Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm going to have to add some extra zeroes to that if I want to get swole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Benny D posted:

Still don't know wtf bloodborne even had durability for. I think I got close to my weapon breaking once ever after 20+ attempts on defiled watchdog

My saw cleaver broke a bunch fighting Ludwig on sl4

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Enjoy the game all, I'll update my 1st death when I get to play on the 16th.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I beat it as well and fought all the bosses without summoning so I started a new char to jump in to all the covenants that I missed...but whenever I enter a multiplayer session everyone just slides around without any animation and i dunno if i can even play like this

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

very sad that online does not work at all for me

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've played this 45 hours in 4 days and I still have 9 days off left

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I started a SL1 character last night and it's great that you have a ton of choices for weapons this time around. I'm using the deep battle axe from the first mimic and a fire dagger and having a great time. Raw seems really useless for sl1 this time.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

its true that fire or deep seems to be the way to go. ill start my sl1 run after i get the plat, im looking forward to it. in ds1 i used to do sl3 for more weapon choices (wanderer)

I'm up to the deacons on it and I keep getting awesome weapon drops that I want for my other 2 characters like the giant spiked mace that the fat ladies use and the bleed dual swords that some enemies in the cathedral of the deep have. gonna have to trade those over somehow lol.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

im guessing those guys are so dead that the maggots in their corpses have assumed control

they're completely made of maggots, like the maggots filled up their bodies and then burst out in the shape of them

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

SL1 is fun and frustrating at the same time. so many deaths but I'm at irithyll now and I know that the pontiff is going to be crazy.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

I finally get invaded and the dude doesn't play any animations so I have no idea what he's doing other than where he is. I still get him to one hit away from death multiple times but can't see when he heals and end up loving up a roll and dying. the net code is really bad.

removing the lovely antivirus I had that installed itself when I installed my motherboard software fixed my dark souls 3 online. protip.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

i wonder what the DLC will be about

I hope it starts out in the hosed up world you can see near the final boss area.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

my current best at pontiff on sl1

I think I have a better chance at dancer at this point. so hard

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

whew, finally. I really wanna get back into sl4 bloodborne now

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Mimics are so scary in this one

I throw an undead charm at every chest since they're so cheap. mimics do a million damage

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I got a ton of drops running through irithyll on my sl1 char so I made a new one to invade irithyll with

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Benny D posted:

Oceiros is bloodborne levels of creepy

he's the coolest. more bosses need to talk

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Kongming posted:

i call him Reverse Ludwig

That's the first thing I thought of too.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

man, I don't really like halberds, but I sure as hell love glaives

I call glaives halberds with the good moveset. They include the Lucerne, Black Knight Glaive and Immolation Tinder among others. They're my favorite weapons in all the games except Dark Souls 1 because they have the bad moveset there. I especially love the hunter's axe in bloodborne...so good.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I want to meet the voice of Oceiros.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

the black knight halberd had a good moveset in ds1 IMO. dont think it had the spin2win but i feel goofy using that anyway.

it's just the overhead 2h r1 that I need for it to be good. no stab r1s on my halberds pls.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'll show up if someone hits me up on steam.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

PC
Archdragon Peak
who in

where's the red soap.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Oh I didn't know you could get gundyr's armor. That's a run for sure.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Can you actually kill them or did I get trolled into beating their feet up

In my ng+ playthrough I used spook and all my hp rings to jump down on the elevator from the main entrance. It was amazing

You can kill them. They're not to hard compared to the giant in the dungeon.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

DS3 and Bloodborne are the most fun to play for me.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The dark souls 2 is bad and forgettable meme has run its course. It's good.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

goferchan posted:

I don't hold it against anyone who did that but I didn't wanna do that, I eventually just beat him normally. As far as I'm aware he had unlimited blood vials though which is kinda bullshit; I appreciated that in DS3 that NPCs would eventually run out of Estus because i think there's nothing wrong about making it into a battle of attrition

he only has a few blood vials

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

We're going to the area left of the final area.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Made my character yesterday based off the SMTIV Apocalypse protagonist and I'm ready to go. The Dex DLC weapons look awesome.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Entered the DLC at SL25 last night and made it to the Captain's Ashes before I was brutally murdered in 1 hit. This is gonna be good but I should probably get a few undead bone shards before I continue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

i want to jump back in and do the entire game with a fresh character, but i'm not sure if i want to wait for the DLC or not. does it have a release date?
Dude

• Locked thread