 2010, so they're split on this one. Some want it to be more like XIII and they're disappointed (these people are crazy,) some people want to see a trainwreck on the same scale as XIII (these people are nuts,) and some of us just want to have a fun time with a cool video game (hi.)

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

MrLonghair posted:

Final trailer extended cut https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zO5UGNo07c
A good bit of new cool as hell footage

"Or buy a chalkabo!"

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Combination Peeta posted:

I hope that's not how it's really pronounced. Otherwise I'll feel really stupid and I'll be mad because that pronunciation sounds stupid.

It is stupid. Japanese is actually simpler to figure out pronunciation for than English, the vowels follow rules and don't really surprise you. "Cho-koh-boh"

Fhqwhgads posted:

It's pronounced "Wark" :colbert:

This is also accurate.

gently caress off with kweh.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Nina posted:

Canceled my Amazon pre-order because it was still giving an estimate of Dec. 3.-7. delivery. I wanna play it on launch.

Figure that's the least we can hope for. I'm torn between picking up a copy on the way home from work or preloading it on PS4.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

This is basically their last chance to really revive the FF name as a huge dominant force in gaming.

I think they're doing ok!

Compared to names like Castlevania and Megaman, they're doing great!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

That's really damning.

Or great news. Yay, opinions!

Gotta find someone breaking street date after work...

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Mokinokaro posted:

Is the story at least better than XIII?

Jack and Jill is a better story than XIII in both delivery and content. Don't worry.

Seriously, it's hard to overstate what a trainwreck XIII was.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Don't read YouTube comments.

That's good general life advice, of course, but someone's been dropping spoilers like they're trolling the Game of Thrones thread.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Holy poo poo, people talking up Spirits Within. :psyduck: I'm starting to believe the guys who say 2016 is the result of time travelers trying to fix things and making a mess of them.

Your time is more valuable than that. Hey, if you liked Harry Potter, go see Fantastic Beasts, it's got a comprehensible plot and way better CG!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

VanillaGorilla posted:

Is Lightning Returns actually good?

YMMV! It's well liked in the FF thread, but didn't grab me. Been meaning to give it another spin.

The plot is still pretty batshit.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The only spoiler I want on this game is how to achieve the fastest Time to Puppy

Holy poo poo you're a monster if you don't answer this man's question

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Aww, I was trying to be funny. :3:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Holy poo poo this game is actually good.

Noct You Like a Hurricane. :allears:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

CuddlyZombie posted:

Is there a downside to having wait mode active, or is it essentially a "you're an idiot if you don't turn this on" thing?

Combat is exciting and fun in real-time

Wait mode in this is most analogous to VATS

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Not sure what you mean by "attack again."

People: hold down the attack button AND the defensive stance button. Your Finesse scores will improve, and you'll get more Link attacks.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

GreenBuckanneer posted:

What weapon would that be?

The Blade of Bandersnatch or whatever it's called that you can find at treasure points.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
The responses are getting a little personal, but this conversation (about Noct and Regis) tells me the characters are actually good.

Whew, I was afraid I just appreciated young men in tight leather.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Augus posted:

You know, the low-quality in-game models are really lovely, and the game has a really bad habit of zooming way into them.
The high-quality cutscene models, though, are really great.

This sounds like a complaint about FFVII. They're fine.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

JetsGuy posted:

lol I remember kid me asking the same thing about Leo in FF6 otherwise known as far and away greatest FF ever and the one they should do a HD 3D remake of gently caress the FF7 fanboys.

Giant FF7 fan. I'd way rather see a remake of 6 in cel-shaded Amano art.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I think I'm running out of things to do in Chapter 3 and may be time to move on. I think I can hit 45 with the banked XP I have right now. All I have left to do is the Malmalam Thicket and whatever bounties I can do and not get killed (I still suck at this combat system)

There's very little you CAN'T do in Chapter 3, from what I've gathered. Anyone able to help fill the list? (Putting in spoiler tags to stay on the safe side)

Vesperpool Bay
Altissa hunts
Adamantoise/that other boss?
Sealed dungeons
Imperial base items (like the sniper rifle and Prompto tools)

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

DaveKap posted:

Hey so about the ending of the game... Is this like the end of the Batman trilogy where we just kinda make up our own minds as to whether it's real or not or is that definitely the thing that's really happening? I went with the former.

It's Noct and Luna's Final Fantasy.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

man nurse posted:

Alright, that's all the hunts completed. Two more menace dungeons and I'll have basically done everything. Game has me logged at 150 hours so far.

I don't think I've ever played a Final Fantasy to excess like this before. If this game's story were better it'd easily be one of the best of the series. Still good as hell as it stands.

Yeah, I've been telling people this game is an 11/10! ... Minus two. If it were the game it's telling you it is, and if the open world segments continued throughout... :aaa:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Coughing Hobo posted:

I don't understand how the game didn't launch with like 40 $5 clothing DLCs and how there haven't been another 40 post-launch.

You really surprised they weren't ready to launch this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair everything you described is in the last Final Fantasy they released.

I thought this post was about A Realm Reborn.

Still works.

• Locked thread