Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
DS3 ran great on my machine for four hours tonight, but I tried to summon a bunch of times and all of them failed immediately :\

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Traxis posted:

Found a sword that causes frostbite (slow) on hit. Game owns.

I had a Raw Battle Axe and changed it to a Fire Battle Axe. I can't recommend it.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Notorious QIG posted:

Question about the second boss in the game:

So I was co-oping with someone else and we fought Dancer of the Boreal Valley, which horribly murdered me. Then playing on my own when I got there I said "gently caress that" and turned the other way and killed some other dude Of The Boreal Valley. That ended in a dead-end, so I turned around and went back to the Dancer who... wasn't there, just some old lady who gave me a banner that took me further into the game. What gives? Do you only have to kill one or the other? Did I lock myself out of a fight?

Anywho overall review after ~4 hours, the game is absolutely incredible. PS4 framerate is a little iffy, especially when fighting goop monsters. I'm a big fan of the fact that they seem to have copied the Bloodborne mechanic of having a bonfire spawn in the boss room on victory.

Huh. I fought Voldt first and never saw the Dancer. Hope I'm not locked out too...

e: already answered. thread moves 2fast4me

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Notorious QIG posted:

Except that was another weird thing.

So there were two phantoms, me and someone else. The host entered the dancer's chamber and we couldn't follow until the boss was initiated. The host also couldn't leave until he initiated. Obviously I don't know what he did in there, but maybe he had to kill the woman to trigger the boss fight? So weird

I ran a couple of rounds as a summon vs. Treenuts and it was much the same. The host had to run in and start on the pissant mobs and trigger the boss before summons could enter

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Notorious QIG posted:

Well no that's not surprising, it's always been similar in Souls games: you have to trigger the fight for your summons to enter. Same applies, for example, to Rom and jumping in the lake in Bloodborne. My specific question is if there is no way to leave the Dancer boss room after entering if you have summons short of killing the woman and starting the fight.

I guess most fights trigger on entry, never dealt with a huge delay like that before.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Tamayachi posted:

Huh, I did not know this.

Me either. That will be helpful

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
I needed some magic resistance for the Crystal Sage and the combo amused me. Incidentally, gently caress phase 2 Crystal Sage.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Panty Saluter fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Apr 13, 2016

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Internet Kraken posted:

Rings of sacrifice don't seem to preserve your embered status. That sucks.

I don't think they preserved humanity in the previous games either...?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

RBA Starblade posted:

Are the servers dead? No summons, no summon signs, no invasions.

Also wow the game gets a lot harder on a hdtv compared to the monitor. Nice one second input lag there. Also I just realized that the Knight's armor starts with what might as well be zero poise. It has failed to let me attack through everything, including a tiny lil' rat. Interesting trick compared to the last two games. Also lmao the big rat just doesn't give a gently caress if you're blocking.

e: What is weak to deep? Should I care about the deep battle axe or go in on my claymore? I have a longsword and broadsword +1 but found no further titanite.

Are you streaming to the TV? Does it have a game mode? If there's no game mode, are there any motion interpolation or other post processing that can be turned off? Unless your HDTV is very old (more than a few years, mine is a 2011 Samsung) there should never be anywhere near that much lag.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

RBA Starblade posted:

It's hooked directly to the pc through a hdmi cable, but it's meant to work with the PS4, not the pc. I didn't expect it to do great and I'm not that bothered it didn't, since DS2 did dismally, I just thought it was funny. I'm mostly just going to play on PC regardless.

Input lag is input lag, PS4 or PC should have no effect on that. Unless the settings are different between inputs (very possible).

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Hey man, that headless gently caress is scary when you first see him :colbert:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

RBA Starblade posted:

I had to fiddle with some things to get it to not overheat my Big Boy cpu, so idk. I'm not too concerned either way, it plays perfectly on the regular monitor. Mostly I'm just annoyed at how little poise I have and how much poise everything else in the game has. Even using the claymore's stomp isn't enough to get an attack off if they already are. :argh:

Still not sure how to deal with pvpers who just roll and circle strafe either. Most weapons are too slow to catch up compared to DS1 and 2.

I meant the settings on your TV :v:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Popehoist posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ230TFlzqM

What the gently caress are these hitboxes? C'mon FROM.

Yeah I got grabbed when I was (visually) just out of an enemy's grasp. :darksouls:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Dezztroy posted:

Not a huge fan of the areas in this game so far. High Wall and Settlement were good and fun but Road of Sacrifices/Farron Keep and Catacombs are both terrible. Tedious and ugly. The area after the Catacombs is nicer to look at but the enemies are a real pain to fight.

I thought Road of Sacrifices was quite pretty :shrug:

As far as pulling enemies one at a time, isn't that what you do in Souls when you don't want to get your fool head stove in?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

I find DS2 to be pretty easy compared to this one. cant speak for SotFS though

SotFS Mixed up enemy placement and is harder in some regards, but IIRC the items are doled out more generously as well.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Dark Souls 3 seems to be the first time From have figured out "difficulty curve, not difficulty cliff face" :v:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

MrLonghair posted:

How many zones in are you? (Tabs on the warp menu) Because :getin:

3 or 4? I mean my point stands, the first few area are a pretty good gradual increase in difficulty instead of being completely loving opaque like DS1

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

il serpente cosmico posted:

Tying online play to weapon level in addition to soul level was a good idea. It accomplishes what the designers wanted to accomplish with soul memory without being stupid and bad.

Is poise helpful enough to shoot for specific amounts, or do enemies do enough poise damage to make it not even worth worrying about?

So this is why I'm 2 for 2 in DS3 invasions and 0 for 130 in DS1 :v:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Internet Kraken posted:

The next area is filled with redneck zombies in a swamp.

trying to sodomize you with their big sticks :heysexy:

~*~Deliverance Souls~*~

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

turtlecrunch posted:

ahahahahahahahaaaa

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Harrow posted:

You probably haven't reached the cliff face yet. :v:

Maybe not, but my point is that the cliff face isn't right after the loving tutorial area

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Bardeh posted:

Apart from the graphics, the first thing that really strikes you as an improvement over the first two games is the amazing sound design. Those big snake zombies in the first zone after Firelink really loving freak me out with the horrific sounds they make.

Yeah, the crucified zombies are pretty freaky as well.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Marogareh posted:

I'm convinced the thrall axe doesn't exist at this point. I've killed a million of those fuckers and they drop everything but the axe. I just want to Bloodborne it up :negative:

summon me and you can have it, one dropped at random for me with no effort :v:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

double nine posted:

I need help. In firelink, passed the 20000 souls key door, there is a bridge before an elevator. Looking down the side you can see this shiny. How the hell do you get there?

I got the item on the other side no problem but this one is annoying. Every jump I try to make I end up sliding off and plunging to my death.

look in the shadows :ssh:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Also is there any word on an aspect raio unlock? I have pixels just going to waste now

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
https://twitter.com/dilinaga/status/720371584180076544

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Everyone is going on about how easy the Crystal Sage is and yet it is one of the ones I have found it hardest to solo

same for me, i may go back and wander around some more seeing as people are talking about things i have apparently missed

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Start thinking about upgrades if you haven't already. I came to her after Abyss Walkers and was quite overpowered with the weapon I had.

yeah i commented on your video :v:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Zotix posted:

Is this game as dog poo poo on PC as I'm reading?

nah

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Cyberventurer posted:

I made my first character and successfully managed to push his nose behind his eyes. :)

I'm more impressed by the heterochromia.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

8-bit Miniboss posted:

From the anecdotal evidence, it's affecting those mostly who don't start as Knights and have high lighting on.

For me, I started as Knight and have max settings. No crashes in the 15~ hours I've played.

Edit: I'm using i7-3770K, 970GTX.

I started as a warrior, everything maxed. Only issue I'm seeing is the occasional hitch on disk access (even with an SSD). Annoying but not a deal breaker.

i5 4670k, GTX 970

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Just play. Explore and have fun and prepare to die.

This. The best thing to do in ANY Souls game is to just run around and find weird poo poo and not worry about progressing for its own sake.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

Road of Sacrifice has my least favorite enemy ever now.

fuckin hate screaming flying monkies JESUS CHRIST AND THEIR WINGS BURST OUT OF THEM WHAT THE gently caress

Don't worry, it gets better worse

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Vikar Jerome posted:

is there a new patch? im downloading a 108mb file on steam...

also a bunch of other random games are scheduled for download too? i've never seen this many games suddenly require an update before at once

Yeah I just got a bunch too. Restarted and DS3 started loading

who is to say?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

a cop posted:

1v2'ing in this game is so loving fun. The Astora Sword (or general sword) moveset fucks poo poo UP. The lunge for rollers and upward slash for people with shields + a mana estus or two just wrecks people.

I'm going to be swamp bro invading for a long rear end time. Gonna try to max out that covenant while the going's hot.

The Battle Axe is proving to be loving phenomenal for me. Big staggers, good range and speed, also I have more stam than people expect and keep slashing when they think I'm about to stop :getin:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Wow, that turbo-headgrab super murder move used by the screechy bird people in Farron Keep isn't bullshit or anything.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Nuggan posted:

Man, why is everyone complaining about Abyss walkers, theres like 3 dudes and I just rocked the one guy while the other two were fighting him, super ea.... :stare: Oh... well, poo poo....

same

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Nuggan posted:

Second try :smug:

Well I've only tried once so there's still a chance :v:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Just found Wolnir. :stare:

Adbot