Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

eating only apples posted:

These are... 5 and 6 year olds, right? That's kindergarten age? I've worked with kids of that age and yeah no, what?

That's where you call shenanigans? Not that someone can remember that much of kindergarten? I don't even remember what the room of my kindergarten looked like or the teacher or if I ever got in trouble?

I do believe the kid would think his parents would be pissed if he went home with the word "fail" on his forehead though. Only if I were a parent it wouldn't be the kid I'd be mad at but the teacher because :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

BioEnchanted posted:

Why did that last person use a bandaid to stick their message to the wall? Did they not have sellotape?

I assumed it was supposed to be a college kid because they're all awful people and probably didn't have tape.

Source: I once secured a power strip to a wall using paper and Staples because proper tools were not available.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Let's re-rail please.

I need to see comments on this. I just have to know if they double down and add more poo poo that obviously didn't happen to the story.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

I just want a compilation post/thread of all the goon-specific STDH.

It would have to feature that goonette who used her parents silver company to become a super rich globe traveling detective

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I touched the poop on the camp story.

quote:

Except your nickname doesn't matter to the story at all either. It comes off as someone who really wanted a nickname but never got one trying to make it work.

Also your story really reads like poo poo that didn't happen.txt

quote:

Actually, that’s exactly what it was. I’d always wanted a nickname and never had one before.

Also, I respect your opinion but there’s rules on r/ProRevenge about commenting things like ‘reads like poo poo’ or ‘that totally happened’

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

You infiltrated their lazy creative writing safe space, prepare to be banned.

Eh it's Reddit I won't miss my account but it does make me feel better to have the author admit they invented the nickname and wanted to make it work.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Don't tease me unless you have a link!

I don't have archives or search but this should give enough context to find it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3631118&pagenumber=80&perpage=40#post440297766

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Katt posted:

For the sake of the women we have to stop #metoo before it's too late.

It's lovely that only mixed gendered meetings need three people. But it's clearly just written by a "but how do I talk to women" type

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I hate myself for googling it but apparently there's White Knights in MLP fandom?

http://friendshipismagicfanon.wikia.com/wiki/White_Knights

It doesn't really explain anything about how his teacher and random classmate knew about it though.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

kazil posted:

The author is a woman...

Doesn't mean it can't still be skeevy

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

burial posted:

Why IS that phrase in quotes? Is the implication that these girls aren’t in bad circumstances so much as they’re just trollops, or?

I think "at risk" means they come from a poo poo homelife and they're most likely to get teen pregnant, become junkies, or otherwise gently caress up their lives

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

It was better than the one where the kid got mistaken for Michael Jackson and went on stage to perform

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

life is killing me posted:

Lol who sends in resumes to work at Chipotle, like most minimum wage jobs they want to know your employment history and that's about it.

Unless minimum wage jobs have begun to request resumes for burrito-making experience, up to and including an essay about making the best burritos and being a team player

Most minimum wage hellholes I was applying at early last year wanted full resumes. Why does a gas station need more than a one page application? Who knows but that's how it is now

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

RoboRodent posted:

When I was job hunting last spring, I ended up filling out quite a few personality quizzes, and it's the most frustrating thing. You just know there's some egghead in an office who has worked out the "ideal" profile of the "ideal" worker, and it's a system that's really only rewarding people who know how to play the system, or who get lucky. I had one that asked me to rate, on a scale from 1 (strongly disagree) to 5 (strongly agree), the statement "I am anxious most of the time." I have a diagnosed anxiety disorder. I feel anxious 100% of the time, except maybe sometimes when I'm asleep. I am absolutely positive that this falls into "questions a potential employer is not allowed to ask you." I got up from my computer, stormed around the apartment for about half an hour and considered ragequitting, then came back and finished the quiz. Pretty sure I lied on that question.

They hired me. I work there now.

Targets used to and might still ask what percent of politicians you think lie. Those tests are some of the most wtf poo poo

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

walrusman posted:

They don't need a resume or experience, they just want to know your skills and your work history!

Are you drunk? Am I?

Those minimum wage hells already ask for all of that on the regular application you fill out. From my experience it goes like this:

1) Visit website and fill out application filling in job history and experience

2) then after filling out your job history and experience they ask you to submit a resume which contains everything you just gave them in step 1 only their algorithms gently caress the formatting so you have to edit it

3) then you take a multiple choice questionnaire that tells them if you'll be worthless or worth hiring

Why bother having me fill out a resume twice just so I can play register jockey at a gas station for minimum wage and no employee benefits?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Turtlicious posted:

He was making a finger gun jesus christ.

Ive never seen a finger gun where the thumb is in one Temple and the forefinger the other. Like I'm pretty sure the only way you could pull that off is if you palm a guy's face.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Zipperelli. posted:

What a dumbass story. How would she know who was playing the music? How would she know about the previous relationship between the barback and server? How has she never heard of NFG? They were loving ubiquitous in the early 2000s. Even if you didn't know their name, you've heard their songs.

The entirety of this STDH is "we had lunch, the staff messed around with the music."

Completely pointless.

Nothing says "I'm over you" like staring down your ex while playing music assuring him that you're over him and don't think about him at all

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Ok so out of curiosity I looked up Fluevog, as I’ve never heard of Fluevog.

Most of the womens’ shoes on the website are atrocious, ranging from designer versions of Dutch wooden clogs, to basically fancier, leather Crocs, to fancy Birkenstock style sandals that go a little past the ankle with what looks like a thick crepe sole.

The waitstaff were probably laughing their asses off at those ridiculous shoes and they told this guy to come see for himself, which he did, attempting to stifle his own laughter.

These are the things she's bragging about

https://www.fluevog.com/shop/4964-bardot-blue-gold

That's certainly a color.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

I tried making weed butter for the first time a couple months ago because my dog got pancreatitis and was losing weight from not eating. Only after making it did I do the research to see that 1. You shouldn't drug your dog and 2. High fat consumption is bad for pancreatitis. So I decided to scrap that idea and make a couple cookies with it instead. I ate 2/3 of a deece sized cookie at like 7pm and didn't sleep at all that night and was hosed up for like 24 hours. Work was absolutely miserable and I wanted to die. And I've smoked pot since I was 13, basically everyday between age 15-19.

I wouldn't spike my worst enemy's food because if someone did that to me I absolutely would have gone to the emergency room.

Thank you for being a responsible person. My fiancee got a text from her sister "my friend makes pot peanut butter for her dog to help keep the dog calm. Let's do that to ours!" And she sees nothing wrong with giving their little terrier weed.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Is the answer never?

Although the excited little kid during the new Jurassic World trailer yelling "I WANT TO SEE THAT ONE!" was pretty :3:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I will never go back to the old free for all days of finding a seat. Reserved seating with the nice recliners has spoiled me.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Araenna posted:

Huh, haven't seen that in my area at all. Most be somewhat regional? Like, we have Regal and everything, none of them do. Maybe for RPX they might? I never pay extra for those, just 3d. I know the normal ones never do that though.

There's two Regals near me one has the nice recliner seats with assigned seating and looks like a good place to go.

The other is right off the highway and looks like some dilapidated hell pit that does not.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

And now people are handing him money. Some restaurant reached out and went bro you can have a job and a $1k sign on bonus for working for us. And Alex Jones gave him $3k

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Zelder posted:

coworker 1 is fat as hell

And too drat sensitive.

"Oh poo poo a coworker made a mistake let me get fired for assault!"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

So the writer invented a story about a popular very pretty girl getting owned by a pretty Tumblr girl and didn't even run after her to get a phone number or become friends or anything?

:smith:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Splicer posted:

Every post referring to the angry Scot as Irish makes the original stdh funnier

If I worked with someone who got that angry over something like that I guarantee I would gently caress with them until management had to tell me to cut it off

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

The General posted:

I will admit I didn't go to college, but wouldn't/shouldn't parents stay out of orientation?

When I went parents had their own separate events that day. I think the parents one was mostly trying to assure them that college was safe and not at all full of sexual assaults, underage drinking, theft and violence.

Of course my campus gave everyone a safety whistle and campus police said during orientation that tasers were allowed and advised buying one so I don't know how much I believe what they told parents

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

tpink posted:

This is some next-level sad poo poo, Jesus.

I mean I fully believe that one is real.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

jodai posted:

No, for some reason, sometimes a coupon that's supposed to be two dollars off of a five dollar item works for the dollar version of the item and then a coupon queen Facebook group will spread that info around. Most cashiers don't notice or care but if the store catches on, they'll start checking coupons. It's one of the reasons I'm glad I got out of retail.

One of the women I used to work with would coupon. I mean cool you got 10 bottles of Head and Shoulders for like $2 but why? What do you need with that much?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Double edit: no I wasn't reading is hard.

Len has a new favorite as of 22:26 on Jun 19, 2018

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Zelder posted:

God I would give anything to click that read more button

quote:

I remember a similar incident:

I was walking home from school, when I felt someone tug my bag, I turned and looked them in the eye when I heard the signature click of an automatic grenade launcher.

I immediately smashed his head into a pulp with my fists only stopping when there where little fragments of his skull crumbling across the floor.

I met his sister she was so proud that she invited me on a date. Now we’re married with 19 kids.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Ok someone please explain to me what a Pop is, that whole thing was an imbroglio of inside jokes no one outside his particular HT would understand and also HT sucks. I cringe when I see a person ostensibly in his or her 20s wearing a, "I used to be schizophrenic but we're okay now" shirt or some such

Funko Pops. Those little plastic figures that cost about $10each that are in almost every store?

Basically the new beanie babies

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Elysiume posted:

Funko Pops are horrid and any time I'm at a convention there's sure to be several booths selling rare Pops for $100-$500. There are few of them I'd even take for free; they're so ugly.

For some reason some have value. A guy I know sold three and got the $500 he needed to fix his central air. I have a few because hey they're $10 but Jesus the people who collect them have brain worms.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I know it's fake, but it still doesn't make any sense. Nobody prepays for gas unless their car is already at the pump.

It's not unheard of for the wage slaves to put the money on the wrong pump but typically that isn't noticed until after the person has pumped and drove off.

Or maybe it was a guy who ran out of gas and had to walk to the station to buy a gas can. While paying for the can they prepaid on a pump but someone pulled up before they got out to fill the can.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

kazil posted:

Stop.
Trying.
To.
Explain.
The.
Bullshit.
Stories.

I mean I worked at a gas station for almost three years. I saw people get their gas pumped by someone else on numerous occasions. The only unbelievable part is everything past "I pumped someone's gas"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Because efficiency is what drives English teachers when planning lessons. :rolleyes:

This is the most believable part of that entire ridiculous post. My teacher had us read different parts like that when I was in high school. I remember doing the opening scene of Hamlet like that.

8th grade we did Romeo and Juliet alternating roles. Then once we hit 12 grade AP English we did Glass Menagerie with assigned roles. The guy who did the girl did his best Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force and the guy who was the male suitor put on a falsetto.

Edit: we did Othello the same way but nothing memorable sticks out from that one.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

DavidAlltheTime posted:

poo poo that didn't happen: covering an entire shakespeare play in mine Englishe classe.

Why? Because the words were written to be performed, not read at first glance by teenagers hundreds of years later. Sheesh. If students are interested, I'll run a book club for them. Otherwise, there's other, more engaging ways to teach english.

It's incredibly important that the students don't enjoy anything they're forced to read and thus grow up thinking reading is awful and bad. That was the way I was taught in school and it should remain that way drat it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

My friend had the same flip phone from 2008 to 2016

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Jerry Cotton posted:

Some ten years ago one January I penned in "YEARLY SHOWER" in my sister's work calendar at just before Christmas welp that's my calendar prank story and also :lol: who the gently caress doesn't use Outlook calendar anyway in loving 2018 it's not tied to your loving phone :laffo:

Presumably people who don't have Outlook.

But who doesn't have some form of cloud based calendar? Like you have an Android device? Congrats you have Google calendar. Everything is there now.

I assume iOS has a similar thing but that's a good smart design decision so it probably doesn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

burial posted:

Ha. That’s interesting. Around here, most stations have cameras but but don’t actually bother to record anything (at least with the outside ones.) Somebody backed into my car WHILE I WAS LEANING AGAINST THE OTHER SIDE OF IT PUMPING GAS PETROL and drove off awhile back. The employee just kind of shrugged at me like asking him to check the tape was an alien concept.

At the one I worked at regular employees didn't have the option to go to the cameras and roll them back I believe it was a terminable offense.

Not that it mattered because we had 2 black and white cameras that had to cover the entire parking lot, all 12 pumps, so you couldn't see anything anyway