Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I have such a massive boner for this game. I just hope that it'll have a reasonably good PC port.

Also I can't wait to drift some hogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Pierson posted:

If it doesn't have at least one mashing-punch showdown it isn't a real Platinum game.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Revengeance this ain't but pretty decent still.

Inzombiac posted:

Is there a firm PC release date?

Same day as the console release. March 7th, I think?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Rainuwastaken posted:

Apparently the rep who said that was misinformed. There's no actual release date for Steam yet beyond "2017", which sucks.

:(

drat.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Does "witch time" not slow down time anymore? Cause that's suuuuper lame.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Andrast posted:

Not all Platinum games have witch time.

All the Platinum games I've played and/or seen have had a defensive mechanics which made the "whooozh" sound and slowed down time.

If there isn't a defensive mechanic that slows down time in this, then I'll be somewhat disappointed.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Nina posted:

There's a pod ability that slows time so witch time would make that redundant

I just really liked when previous Platinum games slowed time every time I times a dodge/parry well, to show me that I did good.
It felt good that way.

Trick Question posted:

I'm willing to bet that it'll be one of the upgrade chips you slot into your character, since that's how it has worked in platinum games where you don't have it by default.

Yeah. I'm hoping for that being an upgrade at least.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Tomie knows me posted:

...you understand it's a demo?

A barely 15 minutes long demo at that.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Genocyber posted:

I just played the demo and that absolutely happened when I did a last second dodge of an attack.

Really? Good to hear.
I haven't played the Demo myself, cause I don't own a console, but I watched a friend play and he didn't get the slowdown once. Which is why I assumed that it wasn't a thing.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Nina posted:

For those wishing for Witch Time the new stream basically confirms it's a thing. Seems like an equippable chip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZMOSkdjYnQ&t=2662s

NICE.

That's exactly how I like it. Hopefully that chip won't be too far into the game.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Nina posted:

I'm curious if they'll mix Taro's and Platinum's new game + progressions and make you play harder difficulties on top of other requirements.

Would be nice if they did.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://twitter.com/yokotaro/status/818064875456843780

lol

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jan 8, 2017

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

pc version
when

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Scalebound gameplay they showed looked like total garbage.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

it was gonna be on pc

No. It was gonna be on Win 10 Store which is practically the same as not being on PC as far as I'm concerned.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

sharrrk posted:

playing the first nier is enough. there are connections to the drakengard series but you arent going to be lost not having played them. also nier is a much better game than any of the drakengards, imo

Are there any well made and complete Nier LPs? I don't own a console but I'd like to get a full experience out of Automata.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

They need to release Vanquish on PC. I'd buy that without a second thought.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Kaislioc posted:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/nier-automata/nier-remaster

No news for PC version, but “There is a very high possibility” of a NieR remaster if Automata “sells like hotcakes” :allears:

I wouldn't really mind a delayed PC version but I hope that the port will be good at least. It would be a shame to get a lovely PC port after all this.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mindblast posted:

I'd be surprised if this doesn't run on the same tech as MGR, bayonetta etc.

(MGR worked great)

MGR had a pretty decent port. If Automata runs as well as MGR did on PC then I'll be satisfied.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Those are some good beefy robo boys.

PC release date when

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ManlyGrunting posted:

Last I heard, same day as the console version. No concrete confirmation yet though from what I've seen.

That was confirmed to be false...last I've heard?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Augus posted:

lol, when you go fishing 2B generates a holographic stool to sit on.

GOTY

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

mrfishstick posted:

When you die your old body is dropped in the world similar to a souls game and you are uploaded into a new body but can go find your old boy and either salvage it for parts or attempt to repair it and it'll become an ally for some length of time. A cool twist on the souls system it looks like

Daaaaaaaaang!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

mrfishstick posted:

About a half hour worth of Open World Gameplay with the English Dub and English commentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17V2lxzlTRE

That gameplay video gave me a massive hype boner for the game and it's not related to the 2Butt.

Boar drifting and on-moose combat!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

PC
when
PC
when
PC
when

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Evil Canadian posted:

If you wait for pc release you know you gonna get spoiled on everything because that's the penalty waiters get. How about get a ps4 and have fun with your new console friends :)

I haven't owned a console in 20 years and I'm not going to start now.
Especially not one that only has 2 good exclusives.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

That's a good t-shirt. I'd like to have that.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Evil Canadian posted:

You say that like it's a point of pride, when its actually a mark of shame.

I wasn't "bragging". I was stating a fact.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

An Idiotic "Fact". If you can only find two PS4 exclusives that are "worth it", maybe Vidrogames aren't your "thing"

I'm sorry I offended your sensibilities?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Have they revealed any details about different playable characters?
I know that there are going to be 3 of them but will you be able to switch between them or do you play different characters at the different points in the story? I'm curious about how that is going to work.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Not really been elaborated on. They've been playful about even being able to play as A2 even, despite it not really being in doubt.

I remember hearing something about having to complete the game 3 times to get all the endings (from that 30 minute long gameplay, video I think) so maybe you'll unlock new character at the end of your first playthrough and you'll have to complete the game as each character to get all the endings?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

automata's final ending will hypnotize the player into a stupor and then cause the gpu to light on fire and burn them alive

Sounds great. Sign me up. :thumbsup:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Oovee posted:

Also, amazon germany says pc version is december.

They probably just put it on as late as possible this year until the final release date is confirmed.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

cgeq posted:

Whenever it is, I can understand them not announcing a set date (even if it releases same day as the PS4 version). Marketing is completely focused on the PS4. PS4 is where they expect to make the big bucks and they're probably worried about losing sales to piracy on the PC.

Understandable, to be honest. Especially considering that Japanese devs don't seem to be aware of Denuvo or don't like to use it some some reason..

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Taro's twitter always sharing vital information.

Oh Yoko. :allears:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I have decided actually that Yoko Taro is my best friend even if he doesn't know I exist. My BFF. I'll fall off a building and die for his amusement anytime.

:same:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/nier-automata-may-be-slightly-delayed-on-the-pc/

I might be grasping at straws here but based on the wording from this article it seems like PC release should be soon-ish after console release?
I wouldn't mind waiting a month or two...in a sound and internet-proof bunker to avoid spoilers.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Steam release 10th of March! (Same day EU, couple of days after PS4 USA)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e41x8VPQVMw

Take warning though, the version of this trailer on Square's official account does not mention this date and neither does a piece of PR released by them today...

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

It's not nearly simultaneous, it is simultaneous. It's just sim for the EU market zone instead of the US one.

Finally some justice in this world.