Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

green man gaming you're dropping the ball

but your discounts are so crrraazy I can forgive you. 20% off this poo poo. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I feel no shame in admitting I'm going back to hanzo steel

I assume they were intelligent enough to wipe that weird slash resistance poo poo that made DEX questionable in 2

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Green man sent me my key

I'm preloading good night goons

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm going to go DEX and luck because I heard it's broken as gently caress

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Tell me about Dex/Luck, Harrow.

I mean, if you can.

I heard something about Luck increasing either the chance or effectiveness of things like Bleed, so you could stack this poo poo high enough that you wreck everything, is this correct or am I wrong

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Harrow posted:

Worth noting that all this stat-talk assumes a couple things: first, that you're talking about NG+/PvP level stuff, because you'll probably finish your first playthrough around SL 70ish, like usual; and second, that you're limiting yourself to a certain SL range for matchmaking purposes.

I was like 105 when I killed Allant in Demon's Souls :v:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Calaveron posted:

So how is this game different from previous souls games

I don't think you have to upgrade armor any more!!!!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

RabidWeasel posted:

I am trying to brace myself for the inevitability of my crappy GPU rejecting its feeble existence when faced with the majesty that is DS3, what's a reasonbly priced (or at least not overpriced bleeding edge) graphics card that will do the game justice?

buy a 960

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

While I dislike Bloodborne's style of gameplay I appreciate that there is the gear there to play like that if you want to.

I wish I could play Bloodborne :(

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The only problem I have with the Iron Keep is the roll to get the Ember. Scares me every time, and yet I've never actually missed it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

this is what you get for being a cuck

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

where's the fuckin game

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I have to wait another loving hour gently caress this poo poo

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

5 hours :laffo:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The Skeleton King posted:

its happening! Just 10 minutes for the game to unpack!

Time to die! Whoooooo!

14 minutes :hfive:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

It's done. See you all in Lothric. :byewhore:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

OH GOD THE GAME RUNS LIKE poo poo SO MUCH IT BOOTED ME OUT OF IT LOL

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Game hard crashed at the first bonfire. :rip:.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Always hard crashes in the same spot for me. Dark Souls 3.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Cache verification picked up some missing files, loving somehow :shrug:

Tensokuu posted:

What class were you? Apparently this was happening before to everything but Knight.

e: I'm a wanderer, yo

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I beat the first boss or something and then

Sooo I guess I can't play this game :(

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Apparently removing my shield will fix the eternal crashes? I';m not actually sure if I believe that

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Enough people are confirming it that I guess I'll say that if you're having hard locks at Bonfires you have to :siren: Remove your goddamn shield :siren:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

ActionZero posted:

Is anyone else getting absolutely pathetic framerate on the intro and then the game kicks you out cause framerate is too low for online play?

Yes and then I turned the settings down

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Actually, nevermind. Removing the shield let me use the Bonfire but then it crashed 5 seconds later anyway

:laffo:

YOU BLEW IT NAMCO BANDAI, I'LL JUST PLAY ENTER THE GUNGEON TODAY INSTEAD

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Maybe the game crashing at bonfires is a feature and we're all the stupid fucks here

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

BlackLaser posted:

https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/719663296027222017

Giantbomb had this problem in the pre-release versions. Austin says it may be 700 series cards that do it. That's what I'm on. Anyone else?

660 GTX

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Apparently you *have* to be a Knight to not crash?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The giantbomb guys have been getting the Dark Souls 3 crashes for weeks with no fix? Maybe time to refund this poo poo :(

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm afraid to play the game since it seems to just crash whenever it feels like it even if you get past the Bonfire Issue and at that point, you know the crashes are just going to gently caress you over in the middle of a boss or something

gently caress that

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I got Dark Souls 3 to not crash

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

My solution to getting the game to not crash: setting Lighting to Low

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Is the combat actually...faster? It doesn't feel any faster to me.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Now I'm having trouble deciding if I wanna stick with DEX or make a Knight and roll STR.

STR seems to be the nice comfort option in the souls games. I dunno.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Okay gently caress it, i'm going to keep using katana and hopefully proc bleed or something

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I have absolutely no idea where to go in dark souls 3

where is the "beginner" supposed to go from the High Wall's second bonfire? I'm clueless.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Oh right thanks. I forgot to check there :doh:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I suck at Dark Souls times three

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

"Farewell, ashen one" she said and my game immediately crashed to desktop. And now crashes every time I try to boot it.

:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Wildtortilla posted:

Last night setting SSAO and lighting to low and switching to knight fixed my problems. Today I can't get away from the high tower bon fire in Lothric.

Fix your loving game, From Software.

You know what it is? The game loving RESETS THE LIGHTING TO MEDIUM. Or at least it does for me, every time I suddenly start crashing I check and it's back to loving medium.