Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The General posted:

Have you ever met a pot smoker? I assure you the vast majority of people saying they would, actually would.

I have and they live in a magical world

"It's not addictive man"
*Proceeds to smoke some crumbs found on the floor because being sober is a date worse than death*

That's actually a thing a guy I know did, recently, he's 29 or 30 and owns a house and has a well paying job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Solice Kirsk posted:

You think that's funny? Watch when the cocaine runs out and then every piece of dust on what ever surface they were using suddenly gets scraped into a pile and snorted "just in case" some coke was in it.

Lifehacks!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

It also tracks with US education in that I didn't learn until years later that things other than bees work as pollinators

Edit: and that's the plot of Bee Movie

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

jjack229 posted:

I would like to see the ballistics on how the block travelled horizontally through the window and then immediately dropped vertically and didn't roll or tip over when it hits the floor.

The felonies are for crimes against nature and physics

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Does anyone have the elder futhark rune story?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Skwirl posted:

Do kids today even know who soulja boy is?

He tried to release a videogame console a few years ago

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Skwirl posted:

But no one bought it, so my point still stands.

The type of kid that writes that story definitely knows of Soulja Boy from his videogame console

The kids he's trying to insult though? They've probably got no idea who the hell he's talking about

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Skwirl posted:

The idea of a grocery worker giving a single poo poo about how many bags you're using is insane.

I managed to steal an entire cart of groceries last week. I scanned everything and put my card in but it must have asked for something else on the keypad and I didn't notice

It definitely wasn't intended or I wouldn't have gone from there to the floor manager to ask if there was a way to get my toothbrush heads from register 5 without waiting in that line, and then paying for my toothbrush heads.

The good news is that WalMart apparently doesn't keep track of anything like that because I stupidly called to ask if I could come back and pay and the answer was no

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

RoboRodent posted:

I automatically hate anyone who's taking $300 of groceries through a self-scan.

My local Walmart setup lanes of self scans that have full conveyor belts

But also it was only like $170 and trust me I also hate taking them through self scanners.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

bike tory posted:

The supermarkets here have signs saying "12 items maximum" over the self scanners, and often the staffer overseeing them will bounce you if you've got a shopping trolley instead of just a basket.

I guess NZ continues to be the only half decent country in the world.

The small local grocery store next to my apartment has that sign. WalMart however is using me as an employee that they just don't pay

Some stores even have options for you to just scan while you shop and pay from your phone

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Speaking of Soulja Boy he's in the news again

for domestic assault

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

i dunno maybe this is an actual thing and i'm just too far removed from the city but uh

https://twitter.com/asatiir/status/1402194467344437253?s=20

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

YeahTubaMike posted:

According to the tweet, this is supposed to be Bloodborne as NYC, not actual NYC.

Actual NYC is indeed not like this most of the time.

I assumed since the tweeter and the tiktoker were different the tweet was a joke over an unrelated video

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Bonster posted:

Why is she an anime toddler?

I assumed that was the tiktok brand to get the clicks

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Ratjaculation posted:

A good teacher singling out 9 year olds who get answers wrong

American public schools.txt

A friend of mine is left handed and in 5th grade gave writing with the spirals and thus holes on the left. Our English teacher made the entire class look at him and go "the holes go on the left, do you know your left?"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

The General posted:

I was there, your friend said "And the rear end in a top hat sits at the big desk. Do you know where the big desk is?" And everybody laughed then the teacher retired the next day.

I don't remember his reaction just the public shaming. But I feel like he didn't do that just because he seldom stands up for himself

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Neito posted:

What's so stdh about this? I'd absolutely believe that an HR person sucks that much.

Mine yelled at me for having the audacity to ask if there was a clock on the new time clock website

They assure me that there isn't

I 100% believe they would do this