Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
They made waaaaay too many of the Brawl Sticks, so they were dirt cheap for a while. It's not that they were a great stick, they were just a really good stick for the $30 they cost for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hey WWF Wrestlemania was a first rate arcade and PS1 fighting game. The undertaker had ghost Hadokens!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

teh_Broseph posted:

Any tournament play or videos that're especially good to watch of some goofy COTA action? I haven't seen it since I was but a wee babe playing it in the arcade. Cyclops says "Jesus Christ!" when he DPs lol

He clearly says "Jeans MY wife!".

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hobojim posted:

I tried out COTA and Vsav a bit, but nobody was around to play COTA so I just played on my own. That game seems ridiculous, I was trying out Psylocke and split into a bunch of Psylockes at once but didn't know which one was the real me. Seems fun, even if I had no idea what I was doing.

It's based on the punch/kick level you pick. :D

X-Men: COTA I hold such fond memories for as it was the beginning of that series of games. I was a Street Fighter nerd but was a huge comic book nerd as well, and it came out the year I went to college so it was the perfect storm of "HOLY poo poo THIS IS AMAZING". I really wish it had gotten a proper Xbox Live/PSN Re-release like Marvel Super Heroes and Marvel vs. Capcom 1/2. :(

Magneto was a giant dick.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

dhamster posted:

It's the oldest version of sf2 where the boss characters were playable, and mirror matches were allowed. Not sure besides that

And you were hosed if you were a Claw player and got his stage. Wall jump? Nah, might as well just hang on the fence a bit.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The PS3 WWE Brawl Stick works for SF5, right? Just bought it from the Gamefly used sale for $20 and don't really want to invest heavily in a real stick and still have that one I bought on clearance back in the day.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

My friend and I both got SF 5 for the PS4, and I realllly don't want to invest in a new stick. I got the WWE Brawl Stick working, but it just doesn't feel as good as my TE stick. He got this Xbox 360 to PS4 adapter and claims that it works flawlessly. He's also not quite as into fighting games as I was so I don't fully trust him - has anyone here used it and have any feedback about input lag?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

799 including the controls and buttons? I'm assuming not including the monitor.

That's actually not a very bad price considering, especially if they're legit buttons and sticks. "Build a cabinet" has been on my bucket list for years but I'm super lazy.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

dragon enthusiast posted:

It looks bad visually but the campaign seems as hilariously hammy as the first one which makes it a-ok in my book

I wonder if it's just going to ignore the Injustice comics.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I got the free Tekken Tag 2 for Xbox and see a recommended item to purchase is the online pass - I'm assuming that's still needed and they didn't do away with the requirement?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

AndyElusive posted:

I hope Paul Phoenix breaks the fourth wall and says to Akuma, "Nice ex meter, Fag"

And Kuma says "GRRRR RARRRR RARRRR" *"Your name is too close to mine!"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Brosnan posted:

No Kuma in T7 so far bc Harada hates us and wants us to suffer

Dias posted:

well there's already a kuma

Akuma's ending is him going back to the dojo and takes off his skin suit, revealing himself to be Kuma all along.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Countblanc posted:

it's truly hell on earth

Hey as a Michigan person I can proudly proclaim that Detroit is no longer the complete cess pool it was 10 years ago. There's a good chunk that is worth hanging out in!

I mean, 80% is still terrifying. But 20% is great!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

In Training posted:

Which is better DMC or SF is a tough one.

Wait DMC or Devil May Cry?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Okay well we can all agree that MvC3 is the perfect game because it blends DMC AND Street Fighter, right?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Follow the Microsoft Model, release Street Fighter 10. Rename Street Fighter V to Street Fighter Vista.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Two questions -

Are there any fighting games from 360 that have online play and backward compatibility with the Xbone?

Also, has anyone ever gotten Fightcade working on a Raspberry Pi? I'm assuming it's not quite powerful enough, but thought I'd ask.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

yo mamma a Horus posted:

i can't wait to see who the next worthless joke character is in marvel4

Daredevil. Your screen goes completely black whenever he's tagged in.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

dangerdoom volvo posted:

this just hit me: ducktales

This is bullshit that Scrooge has a 1f startup pogo hop that crushes everything.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

fadam posted:

We don't actually know that this is a 2d fighter, right?

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNBTTeW0jPw LMAO at how disappointed the crowd sounds when Captain Marvel gets revealed.

Say what you will about the game, the fans are the most over the top excited about every little thing. "MEGA MAN HOLY poo poo" "STOP HIM MEGA MAN!" "OH MY GOD" "THERE IS STUFF ON THE SCREEN!" "RYU CAN THROW A FIREBALL HOLY SHITTTTT"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

PS4 UMvC3 is live

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

fadam posted:

I'm a little pissed they spilled the beans on Mega Man being in the game so early. Half the fun of the MvC3 reveals was watching people get more and more butthurt about him not being in the game.

Hey now, we all know that the reveal trailers aren't going to be nearly as exciting now that they'll be once a month for a new DLC character that costs $5 in fight money.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

fadam posted:

Maybe I'm just part of the problem, but I'd actually kind of like it if this game had a robust DLC plan.

I like it if they are cheap and the starting cast is large to begin with. SF5 infuriates me because of the cost of the characters. I can see $1-$2 being reasonable, or maybe like 3-4 packs for $10, but $5 each seems insane.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I don't know much about Xbox One controller support - is it as lovely as PS4? When UMvC3 comes out on the One I'm not completely against buying a second copy to play with my Xbone friends, but not if I have to buy a whole new stick when my 360 TE is sitting untouched.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I was going to say I used the Brooks adapter to use my 360 stick for SF5, but I was disappointed because I definitely noticed lag online... But that was pre-8 frame intentional lag revelation.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

punk rebel ecks posted:

Like, I'm still trying to process just how bad this game looks so far.

I know it's still a year away but how the hell do you make this game 2 vs 2 and remove assists (do I have this right?, they actually removed assists?) ?

Well, I mean, it's not completely new ground. X-Men vs Street Fighter was 2x2 with no assists, and I played the hell out of it. I didn't play Marvel vs. Street Fighter as much, and didn't even realize it HAD assists until years later on MAME. I actually enjoyed XvSF, but it may just be rose tinted glasses since that was s fun time in my arcade life. But drat if being able to SPD people with Rogue wasn't the most fun thing.

I wouldn't be completely opposed to a slower paced MvC. I'm getting old and holy poo poo revisiting UMvC3 tonight made me realize just how bad my reaction time has gotten. So if anyone is really, really bad at UMvC3 feel free to add me on PSN, Degasa!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Brosnan posted:

*Gets home from Gamestop, eagerly boots up new game, gets to character select screen*

Alright, Wolverine!!

*Game waits expectantly for 2 more choices*

W.. what????

*throws console across room in terror*

That's why MvC2 was so great. You got Bone Wolverine, Metal Wolverine, and Sabretooth!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

You know, I'm excited about MVC∞ mostly because it gives me some small hope that they'll release the rest of the Marvel/X-Men series for PS4 - or at least MvC2 and MvC:Origins. Those are pretty much the only reason I still have my Xbox 360 hooked up, and even then it's so much :effort: to play them.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'm just looking forward to the Taskmaster/Galactus team up.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sort of off topic, but does anyone have any recommendations for a headset I can use for PS4 and the TE2 fightstick? It's a great stick but no input for a wired headset. I know there's there Sony PS4 gold headset, but I don't use it enough to really warrant that cost.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Kuma was my favorite in Tekken 3 for the PlayStation because you could use the Game Genie or whatever it was to swap move sets with different characters. It was so much fun watching Kuma do Eddy's spins, or King's multi throws...Good times.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

When I first saw that I thought this was a new character with a flaming chicken head and a bionic skull arm.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

punk rebel ecks posted:

I want to see a four player Street Fighter instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPRcEBL20zE

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'm a long time SF/Marvel series player but only at the very, very casual (read: I suck) level - I've never been able to get used to using two buttons for dashing rather than double tapping - is there any real disadvantage to doing it that way?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Capcom teases 30th anniversary of Street Fighter surprises!

What could it be???? A DLC character? A different DLC character? Perhaps a classic DLC stage???

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

MvC2 was a super fun game for me and my merry group of people who had no idea about strategy and just liked being able to attack Ryu with Sabertooth.

I remember being super excited about Rogue returning because I wanted to see what moves she could steal with so many options. X-Men vs Street Fighter was great, so much fun doing a SPD with her.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I played Taki because she felt like Nina in Tekken at the time and I loved me some Nina.

Of course we all know Link was the true best character.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Is the upcoming Mad Catz Tekken PS4 stick just a rebrand of the current SF5 one? Google fu isn't working as well as it should.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

its just a TE2+ with different art

Thanks, that's what I thought but a friend is saying it's different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Eddy Gordo is only good in Tekken 3 for the Playstation with a Gameshark/Action Replay whatever it is where you do the code to let Kuma have Eddy's moves.