Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Does getting hit when you have armor count as being hit against bosses? That's kinda lovely if so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

The_North posted:

Yeah, that's true. The reward for not getting hit in Isaac is to trade max health for items, not to get more max health.

The rewards for that in Isaac are also high-end stuff, but not things you necessarily need, not basic stuff like more health.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Speaking of RNG, is the Hegemony Carbine totally worthless, or did I just somehow manage to kill enough enemies to nearly empty it twice without a single Credit dropping?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I loving hate the Wind-Up Gun, it feels like a joke on whoever finds it.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Can the cheat engine guarantee heart containers drop from bosses, or at least make the requirements less strict? It's such a demoralizing mechanic.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I think I'm done with the game. If they try to buff some of the guns (or even just excise ones that are overly gimmicky or weak) or fix the dumb HP scaling I'll give it another shot, but it seems like they went out of their way to make sure nothing stood out at all. Even guns you get out of the big chests aren't any fun.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Zorodius posted:

uhh what?

the vulcan cannon, black hole gun, completed railgun etc. don't stand out?

Never found any of those.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I gave the game another shot. Won one of those gauntlet shrines, got the map item, and went to the hidden room. Chest was a mimic.

I can take a hint.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Made it to the Dragun for the first time. Felt like a pretty nice boss until they decided the only way to make him harder was to introduce random bullet sprays to his fair pattern.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I got down to a heart left against the Convict's boss earlier just because he never stays still.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The guide to Dragun seems to be having basic pattern recognition. He's not easy but all of his attacks are perfectly fair. It's weird after some of the Fourth Chamber bosses.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
He does get more drops and pays less at the shop. That can affect things a lot, especially once the Bullet materials are all collected.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 08:24 on May 19, 2016

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Abyssal Tentacle is such a hard carry, drat.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Is there any cheat engine thing that can force-spawn a caped bullet? I let four of them go, but I've about run out of patience on it. Such a dumb way of unlocking a character.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

HenryEx posted:

Not that i know of, but i've seen one on probably every run (though didn't always manage to keep them alive) after a past kill. You probably still got other stuff to unlock, just keep playing.

I know, but I want to play as the Bullet, he sounds fun. :( I've just been restarting the first floor over and over trying to get one to spawn, but I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Power of Pecota posted:

I found four out of five of my caped bullets on the fourth or fifth floor, so grinding the first floor might not be the way to go for that.

Yeah, but I know I've seen one on the first floor, so that seems less tedious to me than going down to the floors that have chaotic enough rooms I might end up accidentally killing one if it does show up.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Found a cape guy on the first floor finally. The Bullet is amazing. Unlocked the Robot too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

homeless poster posted:

which one do you believe is most like a boss from nuclear throne? which boss from nuclear throne?

He probably just posted in the wrong thread, but I feel like the Wallmonger might be a nod to the Throne fight.