Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

BrownieMinusEye posted:

Haha, activated charcoal is a real thing and will bind and sequester various charged molecules. Ironic that they claim the "activated" poo poo allows you to digest more nutrients when that stuff will do the exact opposite. Hello iron deficiency!

Isn't it ionic? :rimshot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
It's amazing how current this still is:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Tiggum posted:

What is the future these are supposedly from? A future in which all our food is prepared by robots who don't understand food? How is that a twinkie? What was even the thought process behind this?

In the grim dorkness of the future kitchen, there is only kale.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Kale is just inferior collard greens.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

MariusLecter posted:

organically extracted trace minerals

:psyboom:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Picnic Princess posted:

Don't you dare gently caress with my pulled pork poutine.

So alliterative, and looks delicious.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Cut it out, edgelords! :emo:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Mad Hamish posted:

I once had a co-worker try to claim to me that in India they don't put milk in chai.

Of course not. They put chai in milk. :v:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

mds2 posted:

I follow Runners World on Facebook. They posted this videos for "tacos". What an abortion.

https://www.facebook.com/RunnersWorld/videos/10153437727901987/

Looks pretty good to me. I wouldn't call it a taco, though. Chicken salad, maybe?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

cash crab posted:

Good plan.

It also depends on type of bones. I think we got pork feather bones last time. A 1lb bag made like... two stockpots of very rich broth.

Pigs... pigs fly?.. :aaaaa:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Jyrraeth posted:

I wonder if the more clever trendy record stores have a pile of the 15 cent poo poo in the back and only put one out at a time and say its "uncommon" to try and gouge.

I believe that's what's called "honest graft".

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

somekindofguy posted:

E: For content, why did it matter if the bacon was Applewood smoked a couple of years back? Seemed like several chains were touting it, and I couldn't tell you if it made a difference.

Bacon homeopathy?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

This looks so good.

Pick posted:

This is not actually a bad idea, because pineapple is delicious

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Pineapple is a weirdly divisive food. And also delicious.

Go team pineapple! I just wish the shells were easier to deal with. Get on it, Monsanto!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Roro posted:

It's not shell, it's skin!

It's standing in the way between me and the part I want to eat. That's all that matters. :argh:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Roro posted:

True courage is eating the skin as well.

Too bad that I'm a coward and a weakling!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

TontoCorazon posted:

You are a hitler if you like pineapples.

I googled Hitler and pineapples and now I hate Adam Sandler even more than I did. THANKS TONTO!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

bunnyofdoom posted:

I am at a bar wherein they serve a 2oz drink in a pineapple and charge $20 for it. gently caress pineapple. (I normally like it but my bullshit meter is too high)

That's pineapple abuse.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Heck, I'd eat it.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pick posted:

This thread is nouveau almost-riche as gently caress. They say the middle class is dying but I'm convinced they're all just posting here.

Looking down at dogshit supersugar fake-rear end artisan donuts, while maligning cuisine. What remains? The $35-a-plate joint downtown that serves microbrews?

Pineapple.

:golfclap:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Unpopular opinion: I don't like shrimp.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

cheerfullydrab posted:

Good food should be reasonably priced, locally sourced, prepared and served by someone who gives a poo poo, taste good, keep you going, and not be served in a shoe. These are all actually possible. Even with all that said it's still okay to eat fast food once in a while, or even go someplace where jackasses eat. There's no need to hold yourself to any arbitrary standard of purity or "authenticity" when it comes to the food you buy or consume. Buy the food. Eat the food. Feel okay about it.

I live in Upstate New York, and I say importing food is actually cool and good. I like a variety of veggies and fruit all year round, thank you very much.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Tiggum posted:

I would much rather shops/restaurants sell "artisanal" (or even "artisan") food than "home made", because it makes me irrationally angry when I see things labelled "home made". Did you make it at home? No, you made it in the same commercial kitchen you make all your food, so it's not home made, is it? Don't tell me you cooked my burger here, but the relish you brought from home, because we both know that isn't true.

Pretty sure the Health Department would look askance at anything literally home-made, unless your keep your home up to State standards, somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Palpek posted:

Now wait a minute...

No matter how many takes I do this still looks like an anatomically correct vagina soup.

I believe you mean vulva soup. :science:

LOL at PubicMice posting that.

• Locked thread