Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
I don't for one second believe that the Santa thing actually happened, but it's a fun story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Biplane posted:

My grandma told me the year before she died that she low key hosed german soldiers during the occupation of norway in exchange for cigarettes and candy, at 16. Grandma...

My grandpa was a German soldier who spent some time in a Russian prison camp, developed a strong hatred of both fascism and communism, then moved to Australia the first chance he got.

Sadly I didn't hear many stories from him. He didn't really talk about it much unless you directly asked him, and he died when I was too young to appreciate them.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

walrusman posted:

My grandmother was a south Vietnamese child prostitute at the second battle of Antietam when she met my grandfather, who was a 2nd-century Roman centurion whose parents had been devout Shintoists until they were killed by a runaway steam locomotive. Anyway, long story short, I was raised worshiping Xangorp, God-Emperor of Space, and that made for some awkward Christmases, let me tell you!

Sounds plausible.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

Khazar-khum posted:

Civics

Volunteering at a Salvos store / Goodwill and half-assing a few days work didn't occur to him at any point?

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

snergle posted:

why did he move to austrailia if he hated facism?

We still pretended we had a functioning democracy then.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

Last time I encountered Mormon missionaries, a short, polite "no thanks, but you guys have a good one" was all it took.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

Don’t the staff have zero control over the music at most places?

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

Last time I had a dream I thought was worth writing down, it was an idea for a TV show that would have been a combination of The 100 and Battlestar Galactica and probably would have sucked.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

I swear I must be the only one who finds them even slightly interesting.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

That one falls under “almost certainly didn’t happen but anti-maskers would be dumb enough to fall for it if it did”

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

That’s absolutely something I would have said as a 14 year old, but I was a very strange 14 year old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

“Everybody was dying laughing” is the only part of this that I don’t believe.