Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

quote:

I just wasted 10 minutes of my life on this.

How the hell did that take 10 minutes to read? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

The only way you wait less than an hour in Canada is if you're bleeding allover the place.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

A badly placed slap will cause some terrible ringing in the ears. It'd also probably be pretty hard to act if dipshit just slapped the poo poo out of you by accident.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Hardcordion posted:

How exactly do you switch a sleeping person's pajamas without waking them?

With kids that age? It'd be pretty easy. You can pick kids up and carry them around while they sleep.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

dads_work_files posted:

Dungeons and Dragons stories are somehow even worse than people telling you about their dreams.

It took me an embarrassingly long time to figure that poo poo out. Maybe even 17. The only people who want to hear about your D&D character are the people who were there.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

food court bailiff posted:

Who the gently caress is willingly playing in games that are DMed like that? Like....the "got lost in a forest with only one road" thing - who makes players roll to follow a road? People who play nerdgames are so loving dumb 99% of the time.

Lost in a one road forest I can see. "poo poo guys, gently caress this road it winds around forever. Let's just cut across here and we'll be there in no time flat."

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Leavemywife posted:

Does anyone have the Oppa Homeless Style stdh sitting around? That one always gives me a laugh.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

It's a history lesson.
It's an 'istory lesson.

It depends on how you say it.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

After some back and forth, my post was deleted on the grounds that I "insulted other members".

And then everyone dogpiled to call me a libtard and tell me to "temper my dogs"

Woah woah. You may have hurt their feelings. Think about other peoples feelings for once :smith:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

More and more people are figuring out that you can write poo poo like this and then post a screencap on social media, calling for outrage. It's so goddamn annoying.

And it's not just the alt-right screaming "SJW LIEberals!" either, I've seen this crap flying around from all directions. It's a formula for instant likes and shares in your carefully-curated hug garden, and idiots can't resist making it and/or commenting/sharing/retweeting/whatever it.

My biggest complaint about the image in question is that it's never okay to trash books :smith:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

EDIT: Beaten!

I highly doubt that if the teacher had no idea what "hanzo main" meant, she'd have sent a note home about it. Also the source of the note seems like the type that would make poo poo like this up for the clicks/follows alone.

Source in question,
https://twitter.com/abrekke83/status/842513875337695235?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

quote:

Best part is this was the second note. She corrected the teacher that it was Hanzo, not Hanso.

:rolleyes:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Thrifting Day! posted:

Here's a headline

"Goon Fails To Interpret Joke"

This would never happen. Ever. :colbert:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Sure that kid avoided this fight, but come high school he's gonna be wearing his underwear for a hat.

If you do it right, you only have to do it once.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpVOXITW-Xc

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Better than Skweezy Jibbs Jr.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

All my experiences with missionaries suggests that unless the musical is covered in their book there is no way they can turn it into a talking point.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

He's know 12 people who were killed or maimed by seatbelts? How could that even be possible, why would you make up such an obvious lie?

Maybe real terrible drivers hang together?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

life is killing me posted:

Crazy guy using the hilt of a sword to try and cut his wrists, a sword which is not all sharp on the hilt or even the blade because it's fake, doesn't surprise me nearly as much as someone thinking that a fictitious sword would sound right at home with a statue of George Washington.

Why wouldn't a statue of George Washington have a sword? The first thought in my mind is him with a sword.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

Hmm something like this?

:eyepop: :laffo:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

My parents are high level government officials and I could have just had him black bagged :smug:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

This is why I prefer automated checkouts myself. Any time anybody greets me with a smile I break down in tears.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

If someone said it was in a Metal Gear Solid game I'd believe it.

My friend told me about the events leading up to the end of MGS2, and I thought he was full of poo poo. Later that day, we went back to his place and played through it, and my jaw hit the floor. What the christ Kojima.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

[/quote]

Have you ever worked in a kitchen? Because that's a very believable story. That STDH, or STWontH is his boss letting him sack the piece of poo poo employee.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

life is killing me posted:

Joke's on the writer for being willing to wait for ten minutes with no one acknowledging her and then also insinuating that food theft is fine

I mean this didn't happen but lol

I got the impression they left the pizza and the manager was all "Woah, you we made you a pizza, pay for it."

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I have read that thing like six times, and I still have no idea what's going on.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Just send an invoice back billing for 2 hours at $250/h. "Why did you waste my time if I you immediately knew I was underqualified? VCAT has already been notified."

The General
Mar 4, 2007

When I was six, I ate a big rear end glob of wasabi not knowing what it was. All the asians just laughed at me.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Haifisch posted:

"When I am in danger of getting shot, I totally turn into Rambo or John Wick."

Ftfy

The General
Mar 4, 2007

DavidAlltheTime posted:

You didn't notice you were holding a paper tube, then eating a paper tube, and the tube was filled with little bitter bits and a filter? You still ate it?

Kids are loving dumb.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Fathis Munk posted:

They might be happy to explain it but I've heard it all before and no there isn't.

There was this amazing image of one of those word clouds, the ones that represent how often particular words get used on a site, made from a MGTOW forum. No points for guessing what the most used word was.

It was women, duh.

I refuse to believe it wasn't :females:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Ein cooler Typ posted:

my kid is so smart

I dunno how old I was, but I discovered Santa and Easter bunny were the same person because their handwriting was the same.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

quote:

I live in Queens NY where parking is really hard to find. I had my blinker on for 2 minutes in front of the spot but had to move up slightly to let other cars pass. A woman in an enormous red truck tried to steal my spot so I got out of the car and confronted her. She told me to gently caress off and find a new spot (accompanied with the middle finger). I knew her truck was too large and would block the driveway in front of her so I didn't say anything. I went back (after finding a new spot) and called the tow company's number listed on the gate of the driveway. The tow truck came within 20 minutes and towed her truck. I know it's petty, but if she hadn't been so rude I wouldn't have done it.

TL;DR - Woman stole my parking spot, told me to gently caress myself and was blocking a driveway. Got her car towed

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Should be illegal tell your children that they'd be lucky to work at DQ.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

The General
Mar 4, 2007

AlbieQuirky posted:

:thejoke:

He's specifically mocking Tweets from dumbasses who make up political stdh punditry from little kids.

I will hang my head in shame. Because I was obviously not thinking critically when I posted that. :doh:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I like how he found things worth $600.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I'm not a locksmith, but word on the street is that masterlock is the most trash outside of a dollar store lock that doesn't have pins.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I can see that exchange happening. Narcissistic woman and "alpha male" exchanging blows. The true STDH is either side being a winner.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Kevin Palpatine posted:

have fun explaining to your kids what a strap-on is, I guess

"Ehh, I'll tell you when you're older."
Taking babies to the movies is unacceptable though. Both for the crying and the fact it's probably way too loud for their developing ears.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I will admit I didn't go to college, but wouldn't/shouldn't parents stay out of orientation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Zipperelli. posted:

*yawn* No one standing and clapping, no "shocked looks of disbelief" and, most importantly, no Einstein. A lazy attempt at internet points. 0/10.

The types of people who want this kind of attention are loving insufferable.

I like to imagine their eyes gloss over, and they stare off into the distance as they relay what they see. "I see a child..."