Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Xenolalia posted:

okay, weird solution, but I hadn't been summoned as Darkmoon the whole game but suddenly I'm just waiting in Dragon Peak I've received 5 in a row.

I was trying to learn PvP and invasions the past two nights (Lvl 89), but was getting drowned in darkmoon counter-invasions in the catacombs and Champ Gung. Final area is probably a safe bet too.

Instead I shall remain bad at PvP and just co-op/PvE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Nuebot posted:

Wow at 50STR and 18DEX the Fume UGS and Black Knight UGS do the same damage. The Black Knight weapon, however, has a way better move set and is faster.

Desire to BKUGS intensifying!

The FUGS is horrible for PvP because of that slow predictable moveset, but pretty good for Sunbroing when there are other guys to distract while you charge R2 to stun some bitches. I've been toying with other STR weapons on that character.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Is there an infinite loading screen bug if you're summoned? Stuck in a loop watching item description cards go by and figuring they didn't code a time-out function if the summon does indeed fail after fading to black.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Started a Pyro and have been sunbroing for Tree Nuts and Big Hat Sage.

Tonight I twice encountered the bug where the Sage was unkillable. Both times I'm pretty sure it happened because the real one dipped out when there were illusions still on the field, and the illusions didn't despawn.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Still messing around with a Pyro for my second character.

So, does messing around with the dark sign mean you have to spend all game looking like dusty beef jerky? I'm using a guide because I'm weak, btw.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

WaltherFeng posted:

You can cure Dark Sign with a key item (Though this will piss off the hollow NPC merchant) or you can purchase a ring that makes you look human.

Well I wanna keep the Dark Sign, so I'm not going to give that item to that npc to cure it. The ring I didn't know about, so that answers my question. Thanks.

Andrast posted:

I just got great chaos fire orb on my pyromancer

:stare:

I need to go hunting for more pyromancy. I'm up to Watchers and trying to sunbro a bit for practice before I spend an hour dying to it as host or solo.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I'd just like to say that being a Sunbro for a caster is horrible and I don't recommend it.

"No, no. It's fine. I'll just do everything while you stand so far away from the boss that your little soul arrows all miss by planetary trajectory margins."

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Add me to the Siegward immediatey died club.

He got one shot off, but otherwise stood still while I could not for the life of me draw the agro away :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Mazerunner posted:

Don't lock on, and stand close to but in front of his head

I actually did use lock-on for my melee guy, but kept dashing-R2 distance away for a quick smash if needed. Easier to dodge all of the melee, but harder to dodge the flame breath until you recognize the wind up.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Ometeotl posted:

I don't know why killing the green dragon's hand parasite kills it and sends the white one into a coma, I'll take it.
I arrowed the other from the bridge instead on my first playthrough and the results were mirrored.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Is the Storm-dudes main gimmick really to gently caress up my camera and then fire-breath-oneshot me from outside visual range?
Yup.

Tracula posted:

I will never, ever beat Ancient Dragon on principal alone

Then you should just look online and see the AI manipulation someone figured out. It's pretty sad how simple they made it.

Nearing the end on my Pyro. Holy ballsweat is ChampGung anti-caster! Luckily I've got a Chaos Hand Axe+9 for mobs and backup, but I wasted a good 10 minutes having casts interrupted while my intestines were ripped out by double dashes and leap strikes until I gave up trying to nuke him with Chaos Orbs.
Alternatively I hosed my stats hard and needed more points in Dex so I'd cast faster.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Somehow beat the game as a lvl80 Pyro. 21Vit, 30/30 Int/Fth, scattered other stats. My Chaos Hand Axe+9 was 100% garbage in the last fight sadly. Not that the 80 part is some challenge, just people in here kept saying it was an average cut-off for the covenants in NG.

The goddamn fire/dark clutch rings were needed depending on Chaos/Dark orbs, and the damage amp to you really sucked the entire time.

Also, the debuff countdowns that kept appearing after travels/respawns went away when I put the Fleshbite Ring in the item box. I took it back out, but they still haven't returned -yet-.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Tallgeese posted:

Wait, that guy wasn't LuceChrome, was it?

Is it time for confession, my son?

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

TheMopeSquad posted:

Assuming its the same fire that usually gets missed, you start at the first bonfire then run directly forward and a little to the right through the deep poison water. There's one of those tree-wielding giant deer assholes right next to the ramp up.
As a further PSA just because they are assholes: Basic pyromancy busts them down to kindling right quick.

Had fun crying on IRC until I got mad and threw some low-level fire their way.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
If you happen to give a certain NPC an item that is said to drive that NPC crazy, I have good news.
Just ignore the items in the shop and proceed accordingly, the NPC returns the tome(s?) to you so that you can give it to the correct NPC later.

Currently sitting quietly at the Kiln and wondering if I'll get a bluecop summon ever at level 80. Spoiler: already know I won't.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
eBushido is officially one of the most retarded gaming metas ever and it only gets dumber as it's allowed to continue:

Oh look, we can get a kill, fellow co-invader. Or you can just stop all of a sudden and enter one of the sitting gestures while everyone else gangbangs each other... yea. PS: gently caress you.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I used a bow both times to pull the visible one, then the one around the corner to the left. Both times after Cinder.

First time was with a FUGS, 3 hits each I think. Second time was with chaos fire orbs. I was L80-L89 both times

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Am I reading this right that my L35/+6 can invade up to L55/+9 weapon?

Also I'm terrible at PvP and am still amazed at how often people have "connection issues" if they're losing or outnumbered, or tired of sitting next to the bonfire because I put my controller down to watch Netflix on my other monitor.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Well I got my 30 vertebrae being a purple pussy in the swamps (L35/+6weapon). I am terrible and that took forever.

Things learned:

You can invade the upper swamp while they're pretty much on the ladder down or in the lower swamp. Also this is the best time to use the sleep emote, pop up the UI so you can go to your other monitor without alt-tab and wait for them to run out of regen and moss in a giant poison swamp.

You can't Way of the Blue invade into some magical new color combo, you just red invade for tongues. But I guess not everyone knows to use a torch in the graveyard to the Cathedral, so you just annoy people while they bleed to death chasing after you.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Harrow posted:

So the King of the Storm's fly-up-and-breathe-fire move is undodgeable, right?

The animation is really distinct and the tail hangs vertical without swaying. So If you see the tail straight down and feather-whatevers doing a fan flap, just sprint away so the tail stays in the middle of your screen and it should miss.

Then as soon as it ends, you can probably run back and get a whack in around landing.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

redreader posted:

1: is it possible for the ... princes? fight, to use the elevator as a shortcut to them from the dragonslayer armour? It only ever goes down :(

Two-car elevator like the one at the giant's tower in the Undead Settlement. Hit it and hop off if you already got the slab at the bottom.

E:

Szcwczuk posted:

I had to go out and do some stuff anyway, once on got home I hosed off. It's just funny I shut down 2 peoples game by going AFK and leaving the house for over half an hour.

I watched a bunch of Twin Peaks this week due to that.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Szcwczuk posted:

They buy a PVP game, play online then hide at the bonfire all game when they get invaded. People are weird.

You misread, I was the invader...

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Azazell0 posted:

I wonder how many people actually buy DS3 for PVP. I sure didn't.

I didn't either, but I still spent the past few gaming sessions as an invader anyway. It's fun once you embrace that you'll lose most of the time, but can be a total dick for a few minutes. Or you can practice parrying and die really fast to whiffs.

Alternatively I used a Giant Seed on one invader and found a crappy hiding place. He ran around for 10-15 minutes clearing the upper swamp for me while I just sat in the sleep position not moving and watching the health bars around the map. I think that guy ran right by me actually.

However now I'm really frustrated with lag and watching myself get hit from 2-3 sword lengths away.

Szcwczuk posted:

So was I, I'm just saying if they play online they should expect and have fun with invaders not just hide at the bonfire. If I get invaded I often get upset but I still try fight my invaders 1v1 if I die my host can have a shot at him. 60% of people I invade will never leave the bonfire and that means they can chain summon their buddy over and over I wont fight there.
Ah, the one who starts out winning the fight, begins losing, and suddenly starts to summon every phantom he can in hopes they pop up before he dies :jerkbag:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

ElBrak posted:

Ya none of that changed anything.

Walking into that area drops me from 45+fps to 4fps as it loads the area. Is your computer straining itself and passing out?

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Symbol of Avarice? My second character has 2 of them and I've only killed maybe 5 of the Mimics :shrug:

This game is cruel as hell.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Metanaut posted:

There's no way to hit him when they're both standing, right?

Nah, you can. But it's harder to stay behind both of them solo and easier in co-op when one person gets focused and the other(s) push his butthole in.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Something something lore, something something Japanese developer: Samsara

Levels/layers of existence, levels of deity, etc.

Okay, someone who actually studies this stuff confirm/deny while I go see how far I can get on my L40 jerky man.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Mazerunner posted:

incredibly untrue

Dunno about the starting white branch part, but I just tested this by standing underneath arrow fire and took zero damage or knockback from arrows landing on or around me, even when I was using an estus.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Well I've taken my level 40/Weap+6 (meant to be 35, but I screwed up Yoel/Yuria and took 5 more that I probably needed) character to Nameless King and Cinder somehow. Haven't bothered with either yet--too scary.

Hardest bosses so far: Dragon Armoire, Hawkboner the Truest Dragonkin, and generic Lothric Knights.
Cheated on: Dancer

Needed to +3 my Ithyrial sword for Armoire, otherwise used a Fire Longsword+6 and a Dark Sword+6 for 99% of the time.

Got my 30 vertebrae L35-L40/+6 in the swamp, and just got 3 quick summons (one of which connection failed) for Aldritch as soon as I wandered into Anor Londo. Though someone earlier said they were getting quick hits at L65/+? too. Oh, and I ran around for most of the past 2 days with Watchdogs on and got maybe 2 summons the entire time :jerkbag:

E:

:shobon:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I can't tell if it's lag or if Aldritch changes his attack pattern during co-op.

Probably lag: whirlpool appearing in one spot, 1-2 second delay, he pops up anywhere else, totally ignoring the usual pattern of corner to corner.

Not sure if lag: He casts whirlpool, but instead snakes around or slams down with his scythe at the normal point when he'd hop down his little transdimensional wormhole. It's rather abrupt and really punishes trying to get in 2-3 more hits before the port.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

codo27 posted:

I think I win the screenshot contest

You can see it happen if you skip to about 45:30 here

Straight link for future reference: https://www.twitch.tv/codo33/v/64421599?t=45m30s

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

I did this to the one outside of the Dungeon bonfire. But I thought it'd start doing Sif's half-assed attacks if I waited any longer

:smith:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

GulagDolls posted:

I dunno if you just stand all up in his groin it seems like he never hits you

Nah, taint punching is still risky from the spin moves.

But saddling up next to his scrotum and repeatedly bashing it with cold steel is the best way I've found to avoid the other 90% of his attacks.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

VocalizePlayerDeath posted:

That's Dark Souls 3 for you.

It's the new worst Soulsbourne like we all knew it would be.

Also broken record comment time: Siegward for me just gets beat to death for me. However I'm gonna try for a 3rd time pretty soon--fourth character, 2nd Dancer glitch run. Just not sure what sort of build to go as this time yet.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Toiwat posted:

Come on, you don't need to die to Yhorm. The moment you do two-digit damage to a boss, you know FROM's trying to pull some weird poo poo. Pick up the suspicious item in the boss' arena and bone out.

Actually the problem was I was panicking the first few times I got to him. I ran around, picked up the item at some point and was too busy escaping his smash to read the item's name or get a good look at the picture because that little box annoyed me and I got rid of it ASAP :smith:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
The Humble Monthly reminded me I still hadn't played either DLC episode. So I fired it up on my new motherboard/CPU to find that the game deleted all of my saves. The saves were there a few days before on the old hardware, but on launch it decided to wipe them and overwrite the file immediately. Thanks, bro.
No, I didn't format the drive, I swapped the guts, plugged everything back in and Win10 was all sunshine and rainbows (which terrified me in its own way).

SO! Now I'm starting all over with an AGI character instead of my usual STR+greatsword. Having not played in 1-2 years I'm atrocious with memories of being able to time a parry... it's quite frustrating. Also I don't like the playstyle of AGI builds very much I'm realizing.

But I'm up to Santa's Village and will eventually get to the Pontiff. On that note, I am so not looking forward to relearning the timing on that parry. gently caress :smithicide:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

What the heck is an AGI build?

Oops, meant DEX.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

The Missing Link posted:

Someone post the .jpg of the guy with the full set with the name White Power because I sure as poo poo ain't googling that.

Okay, here you go:
(search string: "dark souls 3 white power")

kilinrax posted:

The first one is easy, start your parry when his sword is at clockface noon.

The standout fun weapons for Dex builds are the Warden Twinblades early game and the Gotthards late game. So I'd kind of suggest farming the Wardens if you have a decent set of discovery gear and aren't enjoying your setup.

Been using a rapier that I picked up on the ground somewhere after I got furious at the sellsword twinblade moveset during Deacons.

After opening all the one-way doors I farmed some mooks at the start of Santa's Village for large titanite to get the +6 upgrade.
Runs 1-4: 0 parries - 0 hits, I died like the guys storming Normandy Beach at the very beginning of Saving Pvt. Ryan; confused and wide-eyed.
Run 5: One parry, panicked, died mashing roll like I just found out there was a button there on my controller.
Run 6: His first leap--PARRY! I get hit once, heal, pause, PARRY, PARRY, he summons his shadow buddy, PARRY! PAAA--Oh, he's dead.

Not used to DEX builds. Each one did 653 damage :aaa:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Kaubocks posted:

ah, hadn't put together that it's always the diagonal so i was getting pelted by tons of purple darts trying to make it over to him

While you've probably beaten it by now.

I spent the evening being a Sunbro for that fight. Before I finally got around to murdering him in his crib because I spent a metric John Goodman of souls overleveling with my bounty. It's the same story as most bosses: the hard part is learning which animation leads to what attack when getting hit does 40%+ damage to you. Oh and not being greedy when the whirlpool AoE signals.

The little homing blips mostly punish you for healing (or standing still and wondering why the hell the host player is still doing absolutely nothing after you dodged and baited all of the attacks for 1-2 minutes straight).

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Someone needs to clear this up for me before I get a ban from just alt+f4'ing out of the game repeatedly.

Can you get invaded while sitting at bonfire the same way you can be summoned to assist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Tarezax posted:

Yes. It will make you stand up automatically when you're getting invaded.

Well that's really annoying.

The last invader, like almost all of them, had serious lag. Roughly minimum half-second delay between any hits registering. And he got a parry while I was tapping a rapier R1 in his face between the 3rd and 4th face stab that he was reeling back from until the sudden moment I was being counter-stabbed dead.

I like messages on the floor, but I'm sorely close to playing in offline mode to avoid this poo poo.

E:

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

No. Sitting at a bonfire makes you immune to invasions after an early patch. The only thing that should kick you out of a bonfire menu is if an enemy gets too close. You can also get kicked out if the invasion starts JUST as you're sitting down, and before the sitting protection is applied, though.

This is more what I figured. And it would explain the awful lag.