Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Carb swap will end up costing more in the end than trying to finagle your working motor bits with a pretty big loss of reliability to boot. I can't imagine the transmission connections to ECU being anything complicated, going off vehicles of similar vintage with ECUs I remember only finding like speedo and reverse switch stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
god fuckin' drat!!

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Time to pack 'er up. There's no time. Even if you figure out the pedal and the brakes, who knows what gremlins lie in the electrical. Nothing's tested. Focus on the Daytona and on getting home to you cat.

This has been incredible...and don't tell anyone but I always thought the wheels would end up killing you.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
The Daytona was a long shot anyway. You've done an incredible job man, and I don't think anyone could have done better. Now there's time to think about the brake issue and all the other poo poo that needs tightening up. It was an impossible mission to begin with.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
What's the word on Mercedes inline 5 diesels? I've googled a few recently for a potential diesel swap in the very far future and they seem pretty affordable but I don't know if they have the HP you'd wan't.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Hey at least now you don't have to spend hours peeling the tape off to find what goes where. Bring some zip ties.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

DICK DICER posted:

Ah, i had recieved the exact opposite (aside from lighting) info from a delivery cyclist here in Seattle, and well i love me some gadgets

I'm guessing delivery cyclists run faster/lighter than touring cyclists so I can see them running the dyno hard enough to charge a phone.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
I'm like 95% sure that the trailer stove and other propane accessories are vented somehow but when you put a different stove inside the trailer you def run the risk of CO poisoning.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
also dicer please don't bring sticks inside, they're outside toys

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
LOL now I understand DJDaddo's concerns

e; fb

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
nice poopbuckets

also iirc that dumptruck toy car thing was some neighbourhood hotwheels track champion

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
a "water bucket" so the turds are safely stored inside a layer of water, no doubt

edit: the downwind property has reported widespread death of crop and livestock, contaminants are atmospheric in nature.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
14" visited that toilet earlier in the week, the TP was removed as a result.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

DICK DICER posted:

I actually did use it yesterday and there was like two industrial rolls in there so it was either me or there was an incident

Do you think maybe a normal movement for you is an incident for mortals.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Post on the local FB group or craigslist and ask someone to foster/adopt/re home her.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Awesome!

I googled it and there's a dog rescue in Valentine, apparently.

With a dog as chill and well trained as the one you found it shouldn't be a problem to get it to a foster home.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

kzersatz posted:

Driving north on 75/23 in Ohio there is a trukk parked in a field with another trukk on it's bed, looks astoundingly similar, albeit in worse condition; next time I make this trek north I'm gonna take photos of it.

It's like in the first half life when you make it to the alien world but you find a few already dead scientists in HEV suits. We were not the first to try this...

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
oh man definitely needs megasquirt

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
I'm gonna do the noble thing when my hair thins too much. I'm gonna grow a skullet (and buy that camaro).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Oh man I gotta jump into the refrigeration chat. I was working on a fire alarm system for a warehouse full of gigantic chillers in Saskatchewan. There's a potash mine that goes like a kilometre deep but there was too much groundwater so they went we must freeze the earth itself and the ground around the shaft is artificially induced permafrost, basically.

I was in this crazy set of brutalist buildings one time too, the whole mechanical room was above two separate crawlspaces, each with their own giant open-air "chimney" I guess and the spaces acted as a passive airflow system for the complex. The airflow in them was insane. The chimneys were built into the exterior walls and from looking you could never tell there was a giant 9 storey shaft that just opened up at the top.

• Locked thread