Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

I'm glad that there's completely pointless finishers you can do in the demo. The combat feels really good, love how there's basically no reason to ever stop shooting since it's relegated to robot. Alternate loadout with the swords switched around felt bad, though.

Hope the movepool is a bit deeper in the final product, though I see no reason why it wouldn't be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

All the Platinum games I've played and/or seen have had a defensive mechanics which made the "whooozh" sound and slowed down time.

If there isn't a defensive mechanic that slows down time in this, then I'll be somewhat disappointed.

I'm willing to bet that it'll be one of the upgrade chips you slot into your character, since that's how it has worked in platinum games where you don't have it by default.

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Spent a few hours grinding very hard mode this morning, figured out a couple things:

• The circle finisher you can do on downed enemies actually has a purpose - it'll do heavy damage to any enemies right next to them. It's risky and probably not worth it, since it only really works on the small bots, but it's cool looking.

• If you hit shoot + jump at the same time, you'll do a cool stinger-ish flying dropkick. It doesn't do a lot of damage, but you can kick robots in the butt.

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

The Dark Id posted:

I'm curious where the time-traveling/dimension hopping androids tasked with un-loving alternate timelines from Drakengard 3 is going to factor in.

her goofy bullshit is going to be the rival fight.

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Finally managed to beat very hard. Not as bad as you'd think, since you can just skip past most of the enemies, but still thrilling (and heartbreaking to lose near the end). Unless I missed this earlier, I think it unlocked The first level of the weapon stories for the two swords you start with. If I was crazier I'd try beating it again to see if I can unlock the higher levels.

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Man, just beat it. Endings a-e, and a spattering of others. Game good.

I'm a little bit lost on where to start with post-game stuff, though. Is it reasonable to find all the quests/weapons/endings without looking up a guide online?

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Alright, I was having a bit of trouble filling out my quests, so I googled it.

I apparently managed to completely miss a mandatory one? improving communications. I just never got it.

It says it's part of the story and it's early on in the game, but it ain't in my quest log. Anyone know what's up?

Also, I'm having trouble getting a certain character to show up after I took some stuff from their house. Is that scripted, or do I just need to hope they randomly show up?

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

No Mods No Masters posted:

As to the last point: the progress resets if you jump chapters. You need to talk to emil to unlock his house, interact with the mask, go back up and talk to him again, then go back down and hack the chest and it should trigger him when you try to leave

I get that. I just can't get him to spawn after I interact with the mask, after combing the ruined city and leaving to reset it several times. If I go to another chapter he shows up in, I can easily get him to spawn up to that point.

Edit: Nevermind, found him, guess I was just getting unlucky.

Trick Question fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Mar 13, 2017

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

The secret boss, (padding) Emil (padding) , is giving me a lot of trouble. Any advice for chip setups? Do hacking chips help on the dude? Should I just powergrind to max level somehow?

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Zinkraptor posted:

I guess I have an unpopular opinion, because I thought combat using 9s, even if ( especially if) you didn't use hacking, was great. His small sword move set feels great and it seems like he's got some of the best counter-attacks in the games - which is important since you're always dodging in automata. 2B and A2 tend to knock enemies super far away in their counters (or in the case of 2B's sword counter, launch herself into the air for no reason while the enemy remains stapled to the ground). People complain about him only having one button, but he still has light and heavy attacks (though admittedly the input for heavy attacks is kinda weird) as well as charge moves and dash attacks. Really, my main issue with 9s was that the game kept trying to get me to hack when I just wanted to hit things with him

If so, we're unpopular opinion buddies because I felt the same way, although I personally really loved hacking during battles and using the more-easily hacked small bots as bombs to hurt the larger ones. He felt like the Nero to 2B's Dante, with the more limited moveset but more options within that moveset. Liked A2 more than either of the others, though.

Hackan Slash posted:

Even more unpopular opinion alert, I didn't think any of the combat was good. Too much came down to mashing R2, especially once you started getting overclock chips. I'm a filthy casual who played on normal, but I can't see how the lackluster changes for hard mode would have made things more fun

Also, not having easy access to attacks that don't move you forward was a real pain against anything electric.

I agree that hard mode isn't great, but mashing R2 definitely isn't the way to go if you want to end combat quickly & stylishly. The counters are really safe moves, but they don't actually do that much damage compared to the rest of your moveset.

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

8-Bit Scholar posted:

They are blinded by their orders, their devotion to their mission.

Notice A2 never covers her eyes. The other main characters remove them for moments of personal sorrow or anger or stress, character moments where their very identities are on the line.

It could also play to a motif that justice is blind, which sort of fits the very righteous rhetoric of the YoRHa mission.

It's symbolic, in other words. I have no idea wht YoRHa is, except a possible careful nod towards Yonah from Nier 1.

EDIT: Ha ha, in fact (major spoilers) Both YoRHa and Yonah contract a fatal disease!

Minor Spoilers: Since these androids obviously aren't emotionless by default, it's probably an attempt to prevent them from forming interpersonal relationships as well.

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Snak posted:

Related question: How much do you have to give him to complete the quest? I gave him 20k out of the gate, but he still wants more, so I decided I would wait until later before giving him more.

Actually, I hope that progress on that was saved between route A and route B... I'm assuming it's like Father Servo, which is...

It's worth giving him enough to get the choice satchel, which nullifies the need for animal bait. Everything else can be saved until you have functionally infinite money from selling machine cores & such, unless you want that cool mask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Mr President posted:

2 questions:

How do you complete half-wit inventor quest?

Will I get a chance to beat the remaining side quests after route B or do I need to beat gen before the last part of B?

Question one: Just give the dude a lot of cash, and question two: you can't permanently miss sidequests.