Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Just as a benchmark, I'm using an ASUS GTX 660 OC and it's running fine (though not 60fps) on High, no crashes with an appreciable amount of progress. It must be a driver issue or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

After slapping this on my SSD I get a solid 40 to 60fps with a median of about 51fps consistently, on an i5 3470 with a GTX 660 OC2. the port seems pretty drat solid.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I've stopped doing PvP for the moment 'cuz most of the time when I get into an invasion, the host and random phantoms don't have any animations what-so-ever and that's hard to deal with. Just about the only bug I've seen yet.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Funky Valentine posted:

The guys who kamizae themselves are funny tho.

Trying have one catch you in a micro-second damage stagger loop for the entire duration and kill you from behind on your run to pick 15k souls.

Around hollows, never relax.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Sounds like peak :darksouls: to me. :haw:

Hey, I'm the one who didn't fucken worry about "that one hollow I can just one-shot".

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

NESguerilla posted:

Could they have possibly been stingier with the twinkling titanite in this one?

I had 25 by the end and no weapons to use it on.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Can anyone explain why I've never been summoned to bluebro? Ran it for hours on my first char and my second char has worn it for more than 6 hours and nothing. I get sentinel'd every time I invade, so what gives?

Weapons too upgraded?

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Harrow posted:

It just doesn't seem to work for some people. :smith:

I'm one of the lucky ones for whom it apparently works fine, but a lot of people have said they just never ever get Sentinel/Darkmoon hits at all.

My first run I definitely was not over upgraded, so I dunno. Not like you can get past 3 early on anyway. It's weird that everything else works online perfectly, I just can't blue bro. Never tried Watchdogs though.

It's too bad, with the frequent invasions I was gonna have fun being the good guy for once.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Atreiden posted:

Anyone else on pc getting told to update, but the game won't update, so you are stuck in offline mode?

Presumably everyone.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Babe Magnet posted:

War of the Roses is dead as gently caress and no amount of estoc/darksword spamming and smough hackers will be as awful to deal with as helicopter vanguards

I think thats Chivalry. War of the Roses was the mediocre Mount & Blade-style one. But you could aim your stabs through people's visors and stab them in the eyes and also the elbows and that owned.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Lol, why did i even try invading with anything other than a straightsword/UGS?

for a brief moment you thought you had personality, originality, a desire to try new things and succeed despite the odds etc etc

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Cephas posted:

Does the DS3 playerbase have a lot more "swoke_weed_ERRDAY XX" and "buttplug commander" phantom summons than usual, or is my memory just glossing over the players of Dark Souls past?

The percentage is, like, exactly the same as ever. Dark Souls community is flippant. Did you know?

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

ENB's Dark Souls runs are good but he's kind of just a likable moron. His accent drives me up the wall. The knowledge and stuff he drops during it all is interesting though. Never cared to watch his other LP's.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Methodical depopulation was too ingrained from the other games.

Isn't DkS2 the only game that had any kind of depopulation mechanic? It is always unfortunately easy to just sprint through any Dark Souls game, but it seems like a lot of really difficult games get easier if you just ignore all the enemies. Strange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I really enjoyed Bonfireside Chat when they were making the DkS1 eps and it was more interesting than hearing some nerd just speculate about lore for 45 mins on a masturbatory youtube vid imo