Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I wish my current throat inflammation would develop into some terrible death disease so I could call work for sick days lol

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
At least I'll die doing what I loved rip

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

greenmagaming posted:

Keys will be sent out in the next few hours.

Unfortunately, this does mean we can no longer provide refunds as this will only further delay the release of keys. Refund requests which have already been submitted at the time of this post will be processed before we send keys.

We appreciate your patience in this matter

https://greenmangaming.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/218092878-Dark-Souls-3-Key-Release

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
My GMG code arrived!

And looks like I'm p much dead tomorrow so lucky me

it is a good day to die

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
8 hours before I get home anf play the newest soul game... gently caress

Also I'm rolling caster so fight me

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Playing as caster isn't as ezmode I imagined it to be. Most enemies are aggressive and tough enough to get really close while you're casting. There's only a couple of enemies I've managed to cheese due to pathfinding bugs which is good. Damage is okay but you kill stuff faster with a sword. Sorceries are good for dealing with trash.

I've ended up leveling sorcerer pretty evenly actually, with my current goal being 20 int/fth to try out other spell types.

Attack miracles got a lot cooler in DS3: there's a literal holy locust horde spell lol

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Just beat Abyss Watchers, High Lord Wotnik and reached the next area. :h: I love this game.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Apparently that's a lag related issue. Try turning off global matchmaking if you're using it.

Like every tenth or so summon/invasion is glidedtown for me and it suckkkks

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I think (last boss) Lord of Cinder was kind of cool because he's fighting on equal grounds with player without simply being yet another npc fight. Fight was kinda easy though especially coming in fresh from Nameless King.

I don't think there's a single bad boss in the game. Even Wolnir is cool though only in concept and how he is introduced which I really love.

Just beat the game yesterday with Usurpation of Fire ending. It was pretty cool.

Dark Souls 3: pretty cool game

Fake edit: time for new builds, i want to create a bow only str build

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
At least Bloodborne 2 is guaranteed because first game sold well

I don't mind DS3 being the last Souls game because the series would end on a p high note. Good thing there's DLC tho

I'd love to see something completely new from from

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
So apparently poise is completely hosed in the game? It appears From just has disabled poise effect on damage calculation altogether in DS3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EaoGYbK0fo

Seems like a pretty dumb idea, making heavy armor builds worthless. My first playthrough was reliant on dodging so it made sense to dress light but my 2nd playthrough was supposed to be about being a big immovable rock so this is sad news

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I wish the bushiest beards and eyebrows didn't crash the character model viewport every time I view them

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Benny D posted:

Bloodborne 2 is definitely not guaranteed and probably won't happen

Rude

scary ghost dog posted:

with my wolf ring +2 on, my curved greatsword attacks dont get interrupted by shortsword swings

Does it get interrupted if not using wolf ring? I don't know

Lot of weapons seem to have poise boost in the form of hyper armor while R2 attacking so not being knocked out of a heavy weapon swing doesn't really prove poise having an effect. There are some (human model enemy) attacks that just can't be interrupted like greatsword R2 swings.

At first I thought higher poise would just give you a higher tolerance for repetitive attacks but as videos prove, walking around in Smough set still has you flinch from undead pin pricks.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I thought the same previously but the video I linked to ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EaoGYbK0fo ) has a hack turned on that apparently turns on poise effect on flinching in general. If poise is supposed to work like that I'd really like to see it happen so heavy armor actually had a point.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Well, that is true I guess :v:

I'll probably try heavy armors for fashion souls anyhow

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

sector_corrector posted:

late game spoiler about how much i've got left:

There's still more after that that you have to beat to complete the game.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Action Tortoise posted:

I remember getting the fire poker in the bonfire at the dead shrine but I can't find it in my inventory now.

It's an usable item. It's an infinite use homeward bone, not a weapon.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I have found that the best option when invaded is to just stand still and dodgeroll any projectile attacks. Or if you're the host with a boss still to be killed then just going through the level normally and ignoring them. Alot of people will just get frustrated and throw themselves at you and die lol

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

sector_corrector posted:

a good strategy is to fight the invader and have fun with the pvp part of the game

I have fun pvping but i also mostly invade other players' worlds as a mad phantom rather than play host to pvp. When I'm just collecting loot and finishing an area I can safely ignore invaders most of the time because I have both the capability to summon help and more estus. If the invader starts poo poo then I punish them.

Co-operative purple phantoming is also a lot of fun when you're honestly not out to kill the host but instead protect them from invaders. Just being a friendly jolly ghost buddy until the host eventually cracks and tries to kill you and all hell breaks loose :devil:

Purple ghosts is the best thing that happened to the Souls series.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Dark spirit Knight Solaire has invaded!

*black knight greatsword wielding havel rolls into view*

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Even replaying DS3 I really want to play more Bloodborne. And I love DS3!

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Big personal draw for SOTFS is the remixed enemy/item placement which makes the game feel new again. If you're playing for the first time though that doesn't matter much

If on PC definitely get SOTFS for the technical upgrades missing from vanilla (like native 60 fps)

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
In Demons Souls my first fight against fake king got him stuck behind the throne so I just plucked him full of arrows while this was happening

So much for hardest game everrrrr :rolleyes:

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
My body?

My body is ready.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
From software just announced an announcement for 24th

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
And here it is:

https://www.facebook.com/darksouls/photos/a.123871221019264.23050.119869331419453/1178272158912493/?type=3

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
That art looks ridiculous good :eyepop:

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
DLC got leaked:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-23-dark-souls-3-dlc-expansion-dated-for-october

sounds cool

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
this is goooood

though why show main game bosses in the trailer?

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Kild posted:

they've done it in every dlc trailer for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiBjgvFYmb0
DS1 DLC for ref. Same deal w/ Old Hunters.

It looked like the profaned flame + its bowl to me.

hmm interesting

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Great Machete dropped by the big guys in undead settlement is also amazing. It's technically a greataxe but with huge range.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Game
Of
The
Year

E: patvh notes

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1249464298459945&substory_index=0&id=119869331419453

jyrque fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Oct 17, 2016

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I want to be a big fat idiot and punch weaklings around with my slab of raw iron

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Ironically I think musou games don't feel powerful at all. You beat up hundreds and thousands of dudes with a single punch but you might as well just throws a feather duster around. In Dark Souls 2H weapons feel powerful and good because they do huge damage with a heavy looking swing.

*mashes square while berserker sword hits an enemy and drops their health by 1% and tosses them around*

No thank you

*takes a loving week of pumping iron to throw a single punch that kills the entire universe in one hit*

I FEEL ALIVE

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
It's dumb current implementation of poise effectively removes an entire play style (maximum armor in favor of mobility) by rendering the equipment load increasing stat completely irrelevant. Instead there's no reason to go for heavy armor at all due to how poise is inefficient and heavier armor offering poor defense in comparison to lightweight armor. Guess the issue goes deeper than just poise but I would see heavy armor being more feasible if poise increase (increased best by heavy armor) was an Actual Thing That Worked.

Might as well just go full Bloodborne and forget about item load completely currently.

Game still rules

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

goferchan posted:

I think it looks cool

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't think I'm ready. I think I have to start my 8th character.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
My first character is a spammy estoc + magic build though. I feel like I should start over and challenge Dark Souls III: The Ashes of Ariandel DLC as a pure str/dex quality build relying only on dodging and gaming skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

HolePisser1982 posted:

you step forward a lot faster while swinging axes, fists, and maces, and it feels like the hitbox has been extended
the scythe swings faster overall
also greatsword r1s got sped up a little, it feels great. the hollowslayer GS is beastly now

the poise-hyperarmor system also got fixed up and they removed the thing where damage to your "poise health" would regenerate super slow. poise values for armor have been spread out more, with light armor giving less poise and heavy armor giving more. havel is back

Epic

• Locked thread