Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I need the next 27 hours to move the hell along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

What the gently caress how am I still waiting for this game gently caress this poo poo.

Gimme that sweet sweet Herald action. Wanna throw some lightning bolts right in everyone's face and then chop them up real good.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I'm surprised whenever a chest ISN'T a mimic.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

So I had two summons and went to fight (late-game spoiler) Dragonslayer Armour for the very first time, and right outside the fog door, I got a big ol' message saying "HEIR OF FIRE DESTROYED" and the spoils from the boss. I know it's a hard fight but I feel a bit ripped off. Fighting him as a summon just doesn't bring the same satisfaction.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

gently caress those Princes. I can't solo them. My summons always die. The fight doesn't seem that difficult in theory, but boy golly it's been the worst one for me yet.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

Wait now the elevator won't even go up, it keeps going back down to a titanite slab. How do I fix this?

Run across the button and off the elevator. It'll go down without you and you can get back to the "main" lift.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Harrow posted:

Never lock on when fighting a dragon in a Souls game. Never ever ever.

You do when you're trying to Sunlight Spear it right in the head. Sometimes I can land several in a row and sometimes they all miss. This is the last boss for me! Just die!

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Is summoning so hosed for Nameless King because everyone needs help there? It was taking me 5+ minutes to get past "Unable to Summon Phantom" last week. It was worse than trying to summon on release night.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Sellsword Twinblades are hilariously overpowered. I'm doing my first shieldless run (something I only did up to O&S in DS1 because I always lose motivation to finish the game after them) and they make it trivial. I just treat the game like Bloodborne and almost everything is trivial.

This game is also a lot less linear than I felt like it was on my first run. You can really take your time and make a lot of choices once you get to the Crucifixion Woods. I beat the Crystal Sage with +7 Twinblades (my first time soloing him AND beating on the first try) and just took out the Deacons at +8 (having soloed the Dancer for the first time and beating her before the first three Lords). Yes, the beginning and end of the games are both linear, but you can really take your time to upgrade your weapons.

Plus doing a pure Dex build means I was able to level up my HP and stamina a lot early on. Overall it's definitely been my favorite build. And I built it after my gf so she gets to choose all the fashion souls :3:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

lite_sleepr posted:

Is there a reason to stay at SL120 besides metalording? Is SL120 just for pvp and nothing else?

No and yes respectively.