Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

are there any per-requisites for yoel letting you use the dark sigil because he won't give me the option to right after recruiting him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

FirstPersonShitter posted:

you gotta die a couple of times for each use he gives you

no i mean, let me do it at all in the first place. i had no issues in previous playthroughs but he wont even let me start this time.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

sure, i'll take it :v:

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

ughh PvP sucks 95% of the time because it's always 3v1 or 4v1. if someone runs away you can't do anything to stop them and the host can just keep summoning phantoms while running away. it doesn't really matter how good you are because there are zero counters to running away or being stun locked by 4 people.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

GreyPowerVan posted:

yeah at low levels it wasnt bothering me because i could kill them but now it appears that they will literally run and wait for you to crystal or die before advancing. 4 people hiding in a bonfire room lol

low level pvp is getting pretty terrible too, at launch it was fine but today i did 33 invasions and 26 of them were gank squads with end game gear and spells and scaling doesn't really nerf them at all.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Internet Kraken posted:

Like, I didn't want to make any sweeping judgements early on, but the combat in this game translates pretty horribly into PvP. Everyone is super mobile and healing is super quick. Actually finishing someone off is stupidly hard, so the only reliable way to win a fight is stunlocking someone so they never get a chance to fight back.

Its a major disappointment for me.

yeah, estus is basically impossible to punish and even if you do use an undead hunter charm they can just run away forever until it wears off/you run out

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Obligatum VII posted:

They should just disable estus in PvP, most simple solution, if not entirely ideal.

except this messes up Fight Clubs which are the almost all of the times i've ever had fun in PvP in this game

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Orv posted:

Alright, but why should anyone get punished for it on either end? For every neat 2v1v1v2 fight I've had I've had barely remembered dozens where I zone in as an invader or a cop, and get chased or chase to the ends of the earth with no reprieve and little chance for anything approaching challenge or fun. Why doesn't the game work harder to throw squads against each other instead of the 3v1s that maybe turn into 3v2s. It's a shame, honestly, because when a full compliment of neon psycopaths are all duking it out the PvP is as fun as it's ever been, but the game, through design or bad networking, means most PvP is just an unpleasant, hollow skullfucking for somebody.

and even if by some miracle you get a 1v1 invasion it's always a 10 minute long estus chugfest you were wish was over 8 minutes ago.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Is there any penalty for disconnecting on invaders?

if you do it a lot you'll get banned from playing with other people. if your internet disconnects, you alt + f4, the game crashes, or any other way of disconnecting from an invasion it counts towards that. you will have to use your one time use way of white circlet to unban yourself.

crystal does not affect this at all afaik

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Popehoist posted:

Is there a way people can gently caress with bluebro summoning in this game? I got summoned but there was no invader, the host had a red name and started beating the poo poo out of me, and all the mobs ignored him to aggro me instead.

that was an invader wearing a ring that makes you look like a host

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

RBA Starblade posted:

Joined a host's world, the host isn't actually the host it says it is (or is even in the game), kill the actual host, got nothing for it. :thumbsup:

there's a ring that can make phantoms look like the host including changing their title when you lock onto them.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

GreyPowerVan posted:

have you considered throwing an undead hunters talisman while they're on the ground after parrying? ty

then they just run away until they can heal again and you can't punish running away so really you're just extending the fight by another 10 minutes, at least that's been my experience using them.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Oxxidation posted:

Siegward question at Cathedral of the Deep - I bought his armor from Patches, but I'm unable to return it to him at the well. The only option available is "Do Nothing." Am I missing something?

did you make sure to buy all 4 pieces, you need the helmet, torso, arms, and legs

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

welp, i found the best invasion spot in the game. i can consistently win 3v1s in the dungeon as long as i focus fire daggers on low hp estus chuggers and throw hunter charms at groups/the host. that plus all the enemies and hazards make for the best place to ruin someone's day.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

did i just run into someone with a loving lag switch? they were animating just fine but as soon as they started losing they went into an invulnerable t pose and killed me and then it went away so they could gesture at me.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

supposedly the lighting bonfire crash is fixed and greatswords were buffed a bit but that's just from reading the steam forum so take it with a giant grain of salt.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

what the gently caress are you supposed to do against massive stamina R1 rapier spammers in pvp

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

if you want some good "dick over the host (and sometimes their gank squad) by any means necessary" invasions, go to the aldrich area or especially the dungeon. the enemies in the dungeon are so loving advantageous for invaders it's hilarious.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

TGLT posted:

It also clamps down on your ability to summon people. Get five free levels and the number of people you can summon gets reduced by one. I think that also happens at 99 hollowing maybe?

i've been at 99 hollowing for a while now and i can still summon plenty of people no problem

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

all these hollowing rumors about how you cant co-op or can't pick up dropped souls sound like things dumb and bad players with lovely connections came up with

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

RBA Starblade posted:

I've noticed my bloodstain missing quite a few times, both before and after taking that pact, so there's some sort of bug there.

i also had my bloodstain missing once but it was on my first character who never got any dark sigils

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Does poise actually do anything at all? I can't tell if it's effectively useless, or if there is just some really high breakpoint you need to hit before even small weapons knock you out of attacks.

it's useless for everyone except for NPCs that can randomly decide to poise through your stunlocks.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

i love this so much, i can't wait for more gimmick pvp videos

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Lid posted:

Smouldering Lake WAS my least favourite area based off its unintuitive design, and grueling grueling pace.

I was wrong

Archdragon Peak can gently caress off straight to loving hell. There should never, ever ever, be a bonfire where as soon as you leave you either have to fight a lightning enchanted NPC knight or, if you're really special, HAVEL THE loving ROCK.

Getting past that is sure to wear you the gently caress down and then you have the rest of the level to go because you can't refresh your estus, they come right back.

tough enemy ahead therefore
dashing required ahead

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

i liked and enjoyed every area except smouldering lake. thank gently caress it's optional.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i haven't actually done anri's questline beyond meeting him/her and horace at the crucifixion road bonfire, but having been spoiled on the general direction it takes a very :haw: thought occurs to me

if you meet anri and then swap genders with rosario's covenant can you gay marry anri

you can't change genders with rosaria's rebirth :(

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Nuebot posted:

Time to learn cheat engine fuckery!

tbh i'd just use it to change boy anri to girl anri if possible

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Internet Kraken posted:

They should of just had Anri be a guy girl no matter what.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

RBA Starblade posted:

I love that there are ashes just for buying more poop.

i was extremely disappointed that ash didn't have any unique dialogue

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Internet Kraken posted:

But then he wouldn't be gay lovers with Horace and that ruins my head canon.

but i need her to be my gay lover

who i stabbed in the head with a sword

...hm...

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

who supplies the shrine handmaid with the toxic poop, i need the lore

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Manatee Cannon posted:

she uses the posts from this thread as the base

when do i start getting royalties

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I... I just accidently threw a fireball at the handmaiden at firelink and killed her, am I totally boned until NG+? alt+f4 didn't save her.

the fire keeper, andre, and shrine handmaid all respawn when you reload the area

i think andre gets upset with you though and you might need to fix your sin

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Cheatum the Evil Midget posted:

I really really love the estoc and have poked many invaders to death with it in a prolonged and violent flurry. Is this a Non Optimal Opinion and if so which weapon should i be aiming to get to replace it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW2B3P3A_30

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

If I unequip a covenant item, do I lose the progress I've made in hat covenant vis-a-vis turning in items?

no

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

I LIKE TO SMOKE WEE posted:

So, where do I get more of those prop hunt birch tree branches from?

I don't even want to PvP I just want to be a chair

get xanthous ashes in the dungeon

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Insurrectionist posted:

Please tell me there's a closer bonfire to the princes than the lower bridge one where you fight Armor, ugh.

there's an elevator at the top that goes to a bonfire i think most people miss it, i know i did.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Alan Smithee posted:

Do they actually make throwing Kukris
:goonsay:

no but kukri knife throwing is Actually A Thing apparently

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

mound maker is my favorite covenant but i wish there were incentives for a host to risk summoning a purple white sign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I think they get a vertebra if you die

Also p sure hollow players can summon purples

im not sure if that applies to white signs but i know red eye invasions definitely do. that's still not really a good enough incentive to risk it though.

also i think those are red signs, not white. red signs show up while unembered

ShadowMar fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Apr 20, 2016