Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Genocyber posted:

Yaoi is one of the three pillars of Japan

Mods do the needful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

lite_sleepr posted:

What he's not wrong.

Thread title change :ssh:

Someone on the wiki came back to firelink after sending Greirat to lothric castle, WITH GREIRAT ALIVE. Apparently it can only happen in NG+ and beyond, you have onionman save him in irithyll, by saving onion from the cathedral using his own armor from NG, then you send Patches to save him in the castle. Thats at least part of it, seems there are some other triggers to hit too, but no one seems to have found them all yet

We can save our Husbando :unsmith:

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Brackhar posted:

So I beat the game with a pure strength build going ultra greatsword, and I'm planning to do a second playthrough. I was thinking of doing dex/int, but I'm curious if you guys have any advice for fun builds to try.

Dex/luck is hilarious with various bleed weapons + carthus rouge

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

hard counter posted:

Yeah some of the maps look like they're from 10 years ago w/their repeating textures, it's a shame they had to tone down the settings so much. I enjoyed DS2 but as far as it's maps went, a lot of its zones were essentially glorified corridors however unique they were in terms of aesthetics and feel. Having shortcuts to wrap around to feels a lot more organic than heading straight forward non-stop whether it's just wrapping around to the same bonfire or wrapping around bridging zones.

Everyone rags on harvest valley for the elevator to a lava lake (one of my favorite zones in any of these games based on asthetic alone) but turning around before Mytha and seeing just a huge open lovely space filled with a repeated brick texture was awful. They could have filled it with some spinny gears or draped cloth or anything and it would have looked better

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Great lightning spear is a worthy upgrade but as far as I could tell Sunlight spear kinda blows

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Internet Kraken posted:

Are any of the scythes actually worth a drat in PvP? Like not top tier but maybe good enough to invade with without constantly wishing you were using anything else.

I've heard corvian isnt bad if youre running a lucky bleed build

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Just solo'd Oceiros \[T]/

He really is a cool fight, fighting him with a slow weapon really made it a lot more methodical and by the time I got everything down it felt more like putting down a sick dog rather than fighting a twenty foot dragon man

Spooky Bear Ghost fucked around with this message at 06:51 on May 11, 2016

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Viperix posted:

Lay down is the best gesture yet.

Slav squat supremacy

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I continuing the game grumps playthough and after Wolnir they decided to go with the holy sword, rather than black fire snake, despite having started as pyromancer. Also he has no idea what burning bone shards does, and he still has two or three estus set as blue despite never using weapon arts or spells :11tea: He also swapped out his dark sword, which he called "loving awesome" for Wolnirs and now its taking him longer to kill poo poo. I love it. Hes so terrible

Also Arin missed the fire tome in the swamp and is now in Irithyll and still using fireball :v:

Spooky Bear Ghost fucked around with this message at 23:42 on May 11, 2016

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

turtlecrunch posted:

Is Game Grumps funny, seeking replacement for the hole left by Ds Nutz.

its an acquired taste, I like them, but they can easily come off as super annoying to some people

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Lotish posted:

If you get more hyper armor based on weight, then...that's kind of ugh.

Is the +poise ring from previous games still in? I forget.

Yeah its from the wolf covenant :v:

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

TaurusOxford posted:

Not possible.

in NG*

*though getting it to work in NG+ and beyond is like solving a rubicks cube with 7 sides in a pitch black room

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Fought the champ while using a slow weapon, he slammed me, lifted me, then just loving back kicked me while I was flying through the air and killed me. loving awesome. Wish I could use his punching moveset :smith:

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Digirat posted:

Oh god dammit now I'm gonna have to give up a permanent upgrade for the pig shield aren't I well here we go

They just need to bring back the iron boar head from DS1 in a DLC

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Yeah I'm glad that audio got cut because thats loving disgusting and really doesnt add anything to the game

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Whenever I purpleboy I walk up to the host, wave at him, then run off and start killing stuff for free souls

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
If any of you are hankering for a lets play, Criken is doing one with Vaati and bedbananas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzWWoG0C1ns

Later on he ends up with Boulder vomit and absolutely annihilates Morne with it somehow. I kinda want to do a boulder vomit build now

Spooky Bear Ghost fucked around with this message at 21:18 on May 15, 2016

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

mastershakeman posted:

But in 2 you could repair a ring of sacrifice for like 5k souls, so while tedious it meant deaths meant nothing until you were struggling on a boss (I've still never beaten fume Knight or iron passage)

I made the mistake of popping the one in highwall on and then I died and it saved a whopping 2,500 souls :v:

Now I have a fistful of them that I'll never use, because if they're onetime use, they're worthless to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

DoubleCakes posted:

Is the Warden Twinblade supposed to do sick bleed damage? Because I just got a pair and they're not as good as my Sellsword Twinblades (which I started with and have been great weapons from the get-go).

Carthus rouge, hollow infusion, 40 luck