Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

mods please sticky at midnight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

ANyway, enjoy the game all, im going to bow out of the thread until i can start playing so you can all discuss the nitty gritty. bye.

Same, see y'all in 5 and a half hours

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

im gonna be doing bosses only count if they have a healthbar at the bottom of the screen

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

My body was absolutely not ready for this

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

Also I just noticed that sometimes when you slash enemies there's this blood splash. Like I did a cool slash with a shortsword and it made this sick nasty arc of blood across the wall behind the dude in the direction I swung. That's badass.

The weird hairy monster demon things leave nasty black trails wherever they attack

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the quality of life improvements are fantastic

Homeward Bones now let you pick whether you want to go to the most recent bonfire or straight back to firelink shrine

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

the improvements in the enemy ai go a long way, in my opinion

fighting the lothric knights who are constantly switching up their stances is a blast

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

apropos to nothing posted:

welp, its the best game ever made

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

where is the sunbro covenant lol. i know its somewhere in undead settlement but ive sweeped everything -_-

in the center square where you first fight the nun enemy go to the left (if youre coming from the first bonfire) inside a dark room there will be some crates to your right and a hole behind them, drop down for some soup and sunbro

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

third boss is some drat fine co-op souls btw

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Gathering/Rescuing people and bringing them back to your hub was one of my favorite things about souls games that II didn't have, and it's back in a big way baby

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

found Mildred

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

:siren: you can uninfuse weapons without reducing the upgrade level :siren:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

im the games poster bragging about using billions of arrows and the pathfinding AI to slowly snipe every enemy in the game

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the red eyed dudes in the forest with crosses on their backs are practically bloodborne enemies

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I dreamed about this game last night

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Purple phantoms were a great idea

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

then u probably arent supposed to have them yet. i literaly just found my first 1

Theres two giants in the cathedral of the deep that drop one apiece. I went that way instead of towards farron keep.

Also I just found dual wield maces and I am so happy

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

farron keep does not gently caress around

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

those motherfuckers in farron keep who just try to goomba stomp me over and over are real assholes

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

ive spent the last 3 hours helping people thru the settlement and then when they meet the guy in the hanging cage i kick them off the ledge. im like 3 items away from leveling the covenant up

lmfao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Aww yeah, got my full darkwraith set and sword and glowy hand/shield, time to invade

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

oh sweet, there's a new weapon infusion that makes the damage scale with Luck this game is so loving good

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

i cant believe this game is going to have DLC where they add even more amazing poo poo

I fully expect the dlc to be the absolute pinnacle of gaming in the modern era

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

the ds3 wikidot is a work in progress

a lot of the location guides I skimmed on the other wiki turned into lorem ipsum halfway through lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

if you mean the guys in the swamp, the one that doesnt carry a weapon and just jumps on your head has hosed my poo poo up about 80 pushups worth of times

loving this

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

goferchan posted:

is it even possible to get more cracked after the first 5?

Yes, there are enemies that drop them regularly

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

im excited for the future

don't have a cow man

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

this is the first time i'm considering buying a hardbound guide for my second playthrough to get the huge amount of stuff i've missed without having to constantly check a wiki.

Apparently the prima guide is hot garbage so buyer beware

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Soral posted:

also i aged out of the place i liked to do mound maker invading so i'm really at kind of a loss at what to do to get those covenant items

you can farm all of the covenant items if you really want

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I want that loving wepon buff miracle

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

I want the one that sounds crazy, I think it's a deep miracle that buffs health, damage, stam recovery and defense.

Honestly it's the kind of effect that's definitely noticeable and I'm sure the people who love damage calculators can explain how this miracle can break the game, but to be it feels like I get a minute wearing the best ring ever

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

i played a shitload of bloodborne and older games around that time but ever since MGSV came out its just been a nonstop chain of new releases across ps4/pc/wiiu/3ds. its incredible

Year of the Gamer

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

It's pretty fun to summon the NPc purple phantoms and just kite them through the whole level and see how far they can get on their own lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Also saddest moment in a souls game yet is definitely when you bring Andre the coal from the dead giant blacksmith :(

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

yeah thats what im going for and i got it. i messed up sirris or whatevers questline again though :(

I managed to gently caress up with Sirris too but after she already taught me the emote, so I still got to join the second coolest covenant (in theory)

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Proud Rat Mom posted:

Has any imps done any magic/pyro/or faith based builds? How have they turned out? I got a int build to ithryll and it didn't seem that fun, but then I've read that caster stats scale good up to 60 this time round so that might be why

I respecced into a faith build right around carthus so I can't speak too much about the early leveling, but my experience with faith is that all the offensive spells are in the range of complete rear end to mediocre, but the buff spells are pretty nuts. Lightning blade/dark blade give a ton of bonus damage and really gently caress up bosses if you know which to use. Deep protection is really good just in general, it gives you a nice bonus to basically everything other than weight so it makes up for the fact that you put 20-30 points in a non-combat stat.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I didn't quite agree with whoever said that this was actually Demons Souls 2 but then I fought Yhorm and turns out they were 100% right

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

why does that picture have the quality build with 60 str/dex.....should i have gone past 40

I know for a fact that int scales up to 60 now before dropping off, maybe the other main stats do too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In case anyone wants spoilers on how to reallocate your stats:

if you join the fingers of Rosaria covenant in the cathedral of the deep, you can pay a pale tongue to redistribute all your levels after whatever your class starts with. You can only do this 5 times per character and joining the covenant can screw you out of a quest line/other covenant

• Locked thread