Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Mumei is written as "Nameless" :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Mokinokaro posted:

Amazon Prime is notably US only. that pretty kills it's exposure overseas.

Amazon Prime is also available in Europe, but it's not really well known for anime.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

It's both, I think and Ikoma's thing was ramping the whole thing up. The additional bit is that it's basically a cannon and Ikoma can really only use it and stay standing because he's a Kabaneri. Compare to when he first used it successfully and the recoil sent him flying (if I remember correctly)

He was already on the ground, wrestling with the kabane. So we have no clue yet whether a normal human can handle the recoil.
I'm also not really sure what the combination of gun powder and steam is exactly doing.

-e-
It seems like it's shooting shaped charges?

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 02:44 on May 6, 2016

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

I loved this episode because 'people who think they know better than everyone else creating far greater tragedies when they capitalize on everyone's unhappiness with the current system' is extremely my poo poo.

I'm not saying they're wrong about keeping them in their own car or anything, poo poo, I wouldn't be comfortable with them sticking around every second of every day like they're actually people. I think that being their room for when it's time to sleep is cool though.

I'm pretty sure it shot through that logo/standard/cloth whatever when he first got it working though right?

Yeah, it still covered some distance. During his first test we see also burning paper, so it can't be steam alone.
They talked about increasing the cavity along with the explosives, which made me think shaped charge or something like a HEAT projectile.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Condiv posted:

superheated steam can set things on fire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9uvIhgVz04

A jet of super heated steam would be awesome, but would it leave such a huge dent in a steel plate?
Also thanks for the video.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Man I don't remember is the fat one in thst pic?

Also they're more akin to mechanics than engineers akin to our mechanical department.

The picture is just a few posts earlier. Fat friend is on the bottom, Uncle Sam and chunkremover are on the top.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

CryingAthena posted:

I'm seriously weirded out by how Mumei's skin tone is Extra Pink but Ikoma, as a fellow Kabaneri, has about three blue and green filters on his skin, especially in this episode. Why is that necessary, any ideas? :confused:

I doubt she was put into a strangling machine.

Why does Ikoma still wear his steampunk bdsm anywear, anyway?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Condiv posted:

what was the spider the kabane hunter guy stabbed? it looks like some sort of tiny headcrab or kabane spider

i'm still unsure how pregnant lady got the kabane baby inside her too

The guy was just a dick. It was probably just a normal spider, analog to those scorpions or snakes that sometimes get stabbed.

The woman was bitten and the baby was infected, too.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Grouchio posted:

And then Mumei explodes according to the final episode's PV

They fill her with rice until she bursts.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Miss Nomer posted:

I thought this season was only 11 episodes long. Is there one more?

The second episode was delayed because of the earthquake in Kumamoto.
It will be 12 episodes.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

So when exactly did Biba give Ikoma the white blood?

If Mumei didn't act so surprised, I would've said she injected it.
But yeah, after the Kabane giant collapsing and after killing Biba are the only times he could have gotten it and the first time Biba was taking pot shots at him.

Continuity :argh:

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Broseph Brostar posted:

So was the shipwreck in the second to last episode supposed to be the source of the outbreak in Japan or am I reading too far into it?

What makes you think that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Broseph Brostar posted:

Conventional ships with sails seem out of place in a world full of steam trains. I'd think that Japan is still isolated, but there's also that white guy.

Steam locomotives didn't come to Japan until 1872, after the opening of the country.
It's not like steamboats immediately replaced all sail boats, so the ship can be from whenever.
There are just too few hints to connect it to the Kabane.

• Locked thread