Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
That poo poo mission where you need to defeat those KrugerSec missions in that arena like place... it's loving annoying. Exactly the sort of stuff I didn't want in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Wow, the Benefactor mission is videogame bliss. It reminds me of the 'Kate' mission in ME1, all the scaffolding and perfect ambient music.
Is it the one with the high rise pendulum? That map was awesome.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Too bad those mission highrises in the construction area shortly after the Sanctuary missions seem to be offlimits for freerunning after the mission has been done. Either that, or I don't find an access.

--edit: Also I wish you could force noon time of day.

--edit: I found the first part of these buildings. At some point, there's a 90° pipe that's only shows in the mission preventing you from proceeding. This one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xILmay49Y6k&t=530s

:(

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jun 9, 2016

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I keep wishing for a DLC adding another huge, diverse, detailed and fully accessible construction site (they look stylistically the best IMO) to mess around in. The city part for the Vive la Resistance mission is OK, but not nearly as vertical as I'd like, and not as diverse as the mission exclusive map parts.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I think one site was complaining that they couldn't focus on any dialog while running.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Map in the last mission, sucked, tho. Somewhere else someone suggested that I'd love it after proclaiming to having had fun on the construction site. Expected lots of long running through maintenance halls and poo poo like that, instead you're just climbing pipes and grappling long distances.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

GlenMR posted:

Story question though.
That Kruger girl that gets kidnapped, that's absolutely Faith's sister, right?
White bread CEO, "his" Asian kid, in a game where the protagonist is Asian. You take a guess.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Increase your FOV to 75°, it'll help with this fighting bullshit. The worst thing that happens is that when you try this parkour fighting bullshit, as they want you to do, the enemies moved and they're not where you expected them, ruining your moves. Say wallrun-flip attacks and such.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Kind of keep wishing the goddamn cops stop spawning after the end of the game. Makes casual running a pain in the rear end.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

The grappling hook mainly just exists to wall off certain areas via story missions. Some areas require the Spiderman-style grapple to access, others the Just Cause-style grapple, and you get access to both variants at only certain points in the story.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

A sequel should be cheaper to produce, now that they've their middleware and tools done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I wish they'd not wall off certain areas needlessly. I'm rescaling the construction site of the Top of the World side mission, and at the very last section, there's a ladder missing. There's no reason for this after the mission has been played.

• Locked thread