Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Guavanaut posted:

Whereas the UK's Daily Mail printed "Abortion hope after 'gay genes' findings"

I would have a lot of hope for aborting the parents who would show any interest in that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

fishmech posted:

Janice Raymond was an activist for transgender rights before her partner transitioned (ftm) and left her because he didn't feel like he could be in a lesbian relationship anymore, at which point she immediately flipped and wrote The Transsexual Empire and started lobbying against things like medicare/medicaid covering anything to do with transpeople. Several other feminists of that time period had similar things happened and joined up with Janice Raymond.

"All transsexuals rape women's bodies by reducing the real female form to an artifact, appropriating this body for themselves. .... Transsexuals merely cut off the most obvious means of invading women, so that they seem non-invasive."

Jesus christ what a loving shitbag.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Keeshhound posted:

If there was a safe, reliable chemical (meaning brain chemistry) treatment for gender dysphagia that would make you comfortable with the physical sex you were born with, would that be something you'd entertain using?

Nope, for a couple reasons for me personally I guess. One is that I just wouldn't be very good on the idea of "Shoot me up with some poo poo to really twist my brain up" and the other is that I'd pretty likely hate the stuff itself if it existed, because boy would that be a sickeningly misused/cheered on breakthrough knowing people.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

If there was any justice, every one of those hellholes would be firebombed with the people running them locked inside.

I have a couple friends, guys and girls both, that had first-hand experiences with them and after the things they talked about, there's not a drop of exaggeration in the pure hate of the above statement.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 7, 2016

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Max posted:

Back in the Tranquility Bay days, kids were literally kidnapped in the middle of the night from their beds and brought to those facilities. The instant they turn 18 they are told they can stay with the program and finish, or quit right there and then. If they quit, they were given a ticket back home and some cab fare. Usually, if you quit, the implication was that your family wouldn't take you back and you'd be totally on your own with $50 to your name.

I truly do hope everyone that had a hand in those, the ones now and the ones in the foreseeable future get the express route to hell in the end.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Artificer posted:

The shooter is dead. What do you think we should do?

Bury him upside down in a bedazzled, hot pink spray-painted dumpster filled with diarrhea.

Also broadcast this on live TV.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Atoramos posted:

There is not a human on this earth who would see such a thing and interpret it as strength.

gently caress em, it's not about strength in my suggestion, it's about "I hope he's rotting in some hell or another" more.

Also Breivik should've sprayed his own brains on some trees and saved the people over there even the smallest amount of time and money. Though it would've been nicer if he'd also opted to do that before he shot anyone else in the first place.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

we were all 13 once and thought Judge Dredd was the hero

Neither, but murderous bigots still deserve to go to whichever hell regardless of anything. I'm just being an angry idiot on the internet right now.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jun 12, 2016

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

Murdering him would have made him a martyr. Instead he's an embarrasment who complains the lack of current gen video games in his cell is inhumane

I wasn't saying they should have killed him, I said it would've been great if he'd just done himself first and skipped the part about killing a bunch of young people.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Just go away please.

Except from the entire forum hopefully. He constantly shits up the I/P thread with his stupid garbage as well.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Stacy White's home should be painted in repeating rainbow pattern.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I know that I dropped it and walked away because I was asked to

Hermetic posted:

Come back later to apologize.

That was some rotten poo poo, regardless of what you were going for with it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

It's because he looks like that thing South Park and whatever else does where they just paste a high res head cut-out on a body, like it's not actually attached to that neck.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

AriadneThread posted:

A friend of mine is worried about what brexit means for LGBT protections in the UK.

Considering one of the most loud thoughts for leaving was "immigration" playing to the "the wrong people existing in muh country" crowd, I wouldn't be surprised if the answer was not good.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What is DAE, I legitimately have no idea on that one and all it turns up is Digital Audio Extraction/Exchange/Editor and airports.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

RagnarokAngel posted:

I feel so confused. I doubt they came to that conclusion lightly, since it's the obvious answer, but seriously? He went out of his way to shoot up a gay club during pride week. What other purpose could he have? Guess we won't know.

To be honest, regardless of what they say there's really almost no other angle imaginable unless it's just "gently caress the gays" filtered through another thing (Religious extremism or whatever), but that still ends with every piece of it being "gently caress the gays" so it's not much of a difference anyway.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

A fun angle on the Olympics: outing closeted athletes for clicks. Bonus clicks if they are from repressive countries!

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2016/08/11/the_daily_beast_s_olympics_grindr_stunt_is_dangerous_and_unethical.html

And the award for subhuman shitbag of the day goes toooooo-

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The editor who removed the offending information in the article and apologized?

And how many people saw it before it was edited, how difficult will it be to just find an archive of that somewhere? He shouldn't have loving done it in the first place, at all, full stop, there's no excuse and apologizing kind of comes too late after you might have already just ruined some peoples lives.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

In shocking news, Julian Assange gains further traction on being a huge shitbag.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The poor man's freedoms (to harass people and be a face for hate mobs) has been infringed upon, oh where will the injustice end. :rolleyes:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Like friggin clockwork by this point.

Periodiko posted:

Their twitter account retweeted Coulter

:barf:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

metalloid posted:

People say lovely homophobic things all the time, but every once in a while when someone says something lovely and homophobic I randomly get really loving angry.

:same:

It usually just depends on how big of a shitbag they are about swinging around the power they do or don't have on it. Like some fundie clown just getting mad and ranting about those drat queers is whatever, when it's judges and crazy people with cult followings actually influencing things, it's worth getting at least some part pissed off over.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

spotlessd posted:

Tell me more about this irrepressible font of wisdom known as "the middle".

Protip, it's not 'truth is in the middle' to say that it's rarely good to go to any side of extremism you moron

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Liquid Communism posted:

This shouldn't surprise you, his VP has been an avid conversion therapy advocate.

So basically yeah, anyone playing that "T-they're equally as bad though!" card for not voting by this point is strongly encouraged to goooooo gently caress yourself.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Baka-nin posted:

Same sex marriage legislation passed unanimously in Gibraltar, hasn't come into effect yet but with no political opposition it shouldn't take too long.

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/gibraltar-passes-sex-marriage-unanimous-support/#gs.X=qvhjo

It's real stupid of me, but all that comes to mind hearing this (Past the obvious initial "Good!") is Overwatch jokes :v:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I hope Pence chokes to death on the fattest, gayest dick available.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Prester Jane posted:

The net effect of all this is it will make it possible for a school to harass an LGBT student until they drop out, at which point they can be sent by their parents (or in blood red states ordered by local courts) to attend one of these transformation centers. So if you are wondering what the plan to put LGBT youth into camps looks like, whelp.

Burn these people to the goddamned ground.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

there wolf posted:

I haven't played the game, but wasn't the entire media blitz around Tracer pretty much just

Yeah pretty much, she had a dumb victory screen pose of her looking back over her shoulder, but pretty much everyone in this game including dudes has good butts, so people got mad about that view of her butt and then they changed the pose to something better but then bigger idiots got mad about MUH CENSORSHIP!!!1!

Also "hypersexualized" is a bit far and pretty wrong feeling when a lot of other stuff is still struggling to get past all their lady characters wearing boobplate or having inexplicable boob window armor. Meanwhile this is the gay shootlady.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Don't be an idiot. The guys have good butts because male players want to see themselves as those guys.

Have you missed the truckload of ladies and gay dudes that made a thing out of Genji's butt, hell Reaper's butt too, I've seen a buncha people into S76 being a grizzled older man, I mean drat even for as grimy of characters as they are, Roadhog and Junkrat even comes out pretty pleasing for a niche of people. I'll be straight up and say Overwatch pretty well feels like it was made to have something for everyone/anyone, not just on accident or coincidence either really, like there's a point of the designs going from 'Guy has good body so dudes want to be like him for power fantasy' to 'Cyborg man is basically wearing a fundoshi on the back end' which feels like it's appealing to something other than your average straight guy looking for a cool design.

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Why don't the characters in the shooty game wear armor?

A bunch of them do tho.

Control Volume posted:

I dont think anyone argued against this

Yeah pretty much, no kidding there's A Thing of guys wanting pretty ladies in their games to ogle, which sucks as usual, but you can come around to the idea that guys in games being hot isn't solely for straight guys to wanna be them anymore too. It's been this way for a while despite how much people wanted to disbelieve or 'jokingly' downplay it, but a whole, WHOLE lot of women and LGBT people play games, it's not even a stretch to imagine a lot of dudes in games can be/are designed to appeal to them as well as power fantasies and junk. I mean drat, Square Enix doesn't even try to hide it anymore that they make pretty dudes for ladies when it comes to Final Fantasy for instance.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Dec 21, 2016

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

stone cold posted:

Also, yeop, final fantasy has bishies, must mean games are less sexist!

That's not what I said or am saying though. Just that good looking dudes doesn't solely mean guy power fantasy anymore. :shrug:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

But remember guys, he's socially liberal, totally not a bigot and so on.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Kanine posted:

Also bisexual women are the victims of sexual violence at a higher rate than most other demographics, which is something that also seems like a political issue to me.

That really seems like a thing that could just be unfortunately coincidental to the horrible statistics women have with sexual violence across the board. With how much of a massive issue it is period, the rates among a small minority group kind of naturally turn out super high because as already said it's huge problem for women as a whole, I wouldn't figure it's anything really specific to being bisexual that's not also an issue faced the same by lesbians, I mean considering the things written there are exactly the same kinds of thing lesbians have to deal with, being sexualized up as a thing for men, corrective assault and so on.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Eimi posted:

That's really good I think. What would changing it to a neutral diagnosis even mean though?

Fuckhead crazies get told to shove it up their rear end using their flimsy justifications to "fix" such a terrible "dangerous illness" on some small bit of thought.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I don't think I've ever met one Bernie person with a single kind word for cheeto golem thankfully, facebook sounds bad.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

MaxxBot posted:

There seems to be an increasingly prevalent trend of "progressive" writers singling out and disparaging white gay men in a way that they would never talk about any other minority group in any context. Pretty much nothing in these articles is backed up be even a single shred of factual evidence, the writer just seems to be blaming all sorts of social problems on white gay men because their level of privilege makes it acceptable to do so. There's just so much here that would never be accepted when discussing another minority group, but is considered acceptable by these people because of their oppression olympics view of identity politics.

It's some bullshit.

It's super cool that I don't qualify as "minority enough" I guess because I'm too light of a guy of italian+mexican heritage (Actually a woman but woops about probably ever getting that addressed and fixed any time soon), even though I still belong to a group where plenty of people would love to beat me to death solely for existing or having the gall to show affection or even just closeness to a boyfriend anywhere in public. I just wonder when my lack of melanin will also somehow let me get around all the brutal transphobia that becomes more common all the time as well.

The people who also get on about "You can just blend in and hide it and be an average 'white' person though!" can also feel free to go to hell, please do advocate a queer person just get back in the closet some more.

shovelbum posted:

Aren't both of those examples reportedly pretty happy with the whole thing?

Catman I forget their name, is dead nowadays and killed themselves if I remember right, so ehhhh on that one.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jan 17, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

stone cold posted:

when did we add this to the quiltbag agenda?

A whole, whole lot of homeless young people are the result of monstrous parents disowning their LGBT kids.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I don't want to speak for her, but I don't think that was what Steve meant.

Woops yeah, I might've just misread a joke there, might as well leave the rest up in case not though.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jan 19, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Same old, beat off, talk to goons on discord, probably eat some soup and play some games.

Cheeto golem can blow me if their horse poo poo is gonna try and ruin my days.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

B-BUT GUYS, HE'S SOCIALLY LIBERALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

More and more all the time I want to strangle the people that kept somehow repeating this damned lie to themselves and any other dumbasses that would listen.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I mean honestly depending on where you live, owning a pistol or something for self defense isn't a bad idea, just don't own it for crazy :tinfoil: reasons.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Shbobdb posted:

Owning a gun for self defense is a crazy reason.

Not really, having a regular old shotgun around to keep your home safe is pretty standard stuff for a lot of places, you live in a crummier area, somewhere more isolated or woodsy, things like that.

Also glazier is a dumb/crazy sounding person and is on the reverse side as someone who probably shouldn't be allowed around any guns.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jan 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Woopee, they're literally opening the camps now.

"Russian newspapers and human rights groups report that more than 100 gay men have been detained “in connection with their non-traditional sexual orientation, or suspicion of such” as part of a purge. Several people were also reportedly feared dead following violent raids. In a chilling response, a Chechen government spokesperson denied that there are any gay people to detain, insisting that “you can’t detain and harass someone who doesn’t exist in the republic”. The Kremlin denied any knowledge of a purge. The detainees face electric shock torture and violent beatings, while some of them have been held to ransom and used to extort their families."

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/04/10/chechnya-has-opened-concentration-camps-for-gay-men/

Also would you look at that, a bunch of comments that look like they only care because it's another chance to scream about the mooselimbs.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Apr 11, 2017

• Locked thread