Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I saw a terrible but technically well executed violent bondage tattoo in the wild today. Why is this such a seemingly common theme?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

What about the drum kit above it? :wtc:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Romanes eunt domus. Machine translation alone doesn't pick up on a lot of the nuance of natural language. Professional translators have software that lets them speed up the process, but they still have to be fluent in the original and target languages because adjustments and corrections have to be made.

厠妖

Toilet goblin.

Toilet goblin could actually make for a rad tattoo.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ricketyvickyt posted:

I don't remember Dorothy having meth teeth

Holy poo poo. At first glance I - no lie - thought that was Alfred E. Newmann.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ricketyvickyt posted:

It's already started. But I guess I should probably regret it now that some one on the internet told me not to do it??

I have Harry Potter related tattoos on my feet also...I guess you could say I like film related tattoos.

Instead of finishing the sleeve you should mix what you already have with a grim reaper driving a rail engine which is pulling an open coal car full of chilli and the caption ROOTIN' TOOTIN'

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ricketyvickyt posted:

When I say it's started, I mean all the line work is in, it needs shading and colouring.

However, after seeing examples in the good tattoo thread, I'm all for a grim reaper pun tattoo on another body part haha

:colbert:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Pastry of the Year posted:

I mean they're not even friends

that's like the cop from the Cookie Crisp box being "friends forever" with the crook from the Cookie Crisp box

can't happen

I think that the idea is that wiping is like the paper and poo getting married.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

hyperhazard posted:

I'm pretty sure these fireworks are infected.

No - the fireworks were tattooed around the lesions.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ReidRansom posted:

Well executed? Sure. Good? Highly unlikely.

Maybe this one from destroytroy who is pretty solid all around

not R&M, but see also:

abso-loving-lutely wrong thread

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ReidRansom posted:

Homo boy ho motherfucker?

And something timely passing through my feed

https://twitter.com/ClassicDadMoves/status/931016398989680640

:godwin:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I think it's cute that he decided to get his favourite Disney characters on his back.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

RugClockVexx posted:

I think its a shop- I google searched the image

Deadpool should be in the A and Spiderman should be in the R, although it looks more like spider boy...

So it is his favourite Disney princes.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ReidRansom posted:

That was six hours?

And six hours was only $300? Explains a lot.

damb right you gusta

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Heh. She knows.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

GIS "Muscle Tear Bruise"

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

He rode his bike so fast he caught on fire!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Flaming Lime posted:

Tattoo thongs/flipflops spotted in Australia :australia:

The struggle against shoe oppression

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Vato posted:

Good way to remind yourself not to drunk-text your ex named Gert. Y'all broke up for a reason!

I can only read this as DO REGERT.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Zaphod42 posted:

Getting a tattoo to match your dog is kinda cool. Unfortunately the first thing I think is furry.

Lol I thought that was a cowskin rug.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ricketyvickyt posted:

Holy hell this is amazingly bad

No way. This fukken owns. It just needs some colour and the right caption, or perhaps the tiger needs to be skateboarding on a slice of pizza that is also a skateboard.

e. I just noticed that it's a whole back tattoo. That's probably a bit much. Maybe if it was 1/5 the size and adjusted accordingly.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Check out #suckypanther on instagram for rad vesions of that lovely panther tattoo

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/suckypanther/

This makes me want to get a tattoo of hte classic D&D sucky red dragon

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Tears In A Vial posted:

Stag do 'pays homeless man £90 to have the groom's name tattooed on his forehead'

A group of British men on a stag do reportedly paid a homeless man £90 to get the groom's name tattooed on his forehead.

The men were partying in Benidorm, Spain when they happened upon a man living on the streets.

They had an idea for him to get a tattoo carved into his head that read: 'Jamie Blake, North Shields, NE28'.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=T...iw=1309&bih=683

:thermidor:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I have one that i use for erasing my enemies' cassete tapes and 5 1/4" floppy disks.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Knim and bubin. It's Latvian.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

dpack_1 posted:

It's this.

People dont see it as art, they remember the days of just walking into a studio full of flash in catalogues and on the walls that they would pick from and get tattooed. They just assume it's like tracing something on paper but done with a machine, so hand over these 'references' that they have found on the internet and believe the 'tattoo guy' just puts that on them and there is no difference in quality, they think people that charge £100's per hour are just elitist pricks trying to scam the general public rather than seeing that the 'artist' charging £20 and a case of beer is the one doing the scamming.

Even if i reply to this woman saying we 'could' cover it all, but each piece is gonna take a good couple days to cover at nearly £500 a day and so costing her upwards of £4000 in total she's gonna think we are trying to take advantage of her and possibly leave a poo poo review saying as such. There is no winning with people that have that mind set.

You have to say it to her anyway.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

dpack_1 posted:

I replied to the woman saying there is no way to salvage those tattoos and make them look even remotely like the original designs.

Said her options were either months of painful and expensive laser treatment before starting them all from scratch. Or larger, darker coverups both of which would cost her thousands.

Told her I was sorry that she was in this position and I strongly recommend reporting that guy to her council as i'm sure they are working without a license, and perhaps seek some like of legal advice, if he isnt licensed he could possibly be charged with assualt. We don't have much of a "sue the gently caress outta people" mindset here in the UK but she might be able to seek some justice. She mentioned elsewhere in the email about losing 30+Kgs in the past year so i suspect she's terminal and just wanted all these tattoos done and finished ASAP to enjoy them before she ... well ... couldn't.

The whole story just makes me sad and like LingcodKilla said, i get no joy from exploiting the elderly or infirm. Dude should loving rot for what he has done.

She's probably not going to be happy with you, but you're a good person for telling her this.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Aren't those all different teams of comic guys?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

13Pandora13 posted:

Is this the origin of the thread title?

Or does more than one cat fetus tattoo exist?

There are others.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

:confused: I don't understand the urinal part

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

What a coincidence! I saw a really bad scratcher (classic) Harley Quinn tattoo in the wild just yesterday.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Docs ignore almost every kind of medical tattoo anyway. Allergy tattoos are the only ones that they might observe.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Not that it matters because there is literally no circumstance in which an unconscious adult would be given a vaccine.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

So extremely unlikely as to basically be like a "ticking time bomb" scenario. And they'd probably ignore it.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I didn't know that Dan Ackroyd played the joker

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I don't think I've posted about this yet -

A dilapidated storefront in my community has recently had a piece of cardboard with the word TATTOO painted on it jammed into its window, with no other information. It has been there for a few weeks and it appears to be a tattoo studio. I've been unable to find any kind of website or instagram associated with the address. I've started to ask barbers and industry-adjacent people about it, but yet I've gotten nothing.

Once I find something you better believe I'll be coming into this thread to share.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

New tattoo studio downtown let's see what they...

... oh.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

LingcodKilla posted:

Bad hands, bad face... thank god they didn’t attempt feet.

Feet replaced with a pineapple and a stack of tires

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Lucha Luch posted:

I am a tattoo snob. I'm not proud of this, but it is what it is. I want so badly to hate this tattoo. Everything I know about tattoos is screaming at me that this is horrible. And yet it is.. the best tattoo I have ever seen, or will ever see. It's absolutely perfect. It's so dire. It's so absolutely repulsive that it comes around to being the most amazing piece from the sheer AUDACITY of its creation. It's like the artist put any bit of talent they might have had to lovingly render the wizards face, and the rest was just "eeeeh better throw a castle in there. Few dozen windows of varying size. Maybe some infected reeds idk". I want to write sonnets about this loving tattoo.

Above the jagged ramparts terror roars
Beneath a lunar cookie trail sways
But for old Something Awful's tattoo gaze
The strokes suggest of staph and ringworm sores.

Was this a loving tribute to a child?
Nostalgic preservation of its art?
Some hepatitis taken by a heart?
Shall for this work a scratcher be exiled?

But lo! A bold grave face averts my curse:
with wood wrought staff across from flaming fist
the ancient stare preserves the mangled back
Which ebay ink and needles harshly kissed
For in my soul I know it could be worse,
When the old wizard's eyes supply a lack.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Lucha Luch posted:

Did you note the stoneless path
The blank dragon flying from thy castle
The crooked hand, askew and beckoning
I will summon the flames of sepsis
and weep pus to appease
my darling
my love
my red and swollen clouds

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm the lopsided little diamond at the bottom.