Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

They're loving relentless with the goomba stomps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I just discovered that when you're knocked down you can also use L1 to get up and attack instead of r1

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the fight with champion gundyr is maybe my favorite if only for the fact htat the fight consists of him constantly trying to kick me in the face

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

i hope jester thomas returns in dlc

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

rediscover posted:

Tru. I'm also doing Darkmoon cause I want Dark Moon Blade but I heard its not as OP in this game as it was in the first game.. APparently it's identical to lightning blade except its magic damage instead of lightning which is kind of gay.

It's slightly more damage but like a .9x modifier instead of a .8x modifier and magic is way worse than lightning damage

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I think spook should completely negate even killing fall damage. Without enabling you to go out of bounds.

That'd be cool, especially to see what the speed runners end up coming up with

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

it says aldritch perceived the image of a small girl in a tower as he ate gwyndolin........ and hes still eating gwyndolin and the small girl is probably yorshka, so i think priscilla broke the barrier between the painted world and anor londo and permanently locked that whole area in a doll-based barrier that fills it with snow and makes it always night. im assuming this killed her or shes dead for some other reason and if not she'll show up in the dlc. all the npcs that people thought were dead in ds1, ds2, and bborne showed up in the dlcs

I took it to mean that yorshka is the daughter of Priscilla and Gwyndolin and that she was locked in the tower to keep her safe. It also explains why she's the leader of the blades of the darkmoon when Priscilla had no relation to them

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Soral posted:

oceiros is kicking my rear end at sl1 does anybody have any tips. even just the run to him is dangerous as gently caress, like all the enemies in that area have long reach and kill me in 1 hit

try using souls to level up at the bonfire maiden

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I'm glad DS3 brought back the giant interconnected world. It isn't quite as mechanically interconnecting as DS1 but it was really cool standing in Anor Londo and looking back and going oh there's Lothric castle, there's the cathedral of the deep, there's farron keep, there's the village, etc.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lmfao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Benny D posted:

all bullshit aside this would be really really fun

A lot of DS3 pvp already ends up turning into a Benny Hill-esque chase through most of the area so

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDShspLkux0

I'm not sure whether this is retarded or awesome.

The one thing I wanted to see was how some the bosses would look from first person and all we got was a few seconds of Yhorm

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Was in Milan recently on vacation and I got to visit the roof of the Duomo Cathedral, I forget if it's exactly what the devs had in mind when designing Anor Londo, but the architecture was extremely soulsy and walking around it felt so much like Anor Londo/Cathedral of the Deep

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Soral posted:

nice. wonderful. amazingly gorgeous. simply beautiful. *turns monitor on* cool vacation photos dude

thanks I've got more but they're mostly food

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

what if..what if that was teasing a boss rush

please, I can only be so erect

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

Is there a darkwraith sword. I wanna be a darkwraith because the first one I killed dropped the chest piece and now I want it all

Full set, cool hand shield/soul sucker included

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I thought the trailer looked cool but I'm a total sucker for snow/ice levels

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Frog Act posted:

so looking at the pyromancy i'm missing a ton. some i'll be able to get by farming some humanity and levelling up in the Chaos Servants. but for the really good ones it looks like i also need to go to Oolacile to do all the content there. can i do this stuff in NG+ or should i do it before i beat the kiln area? i'm level 103 and i'm rolling through stuff pretty efficiently at this point, i assume i'll be able to do Oolacile?

You should do oolacile before NG+, it's a late game area and if you rush to it in NG+ for your first attempt you're gonna have a bad time

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

to me it felt like the pace of the bosses slows down in the middle a bit when the game opens up and you have multiple paths to take

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

i've heard a rumor it's going to be for the upgraded ps4, which is lovely

I thought Sony explicitly said there will be no games that are ps4 pro exclusive

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

he's my personal favorite kind of dark souls boss: relentlessly aggressive but with a medium health pool. I find those fights a lot more fun than the longer boss fights

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

I'm really curious what the final boss of the 2nd dlc is going to be, since it will be taking the honorary role of final souls boss ever made

dare I say it....boss rush?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Fungah! posted:

3v3 are ena confirmed in dlc btw

meh, I always found the arena pvp the least compelling part of the previous souls games

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

DLC got me swearing at my tv again

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

this double crow fight in the church or whatever is gonna make me break something

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pablo Gigante posted:

I skipped them because I kept dying lol. I got to the giant reindeer helmet dudes last night and those guys are tough

I ended up finally beating them by just going all in as aggressively as I can on the first one until I killed him without dying first

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I've lost about 100000 souls in the few hours I've been playing the dlc so far, I haven't had good masochism like this in a long while

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

So does improved motion mean the attack animation is faster? Or is it just a visual thing

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I've been stuck on an infinite loading screen every time I try to start it up

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I seriously can't load my save...offline/online, tried restarting, it just keeps loading indefinitely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

extremebuff posted:

dude the new dlc is loving hard lol. i was just streaming it and there was a certain point in the map where i found the enemy layout very questionable..feels like certain spots are balanced for 2 players cause they just throw an unreasonable amount of poo poo at you lol

Ok I'm glad it's not just me, I'm getting my rear end kicked

• Locked thread