Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

we fuck each other very well and we have a lot of energy from eating plantfoods
This is the day, it's today. 10 hours remaining.

This is the last time any of us will ever be hyped for a new Dark Souls game. Except maybe the DLC, but that's not quite the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

We still get 60 fps which is superior in every way. We are golden gods.

Fuzz posted:

Look at all these people posting about PvP while also taking about buying the PC version, like it won't be full of hackers and cheaters within the first 48 hours*.

* - Console versions will turn into the same thing, mind you, it just might take an extra few days.

What? Out of like 600 hours between DS1 and DS2, I've encountered maybe like 5-10 cheaters... and most (~80%) of that was PvP.

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

Mortimer posted:

don't lie to my face

He's not, they were fine, just more utility weapons than actual primary weapons. There are weapon arts now, so I assume bows are a bit better than before.

EDIT: It doesn't seem like you can do that.

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

My favorite thing in a new Souls game is the carpet of messages and bloodstains in the first few areas. Just seeing the pure force of the community running into brick wall after brick wall is amazing.

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

Holy poo poo that looks satisfying

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

Bullshit. He drops a ring and everything.

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

Anybody else having some issues summoning players with a password? It worked for a while, but now one of us can't see the other signs and the evil is spreading.

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

Frankston posted:

Oh, really? I must have missed it. I saw he had the light crossbow, no shortbow though.

You might have to send him out to steal poo poo for you first.

gently caress, I don't know what a spoiler is anymore. Also, this game is gooood.

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

Frankston posted:

I found her bone, is that what you mean?

Yup

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

The Skeleton King posted:

Seriously though. How do you get past the giants in the cathedral? I'm not stupid (at least not all of the time). I am not going to stand under its feet and plink away forever. What's the actual solution?

I dunno? I used a bow.

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

Philthy posted:

Can you only summon two phantoms? I spent all night just helping people instead of playing for myself because im a sunbro at heart. The most I saw were myself and one other phantom summoned. Did they remove the ability to summon three or were everyone I was playing with for the three hours of co-op just being weird and not summoning the max?

You need to buy the dried fingers from the old woman in Firelink (2000 souls, infinite uses.) Using that item allows you to summon 3 phantoms, but also opens you to invasions from 2 people instead of one.

And yes, it's fun as hell. Totally unfair, but hilarious to be on either side.

Philthy posted:

This is kind of cool.

Also, I am basically at the start if the game with like 15,000 souls just dojng co-op over and over. I could do this for weeks and be happy before moving on. In DS2 id be out leveling the area by having too many souls after like 10 coop sessions per boss. How does DS3 handle this?

There is no soul memory in DS3. It's back to a system similar to DS1 (+/- some % of levels, and supposedly some sort of weapon-level matchmaking, but the latter might only be for invasions, not sure.)

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

Yup

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

Look, Dark Souls 1's world was incredible and a masterpiece of level design (except Lost Izaleth, Valley of Drakes, Demon Ruins, etc.) but it doesn't matter. Once you beat the game, the interconnectedness of the world meant nothing, and was often more inconvenient than just having fast travel from the start. It was neat seeing areas from other areas, but that is still a thing in this game. And it still has no bearing on the gameplay.

Each area of DS 3 is better than almost every area in DS1 or 2. Who gives a poo poo how you go from one area to the next? It was nice "Sequence breaking" for poo poo, but that was out of necessity for certain items, like if you wanted the Red Eye Orb early or something. And that sucked. They largely removed that inconvenience in DS3 by giving you the poo poo you want pretty much right out of the gate.

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

It's really great when it's working, the problem is it's mostly not.

What? I've been an Aldritch Faithful scumbag for a few hours, a Farron Watchdog, a Blue Sentinel, and other stuff for a few hours each... and no issues here on PC. What isn't working about it for you?

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

What entails finishing Siegward's quest? I helped him kill the demon, did I have to do something after that?

Yes. Once you reach the Cathedral of the Deep 2nd bonfire, he will be trapped in a well just outside the building. Going back up to the top of Firelink (behind the 20,000 soul key door,) will get you locked in there by Patches. Patches has all of Siegward's armor and you need to buy it all for a total of like 14,000 souls. If you do this, Siegward will save Greirat in Irithyll.

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

homeless poster posted:

cathedral of the deep is loving video game vietnam. the entire run from the starting bonfire, up through the maggot graveyard, up across the entire roof of the building, down into the chapel, and far enough in that you can find an elevator that loops you back to the bonfire you started at was supremely unfun. it was just a boring checklist of bullshit:

did you bring a bow and x99 arrows?
are you willing to move forward in zoom mode 1 inch at a time, scouring the underside of every wall and tower and archway to make sure you're picking off the gremlins before they drop on you?
hey it was a pretty cool surprise when they did that a few times in the undead village right, so it must be super cool if we do it every 10 feet of the loving roof of this castle!
literally every enemy that is visible has between 1 and 4 buddies positioned in such a way that no camera angle will reveal them on approach, but trust us they're waiting for you. this is tactic is never not used, so it's never actually a surprise, and it never messes with your expectations, because it happens with every encounter.
seriously, if you think you're going to move faster than a methodical crawl, joke's on you! a shield is optional, because there's enough trash monsters here to stamina drain you anyway.
BONUS: none of the loot is noteworthy or even worth risking the effort to take. we've made sure of that!

What? Lemme check on your checklist:

Nope.
Who would do this?
It's not supposed to be a surprise, that comes later, once you are inside.
If you aren't capable of killing these guys fast enough that they don't build up on you, you hosed up. Go upgrade something. You can ignore the entire graveyard and just run through it. The only part that is remotely hard is when there are two grave wardens (dual curved sword enemies) in one small place, and even then, just aggro one at a time?
This one is true.

I think you can summarize that in two words, both start with g.

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

So, any idea what the SL for end-game PvP is? And if it should be NG+? I'm around SL 100 hanging out in the end area, trying to decide if I should defeat the boss or keep knocking fools off the cliffs.

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

Genocyber posted:

There are three metas currently, at SL 80, SL 100, and SL120/125. I imagine that in the end, the SL120 will be the primary one.

Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

Is there a covenant requirement to summon more than two red phantoms at a time? I was summoned into a world with five reds and I'm trying to figure out why I can't do that. No, I'm not insane.