Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I like this show, even though i totaly don't get anything about that self-asphyxiation scene there. The entire time he was bolting a sex harness into his torso and choking himself on a noose, i thought "what is your end game here?", but i admired his dedication.

Also, heroism out of spite is my secret fetish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, that "short window of opportunity" for turning is the thing i didn't know about. I would never entertain that thought on my own. Me watching was like: Okay, it's like a virus instead of a curse, he made that clear. It works fast- uh wait, why are you choking yourself? I get you want to stop it from reaching your head, but you're gonna suffocate in a fe- what the hell even happened??

It was a cool make-over though and that's enough for me.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Geeez, whatshername the Carabinieri girl is a godawful teacher bordering on retarded. No, don't try to teach the guy you intend to be your sleep guard any actual fighting skills, jsut beat him up, wear him out and make him learn only spite. Also, don't tell him about the fact he requires blood to keep running. Nah, just let him collapse from exhaustion so that he's liable to attack a random bystander in a state of mental absence when that happens. You know, to all but guarantee another Kabane outbreak right in the camp.

That's almost criminal negligience probably borne from power-fueled apathy to everything that surrounds her. She needs to be taken down a peg to make her reevaluate, but i don't see that happening any time soon.

In non-groanworthy parts of the episode, the tempo has slowed way down, which is to be expected after the rollercoaster of the first two episodes, but at least i couldn't notice any noticeable drop in animation quality (though a lot of reused clips, which is fine for now), which is giving me hope that they've distributed their budget sensibly. Looking forward to more.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

OnimaruXLR posted:

How many teenagers who are good at teaching others do you know? How many of them are also vampires???

Three, though that was a decade ago and by now they're not teenagers anymore

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lestaki posted:

It did. I still think the Fused Colony is the lamest but it was pretty great that our cool half-human protagonists got bailed out by the normies doing the right thing and everyone had to pull together to kill the boss. The whole 'run to the right to avoid derailment' was absurd but a perfect capstone to the episode.

Running to the right was sensible and a good thing, but the fact that they thought pushing would help anything was lol

The resolution to Mumei's problems ended up not being a resolution at all, instead she magically got better out of confusion apparently. Come on, when she's on about her "strong vs weak" shtick, just challenge her views with different kinds of strength, or maybe how you're weaker the less supporting people you have, anything. Instead you say "No you're not strong, just weak like me, also i massacre a hundred Kabane solo now" like it makes any kind of point.

I can't be mad about Ikoma though, because WOW why do you just carry around a bottle of blood that's creepy.... Oh right. That's because you're kinda smart and practical unlike Mumei. :downs:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Everything and everyone in this show is dumb as hell, and it's a 50/50 split on whether it's entertaining or infuriating.

"Let's release the pressure valves for a speed boost on these curving tracks" *undresses*

I was half expecting them to throw yellow and red presto logs into the furnace

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
American Engineer should be rapping the ending, to a montage of Steering Lady working out

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Nahxela posted:

Just caught up with this series.

My favorite line is "Daita-iron no more desu."

Same, i had to rewind and listen to it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

Thete hasn't been a single subtle thing about the show so far I'm not sure why anyone would suddenly expect any.
What a load of crock.

I didn't expect any subtlety out of this show; i am watching it precisely because it swung a giant sledgehammer at my face in the first couple episodes. I did however expect well-written 'unsubtle', or at least not-bad. Subtlety doesn't equal good.
You're allowed to use shorthands to set up the situation and people in the first couple episodes, to get the action going and start out with a bang, and by god did the show deliver on that.
You're supposed to stop doing that once you've established the environment, got the viewer hooked and coming down from the initial high though. Not continue to go about your plot beats in the most obnoxious and contrived way inhumanly possible.

I'm here for the sweet vindication the series delivered in the first two episodes, but so far it has just repeated the same motions again and again just to discard them without a real pay-off.

In regards to the actual episode. Mumei's backstory makes less and less sense. Unless she spent like all of two weeks with Bieber after being "rescued" by him and learned all of what she knows out on missions away from him, there's no way she wouldn't have known what a kind of person he is and what he's planning, poo poo like that needs preparation. It's actually more believable that she'd defend his ideals and way to go about them than be incredulous that they exist in the first place if she grew up with him.
Fights looked good, but there was a disappointing lack of trains smashing through zombies.

• Locked thread