Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Microwaves Mom posted:

Hey all,

I'll be streaming this game Tuesday Night at 10pm CST doing a Milk Shot Challenge.

I'm going into the game completely Blind.

-Everytime I die that's 2 shots of milk I drink.
-If I die consecutively without recovering my souls I have to drink 4 shots.
-If I get invaded and die that's 3 shots NPC or Player.
-Everytime I swear that's a shot.

Also I plan on giving away a free copy of the game for playstation 4 on Friday night. So tune in for sure if you want a shot at that and for some reason haven't ordered the game yet.

Twitch stream can be found here:
https://www.twitch.tv/sadvega/

:rip: Here lies Mircowaves Mom, killed by Milk"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Just hard locked at the first Bonfire :ohdear:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

ZionestLord posted:

Turn Lighting to low in the graphics options. I was crashing constantly, turned Lighting to low and have had zero crashes since. Hope it works for you.

Will do! Thanks!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
*Fast rolls up to a hallow six times and backstabs it.*

This GAME :allears:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Minrad posted:

I completely botched my build and I've spent two hours throwing my carcass into the meat grinder that is Cathedral of the Deep in search of the respec lady. :qq:

Maybe putting down the controller after a literal 12 hour binge and sleeping will let me come at it with a clear mind.

Yeah taking a break even for a little bit should help. I play like absolute poo poo if I get too sleepy

Intoluene posted:

Most of my summons as a purple spirit have been people after a duel. Except that one guy who thought I was a friend :unsmigghh:

But seriously, a purple spirit can also kill a red phantom if you know you've been invaded. Moundmakers don't care who they kill. They just want to kill someone

Oh that's what those signs are for! I wanted to hit one to find out but they keep disappearing on me. Gonna have to join them and rep the Row

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Apr 12, 2016

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Infinity Gaia posted:

Edit: Plus at one point I managed to have 2 purple spirits, a blue cop and an invader in my game at once. Now THAT was a fun clusterfuck, because the only two people who weren't aggro to each other were me and the blue cop, and the only person not aggro to the enemies was the invader. Was a really hectic fight that ended up going all across the map, with a lot of traps and running away.

Turtlicious posted:

Where do I get cracked red eye orbs? Also I had the most amazing fight tonight, there was a Sentinel, two purple dudes and we just fought all over the loving map and it was amazing. I lost but it was still fun omg.

:tinfoil:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
So I'm stuck atm. After the crucifixion area there's the graveyard leading up to the side of a cathedral. Is there another bonfire after the chapel or am I stuck fighting up this roof?

I keep getting my poo poo pushed in up there.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Regy Rusty posted:

You need to cross the roof but there's a shortcut ladder very close by so you don't need to go through the graveyard again. This place is filled with shortcuts that keep leading you back to the chapel bonfire so just keep pressing on.

I'll keep an eye out. I kept dying last night because I was running out of estus, but I've since found like three more shards this morning so I might be more equipped to tough it out.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Toriori posted:

where do I first encounter our old friend and trickster Patches?

So I met him after buying the 20k key and while I was on my way back down the tower.
On my second play through it didn't happen and I'm not sure if it's cos I did it immediately before Vordt. Might have been too early?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Jerusalem posted:

Nah I didn't go up there till after that and nothing happened, but I went back today while just messing about and it happened.

I'll keep checking in on him. The first time I was so mad. Tricked by fuckin patches AGAIN :argh:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
My entire second character is devoted to cosplaying Solaire, which is going pretty well except I have no idea where to get a Giant Seed. None are- spoilered just in case growing on the giant tree next to Firelink for me

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Internet Kraken posted:

Same. Apparently there's supposed to be this really funny scene with the later but it completely broke in my game so he never appeared there. :shrug:

Giant's seeds are tied to invasions. You have a chance to get one after each invasion you go through. Rub the dry finger on your face.

Try finger but hole

Got it

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Well I just got Married :stare:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Andrast posted:

I'm happy for you

The romance options in this game are GREAT

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
So uh... I own the season pass, but not...any DLC

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Nephthys posted:

I had to toggle Ashes off and on again in the DLC box to get it to install.

Ashes isn't in anyone's DLC box if they bought the season pass instead. you can toggle the season pass on and off but there's no files attached to it.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Ended up unlocking some time before midnight, phew. Glad I dont have to worry about it now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Nuebot posted:

So now that the DLC is up, I decided to reinstall this and play. But now my dual shock 4 won't work. It worked when I last played, none of the fixes I find online work anymore. Anyone have any solutions on what I can do to play this loving game again without having to resort to the god awful keyboard controls?

Have you somehow uninstalled\ not tried DS4windows?

This DLC is really reminding my of a recurring nightmare I'd have as a child were I'd be hunted by wolves in the forest at night. The atmosphere is great so far