Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
So you wanna look trendy. . . :whatup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

ExplodingSims posted:

The search continues, as somebody apparently does not want to make any money this weekend.
And my search has taken me down a strange road, one filled....with vans.

http://spacecoast.craigslist.org/ctd/5636948632.html

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5653537922.html

http://daytona.craigslist.org/cto/5655777033.html

Anybody in the central Florida area looking for a van body to drop a new engine into? :v:
I mean, they come with a 350, and provide working and sleeping quarters...

You need to buy the white Chevy with the least amount of windows, it is not only the best value of the three, it also screams Mobile Rape Station the loudest.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
1) Relocate base camp into the husk of the van
2) Transplant 4.0 into Chevy, it was born with an I6, it will die with an I6.
3) Transplant holy V-8 into veedub.
4) Burn V8 logo into 14's chest while he is asleep.
5) Connect IV from Danno to 14.
6) Ride into Valhalla shiny and chrome.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Seminal Flu posted:

Why are you wasting your time dicking on a burned truck. You have a job to do and weather coming. Get the gently caress to work.
How else is he going to power the VW? It is missing a motor, right?

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
I thought the plan was to avoid the interstate all together in that beast? Christmas traffic in a 55mph cop magnet is bound to be fun.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

<snip> I can't think of a good use for a 60 year old medium-duty dump truck. </snip>
Is this truck still even a medium duty by today's standards? I thought medium duty trucks, according to the DOT, are actually dump trucks like F750s and up or poo poo made by International and Kenworth, bigger than your average 1 ton dually (regardless of how many "heavy duty" stickers plaques it has). Is the frame of this truck actually safe enough to be put back to real commercial work?

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

djdanno13 posted:

We.... may have hit our first SNAFU. The brake cylinders that Larry bought for the rear. All four of them... are wrong. The existing ones look okay but Dave had been pretty adamant about having brakes.

Dave says gently caress it. We're proceeding.
As bad good an idea as this sounds, any Harley rider will tell you rear brakes are useless. :clint:

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

ExplodingSims posted:

But first, we must put our faith into some 80s Mopar.
:gonk:

:f5::f5::f5:

What are the plans to get fastback to Seattle? I think the Xmas video said tow it behind the truck to Florida, but that's a thousand miles in the wrong direction, although that implies it's almost in running condition to return Dave home if we have to abandoned ship?

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
Something is wrong with you if you don't like the sound of a 2 stroke Detroit. The 6.2 and 6.5 diesels would both keep it in the family but their power kinda sucks, although it would probably still be an upgrade compared to the original flat head. Everyone puts 5.9 Cummins into every drat thing so please don't go that route. Other engines I would love to have would be an International DT466 (i-6)or T444 (v-8), both are ridiculously reliable, make decent power, and were use in medium trucks so should be available everywhere. I believe the most common DT is the 466 variant but they also make a smaller and larger sizes, I believe 360-570cu in.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

cursedshitbox posted:

If you wanna go diesel, theres a few of us diesel guys here.

the short of Gms:
6.2: ok
6.5: not ok.
6.6: ok if you're fine with wiring.

the short of fords
6.9/7.3 idi: ok
7.3 psd: ok with wiring.
nothing else applies.

dodge:
6bt: yes
24v: yes with wiring.
isb: wiring required.

Lotta isuzus and stuff with diesels are generally fine, but they'll commend a premium in price and parts.

Detroit 53 series maybe. no 72/92s. a 8.2 is garbage.
Small/large cam cummins are too big. go B or C series.
Cats? Leave em in construction equipment IMO.
Navistars 444 and 466 are good engines.
I primairly like the DT466 because it would not be another Cummins, but it is a big motor. . . I wonder if the DT360 (if you can find one) would be closer to Cummins size since their displacement is the same.

I am a little surprised you list the 6.2 as OK and the 6.5 as not OK, if anything I always thought the 6.5 was better than the 6.2 in every way. I remember there is an issue with I think the injection pump where it mounted like next to the turbo and the heat fries the electronics so it's recommended to relocate it and attach a heatsink but I have not read of any other issues with the 6.5L. Of course, a Duramax would be better in every possible way, but a lot more expensive and probably come with more emissions poo poo to go wrong if you get one too new.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
I like Amtrak, I find it does take a couple more hours than driving but people on interstates are just inconsiderate and childish so often, I would rather sit back and relax in a train that put up with highway shenanigans. As for Greyhound, I would rather shoot crack in an overflowing porta potty instead.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
The bus was on time, clean, and had working wifi? Oh yeah the luggage. . . Still Greyhound. I fear we might be sending Dick to his doom especially if the Trukk doesn't run by winter. Thread title delivers.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

MullardEL34 posted:

2021- Dave is the Mayor of Valentine.
You jest but my hometown is about the size of Valentine and the mayor is also the local NAPA store owner wizard.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

shortspecialbus posted:

Wisconsin isn't all that close to Nebraska and if we're going to ship it here, we might as well just finish the trip and send it to Florida.
But it's not about the truck or Florida anymore, it's about Dave freezing his dick off with a bicycle and half of a metric Harbor Freight socket set in a field somewhere committing unspeakable acts in a vain attempt to take the Trukk to Valhalla, Wisconsin is perfect for that. Can we get the truck up to Slung Blade's land?

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
We're gonna need more Jeeps. . .

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Blue On Blue posted:

Nah I only post car pictures in the car picture thread

I don't really over think it past that

Paging 14 Inch Dick. . .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
If Trukk is going to moving under it's own power on public roads, what is the plan when the cops pull Dick over?

• Locked thread