Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Edmond Dantes posted:

It's mostly a hitbox issue I think. The worst offender by far is Smelter Demon, but there's a lot things that feel like bullshit going on:

This is just the price you pay for the cohesive story with well thought out world design

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

OutofSight posted:

https://youtu.be/Z2lT-YiyQBU?t=7m

Not the leap attack ->cancel ->roll combo i was searching for, but the undead purgatory ugs phantom gets twitchy enough.
I will try to find some other stuff later, so please bear with me.
It's funny that I can't tell if this is intentional behavior that's just buggy(the 'staggered by deflection' period was reduced for added difficulty, but they never changed the deflection animations to reflect that), or if it's just a normal bug, E.g., only staggered for 1/10th the intended time.

Either way is dumb enough to be plausible

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Iretep posted:

DS1 poise was garbage mostly because it made the whole backstab meta actually viable. If you brought it back into ds3 youd get that again where people just poise through your attacks to get to your back for a stab. So if you like backstabs being the main attack then sure bring back DS1 poise.

Bring back poise

Don't bring back backstabs

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
We can only hope that they arbitrarily port DkS3 mechanics so full havels is also fastroll and benefits from DWGR

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

skasion posted:

Cross-region matchmaking just means you can play with Japanese. There’s only two regions, Japan and not Japan. If you’re in the US and have cross-region disabled the game will still just as happily match you up with a guy in Australia as it will with a guy down the street.

Can't believe the Netcode is a meta-commentary on how FromSoft sees the community

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Can't believe From keeps including this mechanic that was never meant to be used

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
It's not the true experience if you see bloodstains or soapstone notes

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Look, part of the vision for Dark Souls was no one outside Japan playing it having a solid 500ms of latency between you and the phantom and just playing around that limitation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
"A punishment instead of a bonus" could have been a pull quote on the box