Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Look, it had to be a cucumber because ew gay they can't go buy an actual dildo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

"and I especially hated the canned food they reheated and" *joins army*

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I'm having trouble picturing this. Is the kid standing on top of it with his back to the wall? is he standing on the lower rim facing forward? Is this some other design like a trough that she's describing incorrectly?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

i remember seeing that before, but have completely forgotten the story.

Anyway, what I was imagining is this

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

trickybiscuits posted:

This made me want to eat poison and die.

No, that's how they win. Feed poison to them instead, thanks

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Pththya-lyi posted:

TRUCK STOP

man and woman,

woman’s face goes slack and she starts backing up towards the door,

his girlfriend having left some time before.

Yeah, not his girlfriend, and not interested in shower.

If it happened.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Tunicate posted:

Yeah it's just a random quirk that humans are hyperallergic to it too - there's essentially no other animal that is.

Most humans. Not all. I'm immune. Maybe as many as 30% are, apparently.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I have never seen a supermarket or drugs store that didn't have a massive wall of feminine hygiene products prominently displayed the full length of its aisle. girl needs to be at the eyeglasses store instead.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

No one has ever coveted a non-classic Vette that wasn't some poo poo like a ZR-1. It's a car that inspires pity for the owner more than anything else

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Catberry posted:

I'm surprised they didn't take the chance to make new money. Making new money is pure profit for the government.

When Sweden remade all their bills you could freely exchange your old money for new. As long as you could provide a receipt of where the money came from. At the same time they also made it so that businesses that handled cash held the burden to check where money came from.

This wasn't an issue if you handled a few hundred euros worth for a transaction. But if someone wanted to buy a brand new car in cash then the car dealership needed a receipt of where the buyer got the money from. To in turn put that money in the bank.

The result was that hundreds of millions of euros worth of illegal money, drug money and so on could never be washed in time before they became worthless. Money that the state could now print anew and use.

In the later parts the criminals were losing their minds over all the cash about to become worthless. They went into game stores and bought "blizz bucks" for cash that they could redeem for wow tokens and then sell the tokens for gold. Gold that they then tried to sell for real money over peer-to-peer money transfer.

The US, even when it introduces new notes, doesn't outmode the old ones for some dumb reason. They just get removed from circulation whenever they finally show up in a bank. It would likely be very controversial if they tried to make any old notes expire.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

hyperhazard posted:

Redondo Beach is right on the coast. Sequoia National Park isn't. A 5 second Google search reveals that planting your own giant redwood or sequoia outside of their normal environment is a terrible idea, since they won't survive.

I like to imagine he really did spend tens of thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours planting saplings that died within days.

Nah, they can grow plenty of places. But they won't likely get massive outside their natural range or one substantially similar.

And you can pretty much get away with planting trees all over the place with little problem, as long as you're wearing an orange vest and possibly hard hat. Will they be taken care of properly after? Who knows. But most people aren't going to question someone doing something like that. Not that any of it happened.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Tunicate posted:

Nah, most house locks are ANSI grade 3 'good', which are actually pretty crap and easy to pick.

Easy is still generous. Most home locks can be bumped as quickly and easily as using the actual key.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Why do they all write like cunts?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Doesn't basically every single supermarket and also Walmart have one of those Coinstar machines and has for probably the last decade or more? Where you would almost definitely send anyone trying to use a large amount of change instead of playing along with their dumb joke.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

You don't have to in the US, for that matter.

Khazar-khum posted:

Coinstar takes something like 15%.

I feel like I remember it being lower, like ~7% last time I used one, but that was probably over a decade ago.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

We could honestly probably do with getting rid of the nickel as well. Last time a coin was phased out in the US was the half penny in 1857, which would have a present day inflation-adjusted value of 13 cents. We're dumb and stubborn.

Japan is also dumb and stubborn because why the gently caress are there still useless 1 yen coins

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

sweeperbravo posted:

that is an adult writing on behalf of a child

the child is not actually an anti-vaxxer, but is just a normal kid who is terrified of shots, you know, because they pinch, and not because they give you autism

Ehh.... I'd suspect there's a different fear of shots in the mix put there by the parent

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Aleph Null posted:

How much of the hatred in those reddit posts to you think is self-hatred? It makes me sad to read them.

They all sound like they're written by ex-fats. Or still kinda fats but not super duper fats like those gross fats.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

We're supposed to believe a bunch of 10 year olds answered TV? Not computers or tablets or smart phones or idunno, Instagram or whatever poo poo the children have moved onto these days, but TV?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

MrUnderbridge posted:

And do airlines sell bag lunches? Except for Ryanair, any flight I've been on either has some little snack thing or a meal on a tray, even in coach.

I've been on flights that had a meal for sale that was more than just a snack box, but never as cheap as $5, and I've also never seen a flight where first class got a plated meal while economy only had pay options. But I only fly American domestic and them other One World partners internationally, so YMMV.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Australia is the only place I've seen some vagrant picking through a bin for cigarette ends and been like, ok here I get it, at least.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

cptn_dr posted:

Yeah, my contract is coming to an end in about two weeks, but we're rapidly running out of work to do. So most of my day is sitting at my desk with nothing to do.

It has some upsides, but mostly it's just really tedious and makes the days stretch out forever.

I know the feeling. I'm on loan to a project in Germany at the moment and spend most of my days just sitting here in an office watching Netflix. Two weeks of this so far. I probably won't have any actual work to do for another week or two, and it's excruciating. I'm paid well and get 180% during these things plus a per diem and get to expense pretty much everything, so I'm cleaning up, but I'd rather be at home making less but having more to do and getting to sleep in my own bed with my fiancee who I miss.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Drunk Tomato posted:

Disneyland is bomb but also kind of better as an adult. And would be even double triple better if they allowed in beer damnit!

Just get some edibles.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

quote:

Next time, steal a hipster’s Peugeot.

(For those of you who are not into bikes, Peugeots are fancy bikes that can cost thousands of dollars.)

An old steel frame Peugeot that a hipster would ride probably costs $150-200, same as that lady paid for hers.

Unless New York is experiencing some sort of vintage Peugeot price bubble, in which case, gonna load up a truck and head up.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Former DILF posted:

thats as far as i got you win

I made it to "maternal unit" and could go no further

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I've heard that one and also "uh-bee-si-day" which for an already stupid as gently caress name is also way too close to "obesity". Poor kid.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

We're really lucky our blood is so simple. Horses, which somehow exist in spite of themselves, have 8 major blood types and 30 additional factors that can be either positive or negative for a total of some 400,000 combinations, meaning you're unlikely to ever find an exact match. Transfusions can be done with some careful horsebloodmaths, but I understand it's not ever ideal.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Nah, that was Kris Angle

Kris Kringle, surely?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Zipperelli. posted:

They changed the packaging so it doesnt work anymore. drat liberals :argh:

I noticed that last time I was shopping. End of an era, I tell you. But then kids these days have the internet, so nothing of value etc.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

a fatguy bald spot posted:

I like when my dreams seem really cool and entertaining and in the dream I’ll think drat I should write this down I’ll be rich and then I wake up and the dream was something like what if the animorphs had to fight the power rangers

I dreamed a sitcom the other night that at the time seemed brilliant. It was like Three's Company, except a Muslim, a Jew, and a WASPy white American girl, all non-religious except in how they were raised, and living in an apartment in the occupied Palestinian territories. Also the American girl was vegan. It was very important for some joke that I can't remember. Until I fully woke up I was convinced this was going to be an amazing show.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I just wish I could remember the joke!

It was probably non-sensical and not especially funny, but like, I still want to remember.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

:confused:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

The other thing that didn't happen there was hiring someone who understands typesetting. That kerning is painful to look at.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

That one is a good laugh.

Think my favorite bit is the tuxedo and thinking anyone anywhere is impressed by a corporate charge card

ReidRansom has a new favorite as of 19:48 on Sep 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I was at my brother's recently and saw that one or both of my nieces had completely scratched out Joe Biden's face in some kids' magazine article, like NatGeo Kids or something about Biden's dogs. They're both 7 and my brother and his wife are kinda turbochuds.